Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:33:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The greatest thing you ever found

Started by touchingcloth, February 02, 2019, 08:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kittens

when i was childe i found an abandoned lawnmower in a farm on top of a hill near the pile of dirt we used to play on and pushed it home. pretty neat find.

Konki

Probably not the greatest thing I've ever found but certainly the greatest thing I've recently found: the mute group conversation function on whatsapp. Now those hundreds of pointless updates don't constantly bother me. Bliss.

Blinder Data

A Muslim-type robe at a bus stop after a night out. Put it on for the drunken walk home. It was fun - men should robes more often!

If the pics got released I'd probably be #cancelled now though

Ferris

Quote from: kittens on February 05, 2019, 01:56:00 PM
when i was childe i found an abandoned lawnmower in a farm on top of a hill near the pile of dirt we used to play on and pushed it home. pretty neat find.

You stole a lawnmower?

mothman

a duncandisorderly

flotemysost

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on February 03, 2019, 08:57:37 PM
Do you remember what year it was? It's just that I used to go to Reading a lot and may well have snogged him too glared evilly at a happy couple making out.

It would have been 2007 - but it was hardly the most passionate encounter, I think we shared a drunken snog and a fag by the reeking Portaloos and that was it. Them were the days.

And

Quote from: samadrielGo on, what was the band name?

The Kits. I've just Googled them and it doesn't look like they've been up to much since 2014 or so.

However I'm enjoying the amazing/terrible band names on their record label's website: https://www.dirtywaterrecords.co.uk/releases/

Black Ship

A wicker mounted, glass topped coffee table in excellent nick, a street away from where I live.

A 3/4 classic acoustic guitar, which I'm still trying to learn how to play (plus carry case).

A Kodak Super 8 with a set of lenses, in a black case. thought it was binoculars. Have no idea if it works or not.

Various office chairs.

A sense of purpose

I once found a faded vintage (late 70s?) LEGO man on the sidewalk.

kittens

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on February 05, 2019, 06:58:42 PM
You stole a lawnmower?

if i stole it it was stolen from a farmer and farmers can afford a new lawnmower

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: flotemysost on February 05, 2019, 10:03:24 PM
It would have been 2007 - but it was hardly the most passionate encounter, I think we shared a drunken snog and a fag by the reeking Portaloos and that was it. Them were the days.

Ah, I definitely wasn't there in 2007 as I broke my leg in January of that year and was bed bound for most of it, so you weren't one of the many people I've glared at for being happy over the years!

Ferris

Quote from: kittens on February 06, 2019, 08:07:19 AM
if i stole it it was stolen from a farmer and farmers can afford a new lawnmower

Good point, well made.