Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:32:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Mentioning Comedy Titles Just To See If People Remember Them.

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, February 02, 2019, 02:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Billy Liar ( Featuring the late, great George A. Cooper )

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: rasta-spouse on February 03, 2019, 03:53:26 PM
Shelley

Great Choice ! Featuring sitcom stalwart Josephine Tewson in early series as Mrs. H, his landlady. The last series of " The Return Of Shelley " seemed to be trying to present him as a Tony Hancock sort of figure.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

It Takes A Worried Man
( Written by  and starring, the creator of " Shelley ", with Marlene/ Her Off " End Of Part One " as his lass.)

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Well, Anyway
( Written by, and starring, John Bird and John Fortune . BBC2, 1976 )

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Oneupmanship
(# Dennis Potter is a rotter # Presented by Richard Briers. Also BBC 2 1976 )

Brundle-Fly

h&p@bbc
Rings On Their Fingers
Cowboys
Barney Is My Darling
You're Only Young Twice

Jockice

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on February 03, 2019, 02:57:31 PM
Funny how a popular show starring David Jason that ran fou four series barely registers now with anybody.

It was on one of the obscure channels in the early hours a  few weeks ago but haven't got round to watching it yet.

Anyway, My Wife Next Door.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

# don't trust cowboys ! # ( featuring the ill- fated Debbie Linden as their receptionist/secretary-type lady )

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Jockice on February 03, 2019, 04:38:09 PM
It was on one of the obscure channels in the early hours a  few weeks ago but haven't got round to watching it yet.

Wife played by her who was also in  the filmed sketches from " Dave Allen At Large ". Jaquie/ Jackie someone. Was also in the "Oh, Crikey! " segment of that episode of " The Young Ones ".

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on February 03, 2019, 04:41:43 PM
# don't trust cowboys ! # ( featuring the ill- fated Debbie Linden as their receptionist/secretary-type lady )

That was a pretty tragic end for her. She was also in Are You Being Served? of course.

kalowski

Captain Z

Fawlty Towers
Only Fools And Horses
Friends
Dad's Army
Father Ted
Blackadder

L For Lester
Take a Letter Mr Jones
Third Time Lucky
Revolting Women

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on February 03, 2019, 05:24:31 PM

Revolting Women

# We 're revolting....revolting women ! # ( I can well imagine the Au Pairs doing a creditable cover version of that theme tune )

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Cold Meat Platter

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

That one with Josie Lawrence, and That bloke who had a role in "Scum", one of the unsympathetic staff, fucked if I can remember the name of it. From  about 1994.

Captain Z

Quote from: Captain Z on February 03, 2019, 05:23:49 PM
Fawlty Towers
Only Fools And Horses
Friends
Dad's Army
Father Ted
Blackadder

Do you remember them? ANSWER ME.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

The Losers
(Alan Coren  scripted, Leonard Rossiter, the young Alfred Molina, Yer Man Rossiter sang the theme tune )

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Captain Z on February 03, 2019, 05:55:21 PM
Do you remember them? ANSWER ME.
Yes. They're all fairly well known, to be honest with you. Remember that episode of "Faulty Towers "with the young Michael Portillo as the doctor ? "I want to eat some sausages,you cunt !"

Brundle-Fly

Wyatt's Watchdogs. Brian Wilde is head of a neighbourhood watch group. That's it. Who on earth thought they could get a whole sitcom out of such a slender premise?

At the 3:16 mark is one of the finest examples of a 'Gilligan cut'. It's the musical comedy sting that finesses the device wonderfully.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blnLbh9fECY

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Mann's Best Friends
( Fulton McKay, Patricia Brake, Bernard Bresslaw...stellar cast! )

Phil_A

Eamon, Older Brother Of Jesus, written by and starring Michael "Father Stone" Redmond. Used to run as a segment on Shuttleworth Showtime(and apparently Alan Davies's show I have no memory of), back when Radio 1 could be arsed to have a comedy slot. Then it was supposed to go over to Radio 4, but apparently a new staunchly Catholic controller came in and binned it before a single episode had aired.

Brundle-Fly