Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:47:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Crithpth 2019

Started by pancreas, February 02, 2019, 03:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Nope but glad Walkers Strong are easy to get. They've been in mainland Europe for a while. Usually we're the testbed for mad flavours but no longer

Sherringford Hovis

Quote from: ToneLa on February 07, 2019, 12:14:34 AM
...Not sure I like other flavours actually...
Salt n Vinegar Pringles are not a snack, they're an experience.a finite one, that makes you feel vaguely sick after. So the best kind of experience

I've just done a whole tube of Prosecco and Pink Peppercorn Pringles - they're only a quid in B&M right now, and I'd buy another - thereby making myself a liar.
I shall report to the Border Agency for deportation first thing on Monday morning.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Have they changed the recipe for the roysters t-bone steak ones? They were my fave at uni and i binged on those things like they were coke, yet every packet i've tried since then has been vaguely disappointing.

ToneLa

Quote from: Malcy on February 09, 2019, 08:43:18 PM
Haven't seen the new McCoys. More importantly i can't find the Chip Shop ones anymore...

No to your Walkers Q but my local offie is still fully packed with Chip Shop ones of multiple flavours (at least and possibly only 2). Can only think there's no shortage as I buy about five packets a week.

finnquark

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 09, 2019, 08:34:37 PM
Not seen them - where have you low down dirty cunts been sourcing them?

Down the big ASDA for a quid a bag.

Cursus

Yep, that's where I got mine. I tried the smoky chilli chicken flavour.

Quite nice, though just woke up after having a nightmare. Hopefully unrelated.

Malcy

Quote from: Angrew Lloyg Wegger on February 09, 2019, 10:37:07 PM
Have they changed the recipe for the roysters t-bone steak ones? They were my fave at uni and i binged on those things like they were coke, yet every packet i've tried since then has been vaguely disappointing.

Had a couple of packets earlier. Not sure if they tasted any different though. Only started buying them again after not eating them for years.

Quote from: ToneLa on February 09, 2019, 10:39:52 PM
No to your Walkers Q but my local offie is still fully packed with Chip Shop ones of multiple flavours (at least and possibly only 2). Can only think there's no shortage as I buy about five packets a week.

Ah ok cheers. I'll have to look a bit harder!

Bazooka

Quote from: Angrew Lloyg Wegger on February 09, 2019, 10:37:07 PM

Now Roysters, that's a crisp mans crisp, a flavour I have never found replicated.

ToneLa

Quote from: Sherringford Hovis on February 09, 2019, 09:25:44 PM

I've just done a whole tube of Prosecco and Pink Peppercorn Pringles - they're only a quid in B&M right now, and I'd buy another - thereby making myself a liar.
I shall report to the Border Agency for deportation first thing on Monday morning.

Fucking hell, I could have these with actual prosecco and peppercorns, in the bath as well, as, let's face it, I'm already on a certain trajectory and shouldn't fight it

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Free present in every can being diabetes, presumably.

ToneLa

Tonight's menu:
Chip shop curry flavour McCoy's Chips

It's cold out so figured anything to raise the ol blood pressure

Complimented with Amstel. That isn't a typo.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Cursus on February 09, 2019, 08:08:20 PM
Anyone else tried these yet:

Can confirm the chilli chicken ones are excellent. It's more like spicy salsa than chicken. The texture works. Top banana/crithpth. Also it's vegan!

Disappointed the flavours are the same three you usually get with Tortilla chip based stuff, mind.

Bennett Brauer

The Honey Glazed Ribs/Lemon Blast is bloody gorgeous, so why is it so hard to find? Plenty of the other variety around.

seepage

MidnightShambler

Quote from: Bennett Brauer on February 25, 2019, 02:04:35 PM

The Honey Glazed Ribs/Lemon Blast is bloody gorgeous, so why is it so hard to find? Plenty of the other variety around.

The lemon Dorito is the best crisp I've ever had. I went shopping while I was hungry (cardinal sin, bought far too much) and opened a bag in the car park. Ate the fucking lot, went back in and bought another three bags. I waited til I got home until I ate them though, I'm not an animal. I might possibly be the reason they're hard to find, now I think about it.

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: MidnightShambler on February 25, 2019, 02:14:22 PM
The lemon Dorito is the best crisp I've ever had. I went shopping while I was hungry (cardinal sin, bought far too much) and opened a bag in the car park. Ate the fucking lot, went back in and bought another three bags. I waited til I got home until I ate them though, I'm not an animal. I might possibly be the reason they're hard to find, now I think about it.
Heh. I did wonder if it was because it was flying off the shelves, but my local Tesco and Co-op are now restocking the other variety only. It's the Walkers Marmite debacle all over again.

MidnightShambler

I've never forgotten Walkers cunt behaviour with Cheese and Chive either. Why can't they just give us what we want?

ToneLa

Walkers Ketchup flavour crisps are for dangerous subversives

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Yep, the honey glazed lemon Doritos are pretty fucking tasty, only after trying them did I see what Egon Ronay was on about when he called them "big boy shit".

In comparison the guacamole ones are bright green and taste like a cabbage did a wank on it.

pancreas

Quote from: MidnightShambler on February 25, 2019, 03:19:21 PM
I've never forgotten Walkers cunt behaviour with Cheese and Chive either. Why can't they just give us what we want?

Sorosian agenda mate, Sorosian agenda.

MidnightShambler

If they bring back the coconut Boost, they can do what the fuck they like with the rest of the planet as far as I'm concerned.

Malcy

The Doritos are everywhere I go. Often on offer as well. Best Dorito flavour yet.

I had a bag of Seabrook Scorpion Chilli crisps a few days ago. My head was soaking with sweat after a handful. The rest are in the cupboard awaiting their fate. Think I'll give them to someone I don't like and watch them suffer.

Horrendously hot.

touchingcloth

Is there anywhere you can buy crisp dust? I opened a large pack of crisps for serving with some drinks at the weekend because I am middle class, and they were fairly meh. Meh until I reached one particular crisp which was covered in the crisp dust of its peers and it was a delight, such a delight in fact that I necked the fat remnant of crisp dust from the bottom of the bag and was not disappointed.

I'd like to buy that in a sachet, please.

Twit 2

Just ate a large bag of these:

Probably what Russian seal clubbers eat after a day on the sheet ice.

bgmnts

Haven't eaten a bag of crithpth in over a month.

Cheers.

Twit 2

Just a picture, you'll need some real ones.

pancreas

We have the chicken wing version. I just opened the bag to compare it to my imagination of the ones above. Obviously this was a fruitless exercise, but I do think the chicken wing ones are rather compelling.

imitationleather

Those jalapeno and cheese ones are fucking NANG.

Just excellent crisps.

ProvanFan

Quote from: MidnightShambler on February 25, 2019, 03:19:21 PM

Right on

ProvanFan

Quote from: MidnightShambler on February 25, 2019, 04:53:32 PM
If they bring back the coconut Boost, they can do what the fuck they like with the rest of the planet as far as I'm concerned.

Word