Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:18:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

History documentaries narrated by famous actors.

Started by bgmnts, February 04, 2019, 10:00:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Liam Neeson - Greeks: Crucible of Cvilisation

Sigourney Weaver - Empires: The Roman Empire in the First Century.

James Woods - The Roman Empire

Sean Bean - Roman Empire

Anyone have any more?

EOLAN

Laurence Olivier - The World At War

Is Robert Powell a famous actor. Well I first knew him from the detectives. In that case: Robert Powell - half of all British crime and war documentaries/

Attila

Kinda documentary -- back around the same time Derek Jacobi, Brian Blessed, Sian Phillips, and John Hurt were all making I, Claudius, they lent their voices to the animated segments of David Macaulay's Pyramid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnHcG9oE9Ec

(and I note with some pleasure that this little programme was put together by WHYY, the local PBS station where I grew up).

Chriddof

Quote from: EOLAN on February 04, 2019, 10:08:52 AM
Is Robert Powell a famous actor. Well I first knew him from the detectives. In that case: Robert Powell - half of all British crime and war documentaries/

He played Jesus in Jesus Of Nazareth in 1977, was the breakthrough character in the early 70s sci-fi series Doomwatch, and was the lead in a remake of The 39 Steps amongst other things.

finnquark

Kenneth Griffith both narrated and acted various roles in this curio, a 1984 documentary on Emily Hobhouse - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeaA9gulV7U

studpuppet

Yer man Branagh did Cold War.

Sam West has done lots of narration, best known for these:

The Nazis: A Warning from History
War of the Century: When Hitler Fought Stalin
Horror in the East
Auschwitz: The Nazis and 'The Final Solution'
World War II Behind Closed Doors: Stalin, the Nazis and the West