Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 07:10:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The greatest thing you ever found

Started by touchingcloth, February 02, 2019, 08:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenman

A quite smart pair of shoes still in a box in my size on a local viewpoint carpark, printed up a sign with my contact details on and stuck it up but after a few weeks with no takers I kept them as interview/wedding/funeral shoes.

Rizla

Quote from: Flouncer on February 03, 2019, 05:11:36 PM
A lad I used to play in a band with had a Twin Reverb clone badged as a Pearl; it was a great amp. He found it in the ruins of a burnt out youth club.

What, the burnt out youth had their own club? No wonder it was in ruins.

ToneLa

Found a Hohner headless guitar sitting in Cash Generator, £350

mothman

I was on a late train home to Sussex one night more than 20 years ago, and I heard some kids (well, teenagers) behind me talking about a bag they could see on the luggage rack - which happened to be right above me. Not mine. But I listened to them excitedly speculating about what might be in it - hopefully money - and egging each other on to go and grab it. This annoyed me, so as we were just pulling into my station I stood up, quite casually took the bag - actually a rather cheap plastic briefcase - down, smirked at them and got off the train.

When I got home I opened it. It appeared to belong to a woman working for a charity, and only contained paperwork relating to fundingraising events. So, I took it to work with me the next day and called her. Explained the situation, did she want me to hand in to Lost Property? She asked if she could collect it, and since I worked across the road from East Croydon station, we met there and I returned her property. She was very grateful and gave me a bottle of wine.

So, yeah. The greatest thing? Probably not. But it made me feel good to help somebody, and fuck with those little scrotes who would probably have just nicked it and dumped it once it turned out not to be valuable.

Of course, thinking back now, at no point did the possibility that it could be yer archetypal Suspect Package occur to me....

Rizla

Quote from: ToneLa on February 03, 2019, 07:18:42 PM
Found a Hohner headless guitar sitting in Cash Generator, £350
What, you didn't even haggle them down to £315 you mug?

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: mothman on February 03, 2019, 07:19:44 PM
I was on a late train home to Sussex one night more than 20 years ago, and I heard some kids (well, teenagers) behind me talking about a bag they could see on the luggage rack - which happened to be right above me. Not mine. But I listened to them excitedly speculating about what might be in it - hopefully money - and egging each other on to go and grab it. This annoyed me, so as we were just pulling into my station I stood up, quite casually took the bag - actually a rather cheap plastic briefcase - down, smirked at them and got off the train.

When I got home I opened it. It appeared to belong to a woman working for a charity, and only contained paperwork relating to fundingraising events. So, I took it to work with me the next day and called her. Explained the situation, did she want me to hand in to Lost Property? She asked if she could collect it, and since I worked across the road from East Croydon station, we met there and I returned her property. She was very grateful and gave me a bottle of wine.

So, yeah. The greatest thing? Probably not. But it made me feel good to help somebody, and fuck with those little scrotes who would probably have just nicked it and dumped it once it turned out not to be valuable.

Of course, thinking back now, at no point did the possibility that it could be yer archetypal Suspect Package occur to me....

One of the old soaks in my local found a violin in a case under a tree. Oddly the guy who was most vocal about handing it in because 'people are attached to their instruments' was a sketchy bloke who would nick scrap from his work and resold pianos off free cycle..

ToneLa

Quote from: Rizla on February 03, 2019, 07:23:15 PM
What, you didn't even haggle them down to £315 you mug?

Seemed like it had an interesting history....!

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: flotemysost on February 03, 2019, 07:02:52 PM
Earlier today I was browsing CDs in Oxfam, and I found an album by the band of an Australian bloke I met (and got off with) at Reading festival when I was 17. I'd never heard a single thing about them before or since - I'm not sure how I remembered the name after all these years, my brain has a fantastic capacity for retaining useless bollocks details from years ago. I checked the liner notes and it was recorded in Melbourne so I'm sure it must have been them.

I suppose the CD sections in charity shops (round here at least) always seem to be 80% mid-2000s landfill indie bands, so it fitted the bill.

Do you remember what year it was? It's just that I used to go to Reading a lot and may well have snogged him too glared evilly at a happy couple making out.

touchingcloth

At school we found a Nokia Fifty Thousand One Hundred and Ten that was unlocked, fully charged and with about £100 credit on it (we texted *#10# to find out).

We spent the day ringing 0900 numbers speaking with bored women claiming to be fudding themselves silly until the credit dwindled to nothing. Best. Day. Ever.

Sebastian Cobb

If it had that much credit it was probably chipped (or was that a Philips/cellnet thing?).

Basically early in the pay as you go days they thought it would be a good idea to store credit on the handset.

DrGreggles

Found a Hohner headless guitar in a skip. Sold it to Cash Generator for £100.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 03, 2019, 09:02:24 PM
If it had that much credit it was probably chipped (or was that a Philips/cellnet thing?).

Basically early in the pay as you go days they thought it would be a good idea to store credit on the handset.

I can't remember how much credit it actually was, but it was more a goodly pinch than an inconceivable amount.

Anyway

QuoteEmma immediately shifted onto all fours and I knelt behind her, drinking in the delicious spectacle of my normally shy girlfriend at her most slutty. I ask her who she wanted first, and begin to tease her anus with my tongue.

