Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:25:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Mentioning Comedy Titles Just To See If People Remember Them.

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, February 02, 2019, 02:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brundle-Fly

Three medical comedies for ya

Surgical Spirit
The Pink Medicine Show
Let The Bood Run Free

beanheadmcginty

Captain Z

The Peter Kay Show
The Alan Partridge Show
The Stewart Lee Show
The Chris Morris Show
The Del Boy From Only Fools And Horses Show
The David Mitchell and Robert Webb Show

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Captain Z on February 03, 2019, 07:36:45 PM
The Peter Kay Show
The Alan Partridge Show
The Stewart Lee Show
The Chris Morris Show
The Del Boy From Only Fools And Horses Show
The David Mitchell and Robert Webb Show

Mr Show

pigamus

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on February 03, 2019, 07:28:09 PM
Three medical comedies for ya

Surgical Spirit
The Pink Medicine Show
Let The Bood Run Free

Surgical Spirit's a good one. I associate it with the weekend... was it on Fridays? [checks] Yeah. Bloody hell, it ran til 1995! I would have guessed 92ish but no farther.

I associate LET THE BLAD RAN FREE! with the early days of UK Gold, where they ran a trail for it over and over again. That and THEN CHURCHILL SAID TO ME!, neither of which I ever actually watched.

beanheadmcginty

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

The Pink Medicine Shows a good one too.Involved Pythinesque links to creaky old medical student revue material. Not
brave enough to show Lynda Bellingham completely getting her tits out, either.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on February 03, 2019, 08:12:34 PM
The Pink Medicine Shows a good one too.Involved Pythinesque links to creaky old medical student revue material. Not
brave enough to show Lynda Bellingham completely getting her tits out, either.

I loved the opening titles and theme as a kid. A great opening gag from the first sketch. Not sure I'm going to watch any more beyond that though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEawRb9WhtI

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: pigamus on February 03, 2019, 08:01:32 PM
Surgical Spirit's a good one. I associate it with the weekend... was it on Fridays? [checks] Yeah. Bloody hell, it ran til 1995! I would have guessed 92ish but no farther.

I was a bit fixated with Nichola McAuliffe's face at the time. She looked alien but so compelling.

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on February 03, 2019, 05:53:55 PM
That one with Josie Lawrence, and That bloke who had a role in "Scum", one of the unsympathetic staff

Not a tall thin slightly gormless-looking man with a moustache and dark hair?  Remember him in some 80s adverts, if it was.  If it was him in this show, and anyone knows his name, you can use imdb to fine out the show.

pigamus

Brundle-Fly

Me, You And Him.
The Ritz
The Brain Drain
Guess Who's Coming To Dinner?

Brundle-Fly

Paris
The Groovy Fellas
Pookiesnakenburger
Dear Heart
Thick As Thieves

Chriddof

Quote from: pigamus on February 03, 2019, 08:01:32 PM

I associate LET THE BLAD RAN FREE! with the early days of UK Gold, where they ran a trail for it over and over again. That and THEN CHURCHILL SAID TO ME!, neither of which I ever actually watched.

Surgical Spirit was always a "turn over immediately and do not return" kind of show for me. I don't think I've seen a full episode to this day.

Wasn't Let The Blood Run Free shown on late night Channel 4? I quite liked it, though it was very broad.

Then Churchill Said To Me is an interesting one because it was filmed in 1982, and then the Falklands War happened, which got it postponed... and then they never bothered broadcasting it until they dug it out for UK Gold in 1993, shortly after the channel had launched the previous year. That's an 11 year gap between production and broadcast, by which time Frankie Howerd had died. I also never actually watched it.

Other shows: Me, You, And Him had a cameo for Hugh Dennis's "Milky Milky" character, albeit played by a different actor with his back to the camera as Dennis himself was passing by in the foreground. (You knew it was the "Milky Milky" man, or Mr. Strange to give him his official name, as they'd dubbed Dennis saying that catchphrase over the soundtrack.)

Pookiesnackenburger - have only seen one episode of this, the heavy metal one - which is great. It's on Youtube. I did think that the very last joke in that one was a bit disappointingly crap, although that's only from a modern day perspective... for 1985(?) any kind of parody of that particular Stephen King movie adaption in a comedy show would have been quite a fresh idea.

Paris I kept meaning to watch (due to Alexei Sayle's starring role) but somehow I never caught it when it was on. And what with one of it's co-writers currently exterminating his own career on Twitter, I don't feel like searching it out right now.

Phil Kay Feels... - has that been mentioned? I think I watched every episode of it. I remember a spoof advert for salt (illustrating a three-second joke he had) and a strange visual gag about literally walking into the sunset at the very end of the series. He was grandly making his way to a mocked-up sunset at the back of the set as the audience applauded, and then he smilingly looked back at them, except his face was suddenly horribly sun-burnt.

Nightingales! Has someone mentioned that as well? That was great, inexplicably made by the same production company behind Birds Of A Feather. Nice theme tune sung by Robert Lindsay, too.

zomgmouse

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

zomgmouse

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on February 04, 2019, 04:46:13 AM
I'll rip your bleedin' arms off ! ( Have I got that right ? )

I believe it was "bloody" but otherwise that's the one.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I remember " Dear Heart", as mentioned by yer man Brundle-Fly. The first series combined the acting talent of Toyah Wilcox and Colin Jeavons. The second series featured Bob Goody. It was fucking terrible.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Your Mother Wouldn't Like It

....and the top spin-off series what followed it # Let's go and meet the gang at Palace Hill #

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: AnOrdinaryBoy on February 03, 2019, 09:39:27 AM

Sunnyside Farm

One of our very own top posters ( as in person who posts here, not a big picture of that lady playing tennis and showing her botty ) co-wrote that show, I do believe.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

The Big One
( Starring Sandi Toksvig [ who also wrote it ] and Mike McShane )

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Spatz
( Featuring that Canadian woman who looked a bit like Brix Smith )

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I'm not going to write the title of this show; instead I'll write the last words of dialogue spoken on the very last episode, which were also the very last words spoken onscreen by a top venerable actress, who carked it shortly afterwards: " frigging vikings ".

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Watching

I used to have this thing about Emma Wray/ I used to play her every Saturday.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain