Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,184
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:22:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

At Home With Amy Sedaris Season 2 Starts Feb 19th?

Started by NoSleep, February 03, 2019, 03:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoSleep

All I can find is old announcements about the show's renewal and the premiere date. Nothing on Tru TV's website either (am I missing something?) But there's no trace of Jon Glaser Loves Gear S2 (currently running) on there, either, so that may be irrelevant.

NoSleep

Ant Farm Keyboard

The version of the website you're browsing in the international one. It's designed for prospective buyers of their current programs, which is why they don't feature the stuff for which they see no commercial potential at export. For the common website, you may need to use a VPN to pose as someone located in the US.

Try instead social media. There are official FB and Instagram accounts for the show that will keep you updated. At least, they'll let you know every Friday night that Ronnie Vinno is gonna get drunk, is gonna get laid and she's gonna be late on Mondee.

Small Man Big Horse

I've noticed how poor the trutv site is in the past, and hope it's not a sign that the channel's in any way in trouble. And I can't wait to see the next series of this, Amy Sedaris is fantastic in 99% of things and this was a great vehicle for her.

NoSleep

Quote from: Ant Farm Keyboard on February 03, 2019, 05:19:31 PM
The version of the website you're browsing in the international one. It's designed for prospective buyers of their current programs, which is why they don't feature the stuff for which they see no commercial potential at export. For the common website, you may need to use a VPN to pose as someone located in the US.

Try instead social media. There are official FB and Instagram accounts for the show that will keep you updated. At least, they'll let you know every Friday night that Ronnie Vinno is gonna get drunk, is gonna get laid and she's gonna be late on Mondee.

Oh yeah, now I can see it's not the local tv website. If I use a search engine, the results show me the US site but clicking on any of the links still sends me to the international site (even using the VPN in Opera, set to "Americas"). No problem, I know that it's up and coming (and that it will be probably be more difficult to acquire than Jon Glaser Loves Gear).

NoSleep

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on February 03, 2019, 05:29:18 PM
I've noticed how poor the trutv site is in the past, and hope it's not a sign that the channel's in any way in trouble. And I can't wait to see the next series of this, Amy Sedaris is fantastic in 99% of things and this was a great vehicle for her.

As AFK said, that website isn't the active one for viewers in the US. Can't see it going under as it's part of Ted Turner's empire. The comedy is a new sideline for the network as it generally shows real shows of the same nature as JGLG and AHWAS (hence their placement here, rather than AS or elsewhere).

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: NoSleep on February 03, 2019, 05:50:34 PM
As AFK said, that website isn't the active one for viewers in the US. Can't see it going under as it's part of Ted Turner's empire. The comedy is a new sideline for the network as it generally shows real shows of the same nature as JGLG and AHWAS (hence their placement here, rather than AS or elsewhere).

Ah yeah, I didn't see AFK's post originally but that does make sense, and I didn't Turner owned the channel but that's good to know too.

NoSleep

Ant Farm Keyboard

It's a fringe show that airs on TruTV, and people may have not noticed it had premiered. So, it can take a few days before it's uploaded somewhere.

Small Man Big Horse

I remember this being a right arse to get hold of last time around, and even Myspleen didn't have it, but if it doesn't turn up anywhere I'll put in a request in a couple of days time.

Ant Farm Keyboard

The first season's finale was released with a severely flawed encoding that has never been fixed.

Ant Farm Keyboard

Small Man Big Horse

NoSleep

BeardFaceMan

Ant Farm Keyboard

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on February 21, 2019, 06:28:04 PM
Are PFFR involved this time around?

Nope. They're not listed in the credits. There's a new production company involved this time, A24 Television. It's the TV branch of A24 (Spring Breakers, Room, Moonlight, First Reformed, Hereditary, The Florida Project) and they have been involved in Playing House, The Carmichael Show, and Comrade Detective.

I don't think it will affect the show much. At Home with Amy Sedaris had its particular brand of lunacy that didn't need much input from the PFFR people. And Heather Lawless is still in the cast.

