Author Topic: At Home With Amy Sedaris Season 2 Starts Feb 19th?  (Read 435 times)

NoSleep

• feat. Keith Jarrett and his singing parrot
    • Space Is The Place
At Home With Amy Sedaris Season 2 Starts Feb 19th?
« on: February 03, 2019, 03:40:51 PM »
All I can find is old announcements about the show's renewal and the premiere date. Nothing on Tru TV's website either (am I missing something?) But there's no trace of Jon Glaser Loves Gear S2 (currently running) on there, either, so that may be irrelevant.

NoSleep

• Space Is The Place
Re: At Home With Amy Sedaris Season 2 Starts Feb 19th?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 04:07:37 PM »
I've found a trailer (not on the TruTV site) at least:

https://youtu.be/Iqsmv71oErs

Ant Farm Keyboard

• 60 percent of the time, it works every time
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 05:19:31 PM »
The version of the website you're browsing in the international one. It's designed for prospective buyers of their current programs, which is why they don't feature the stuff for which they see no commercial potential at export. For the common website, you may need to use a VPN to pose as someone located in the US.

Try instead social media. There are official FB and Instagram accounts for the show that will keep you updated. At least, they'll let you know every Friday night that Ronnie Vinno is gonna get drunk, is gonna get laid and she's gonna be late on Mondee.

Small Man Big Horse

• Writers wanted for comedy website, pls click below
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 05:29:18 PM »
I've noticed how poor the trutv site is in the past, and hope it's not a sign that the channel's in any way in trouble. And I can't wait to see the next series of this, Amy Sedaris is fantastic in 99% of things and this was a great vehicle for her.

NoSleep

• Space Is The Place
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 05:44:26 PM »
The version of the website you're browsing in the international one. It's designed for prospective buyers of their current programs, which is why they don't feature the stuff for which they see no commercial potential at export. For the common website, you may need to use a VPN to pose as someone located in the US.

Try instead social media. There are official FB and Instagram accounts for the show that will keep you updated. At least, they'll let you know every Friday night that Ronnie Vinno is gonna get drunk, is gonna get laid and she's gonna be late on Mondee.

Oh yeah, now I can see it's not the local tv website. If I use a search engine, the results show me the US site but clicking on any of the links still sends me to the international site (even using the VPN in Opera, set to "Americas"). No problem, I know that it's up and coming (and that it will be probably be more difficult to acquire than Jon Glaser Loves Gear).

NoSleep

• Space Is The Place
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2019, 05:50:34 PM »
I've noticed how poor the trutv site is in the past, and hope it's not a sign that the channel's in any way in trouble. And I can't wait to see the next series of this, Amy Sedaris is fantastic in 99% of things and this was a great vehicle for her.

As AFK said, that website isn't the active one for viewers in the US. Can't see it going under as it's part of Ted Turner's empire. The comedy is a new sideline for the network as it generally shows real shows of the same nature as JGLG and AHWAS (hence their placement here, rather than AS or elsewhere).

Small Man Big Horse

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2019, 06:33:16 PM »
As AFK said, that website isn't the active one for viewers in the US. Can't see it going under as it's part of Ted Turner's empire. The comedy is a new sideline for the network as it generally shows real shows of the same nature as JGLG and AHWAS (hence their placement here, rather than AS or elsewhere).

Ah yeah, I didn't see AFK's post originally but that does make sense, and I didn't Turner owned the channel but that's good to know too.

NoSleep

• Space Is The Place
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2019, 02:35:35 PM »
Where is it?

Ant Farm Keyboard

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2019, 04:11:52 PM »
It's a fringe show that airs on TruTV, and people may have not noticed it had premiered. So, it can take a few days before it's uploaded somewhere.

Small Man Big Horse

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2019, 06:27:27 PM »
I remember this being a right arse to get hold of last time around, and even Myspleen didn't have it, but if it doesn't turn up anywhere I'll put in a request in a couple of days time.

Ant Farm Keyboard

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2019, 08:37:51 PM »
The first season's finale was released with a severely flawed encoding that has never been fixed.

Ant Farm Keyboard

« Reply #11 on: Yesterday at 06:10:49 PM »
The season 2 premiere has just arrived.

Small Man Big Horse

« Reply #12 on: Yesterday at 06:19:48 PM »
Thanks for the heads up, just obtaining it now.

NoSleep

• Space Is The Place
« Reply #13 on: Yesterday at 06:20:45 PM »
I'm right behind you.

BeardFaceMan

• Safely ensconced on top of the bathroom cabinet
    • mixes'n'mashes
« Reply #14 on: Yesterday at 06:28:04 PM »
Are PFFR involved this time around?

Ant Farm Keyboard

« Reply #15 on: Yesterday at 06:42:35 PM »
Are PFFR involved this time around?

Nope. They're not listed in the credits. There's a new production company involved this time, A24 Television. It's the TV branch of A24 (Spring Breakers, Room, Moonlight, First Reformed, Hereditary, The Florida Project) and they have been involved in Playing House, The Carmichael Show, and Comrade Detective.

I don't think it will affect the show much. At Home with Amy Sedaris had its particular brand of lunacy that didn't need much input from the PFFR people. And Heather Lawless is still in the cast.

Ant Farm Keyboard

« Reply #16 on: Today at 04:58:14 PM »
The premiere episode was as beautiful as ever, with some new guests and characters that may come back. Chassie's speech about her years in high school was a particular standout. The educational film segment may have gone on a little too long, but there are a few great cameos (and haircuts) inside it, and the description of the stage play that comes before was another highlight..