"I want the one with the biggest cock."

"And who's that?" I ask, temporarily tearing my tongue away from her puckered arsehole.

"You tell me. You've seen them after games in the showers."

The answer to that one was easy. Shafiq. A slim, muscled, Pakistani boy who was captain of the cricket team. The other lads made jokes about his 'third stump' so huge was his prick. He was also in Emma's A level class. That settled, the role play began. Emma reached behind herself and grabbed her buttocks with both hands, spreading them wide apart so that her wrinkled brown shithole bulged lewdly. Her thick pubic bush grew up around her arsehole and beneath her pulsating quoit her beefy cuntlips flopped wetly together.

"Come and fuck me Shafiq," she panted, "I want you cock up my arse. My boyfriend, Mr Smith, told me it's the biggest in the school and so I want you to fill my guts with it."

Replies From View

I once found a scorched Newton John being laminated or piping Edelweiss into Delaware.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Prison Biscuits on February 03, 2019, 07:00:54 PM
A pristine, untampered with satsuma wrapped up in a TV Quick article about The Cheeky Girls. You might think that isn't much, but I ate and wanked like a king that day.

I once found a pristine, untampered with Cheeky Girl behind Lembit Öpik's parliamentary skip.

Mister Six

Found this amazing guitar with a funny knob on it. Only 350 nicker from a Cash Generators!

hey can we stop with the cash converters shit and just post more quoits stories, thanks.

ToneLa

Nifty.org might well be one of the greatest things I've ever found! Fucking love the prose on there, it's magical.

QuoteSpying on Dad Part 2
Coming out of the closet

I did not say anything and completly froze in my place my dad then said "I
know your in there son you have seen everything so just come out" I did as
I was told and opened the wardobe door and said "Sorry I dont know what to
say" my dad looked at my smiled and then said "Get on your knees" I did not
know what to say and just went completly red and my dad then said as he
looked down at my rock hard cock "I know you like cock and what you saw
otherwise you would not be rock hard right now would you" I looked down at
my hard cock and dident say anything, my dad then put his large musclar
hand on my shoulder and slowly pushed me down on my kneese

I'm not fixing the weird spacing caused by copy n paste. It looks like fucking poetry. Puts the cummings in e e cummings. Feel a bit sorry for his niece though.

hamfist

My brother once found a pound coin wrapped in a pound note on a beach in early 1980s North Yorkshire.

DrGreggles

Back at the start of the internet I found 'Dean and Nigel Blend In'.
And it's still there!

Not sure it has ever been bettered.

touchingcloth

Quote from: DrGreggles on February 03, 2019, 09:55:57 PM
Back at the start of the internet I found 'Dean and Nigel Blend In'.
And it's still there!

Not sure it has ever been bettered.

I remember that! I don't know whether to click it and lol, or not click it and preserve my delicious memories intact.

It was actually a leader from the same youth group through which I found the quoit stories who introduced to me, so we've come back to where we began. Like a circle in a spiral, like a quoit within a quoit.

Captain Z

Around 16 years ago I found a Hohner headless guitar in the woods but a sprite popped up and told me it was cursed and whoever owned it would spend the rest of their life in the company of bald, mentally ill men. In the end I sold it to a Cash Generator for £35, the tone knob needed replacing anyway.

Ferris

A Boss Bass distortion and Boss tuning pedal, both immediately into my pedal board at the time. Used the bass distort on my guitar to get weird tones. Sold the tuner a few years later to pay a bill. Great.

20 quid in the gravel of a firing range bay when reloading my rifle (long story).

A bottle of advocaat under the stairs of a student house we lived in. Had gone chunky, but drank it all anyway.

Dex Sawash

Found the muslim version of a yarmulke on the ground by the bus stop. Fits just right and keeps my head warm. Might be a jah hat, not an allah hat.

Flouncer

Quote from: Rizla on February 03, 2019, 07:13:01 PM
What, the burnt out youth had their own club? No wonder it was in ruins.

Pretty much all the youth are burnt out in Gleadless Valley. They start hammering MDMA when they're in primary school.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Flouncer on February 03, 2019, 11:15:47 PM
Pretty much all the youth are burnt out in Gleadless Valley. They start hammering MDMA when they're in primary school.

They're all hammering MDMA while they're in primary school by the time I'm teaching them.

Quote from: touchingcloth on February 03, 2019, 09:25:01 PM
I once found a pristine, untampered with Cheeky Girl behind Lembit Öpik's parliamentary skip.

this is simply not true.

I found a pound coin on a badminton court and bought a can of cider with it which helped with the fact that I had been sweeping badminton courts for money.

samadriel

Quote from: flotemysost on February 03, 2019, 07:02:52 PM
Earlier today I was browsing CDs in Oxfam, and I found an album by the band of an Australian bloke I met (and got off with) at Reading festival when I was 17. I'd never heard a single thing about them before or since - I'm not sure how I remembered the name after all these years, my brain has a fantastic capacity for retaining useless bollocks details from years ago. I checked the liner notes and it was recorded in Melbourne so I'm sure it must have been them.

I suppose the CD sections in charity shops (round here at least) always seem to be 80% mid-2000s landfill indie bands, so it fitted the bill.

Go on, what was the band name?

billtheburger

A Scooter 2000 robot in a skip outside of work:

Ray Travez