Ant Farm Keyboard

The premiere episode was as beautiful as ever, with some new guests and characters that may come back. Chassie's speech about her years in high school was a particular standout. The educational film segment may have gone on a little too long, but there are a few great cameos (and haircuts) inside it, and the description of the stage play that comes before was another highlight..

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Ant Farm Keyboard on February 22, 2019, 04:58:14 PM
The premiere episode was as beautiful as ever, with some new guests and characters that may come back. Chassie's speech about her years in high school was a particular standout. The educational film segment may have gone on a little too long, but there are a few great cameos (and haircuts) inside it, and the description of the stage play that comes before was another highlight..

I loved it a great deal no matter what you say elsewhere! Indeed I think it might have been my favourite episode yet, even an appearance by mass murderer Matthew Broderick was funny, and I didn't have a problem with the film segment as it was so daft.

Small Man Big Horse

I really enjoyed the second episode too, right now it's even better than the first season and both James Urbiank and Jessica Walter provided fantastic cameos this week, while the whole hat thing was pleasingly absurd.

remedial_gash

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on February 27, 2019, 02:35:45 PM
I really enjoyed the second episode too, right now it's even better than the first season and both James Urbiank and Jessica Walter provided fantastic cameos this week, while the whole hat thing was pleasingly absurd.

Erm, loved the first series just downloading ep1 at a snail's pace, where are you getting ep 2? (pm obv). soz.

NoSleep

Small Man Big Horse

Yeah I sent RG a link to RarBg, though it also pops up on https://rlsbb.unblocked.pet, often in a smaller file size too if that's your bag.

Ant Farm Keyboard

Just a reminder that there is a lot of Rose Byrne in the latest one. And you can see Miriam Tolan's face for longer than on Jon Glaser Loves Gear.

NoSleep

Well, I didn't see a The Ghost And Mrs Muir (the TV series rather than the film, maybe) homage coming.

Ant Farm Keyboard

If they could see her now, this short and spunky doll
She's mixing and she's measuring and making chow
Oh if her exes could see her now, they'd never believe it
And it's time to see her now

If they could see her thing, she spends time stapling
She's cutting and she's gluing and she's scrapbooking
Her sauce is thickening-- you'll never believe it
If her fans could see her now

She has a stew stewing, she'll mix in anything
She's whisking and she's sifting and she's drizzling
She's just made a roux-- the oven's self-cleaning
It is time... to... start... the... show...

And we got a third audience reaction shot!

Ant Farm Keyboard

A few interesting guests this week, including Thomas Lennon and Billy Crudup. The episode turned out to be a little too close in tone to the one guest starring Rose Byrne, but there were still some interesting developments with Patty's husband.

Ant Farm Keyboard

Now that it's over, I think that the second half of the season wasn't totally up to the previous standards of the show. The Anniversary special was the last great episode, even if Thanksgiving had its moments. The one with Richard Kind dressed up as a sugar-promoting bear was for instance quite disappointing in spite of the cast (it was for instance predictable), and the new character that Amy played in a segment there (giving tips while her kids are crying offscreen) felt unbaked.
They also relied a little too much on film or TV parodies to carry episodes. We had The Ghost and Mrs. Muir, but also Key Largo, All About Eve, and a glimpse of a Birds/Night of the Living Dead mixture.

NoSleep

It seemed to get beached after a while. I still haven't watched the last two as I need a longer break between them than one week, because of the repetition (characters, segments).

I've found some clips on YouTube of Amy promoting a book of crafting and one about her flat (which I can't work out whether it's real or made up), that the TV series must have emerged from. The brevity of the clips makes for an amusing format and I wonder if "At Home" might have benefitted from an AS-style 10 minute episode format.

Looking at the ratings for season 2, I can guess that this may not return for a third season.

In the meantime, I've only just discovered Bojack Horseman, so I'm still on the Amy Sedaris tip.