Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:42:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Inserting a Bit of Someone Else's Song in a Live Version of Your Own

Started by DrGreggles, February 03, 2019, 08:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

There's old bootleg recording my best friend sent me of The Unicorns playing "The Clap" and at the bit where it's meant to go all punky at the end, they halt the song and play the chorus of 50 Cent's "P.I.M.P." before launching back into it.

love starting new pages with posts basically no one will ever give a fuck about

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 04, 2019, 10:48:53 PM
Live and recorded: Orange Juice - Rip it Up - Buzzcocks Boredom.

they've said it was an actual tribute to the buzzcocks, that solo, haven't they? also the first time most of the record-buying public had been exposed to the cheesy bass stylings of the 303.
awful shitty little things. I used to use mine to drive a moog, ignoring its own noise.

my own guitarist thinks it's funny to play 'twinkle twinkle little star' or 'frere jacques' in the middle of what we're doing, & sometimes does it in the wrong key, on purpose.
eee, we have a laugh.

alan nagsworth

don't wanna derail too much but Boredom is one of the finest punk songs ever. absolutely fuck all effort to be a part of anything. it pokes its nose in the door just as the party's getting started, farts out a sneery imitation of its peers, manages to deride the entire room seemingly to the amusement of no one but itself and then buggers off home completely self-satisfied and it's absolutely brilliant

it's like Cartman doing that childish "myeh myeh myeh" impersonation of someone who's just said something seemingly far more informed. the most engaging and entertaining thing is the kid that immediately sees an opportunity to make fun and to deconstruct their surroundings, especially where punk in concerned. the guitar solo in Boredom is literally an alarm siren with a hastily scribbled sign that says "THIS IS STUPID"

what's especially ace is that it remains one of the most rip-roaring and relevant punk songs ever and even by writing posts like this i feel like i'm giving it way more attention than it thinks it deserves, existing as it does as a wet fart in the middle of a school assembly. but that's okay, it's been nearly 43 years since it came out and its complete lack of a message is something that should be remembered forever

da-dum da-dum!

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: alan nagsworth on February 05, 2019, 11:42:53 PM
don't wanna derail too much but Boredom is one of the finest punk songs ever. absolutely fuck all effort to be a part of anything. it pokes its nose in the door just as the party's getting started, farts out a sneery imitation of its peers, manages to deride the entire room seemingly to the amusement of no one but itself and then buggers off home completely self-satisfied and it's absolutely brilliant

it's like Cartman doing that childish "myeh myeh myeh" impersonation of someone who's just said something seemingly far more informed. the most engaging and entertaining thing is the kid that immediately sees an opportunity to make fun and to deconstruct their surroundings, especially where punk in concerned. the guitar solo in Boredom is literally an alarm siren with a hastily scribbled sign that says "THIS IS STUPID"

what's especially ace is that it remains one of the most rip-roaring and relevant punk songs ever and even by writing posts like this i feel like i'm giving it way more attention than it thinks it deserves, existing as it does as a wet fart in the middle of a school assembly. but that's okay, it's been nearly 43 years since it came out and its complete lack of a message is something that should be remembered forever

da-dum da-dum!

b'dum.

yes, all of that.

Replies From View

samadriel

popcorn

Smilin' Thommy Yorke of Radiohead has a tradition of singing bits of other people's songs during the intro to live performances of Everything In Its Right Place.

I have discovered this handy list, with links. Wow! Internet!

If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next. :O

mojo filters

John Squire sometimes slipped in the main riff from Day Tripper, during elongated live versions of Fools Gold.