Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:40:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Apex Legends - F2P Battle Royale game by Titanfall developers [split topic]

Started by Operty1, February 04, 2019, 12:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

I mean, not necessarily tbh. If you don't wanna take lead, just don't, you'll usually get someone who will take over with pings and stuff.

If I'm playing Pathfinder, I think my main thing is just to try and flank enemies and come at them from unexpected angles, or get my squad to high ground/safety using ziplines.

bgmnts

Ah I always saw people using the grapple hooks to create ziplines to get to another section of the map quickly. I haven't seen anyone use it tactically like that yet.

Barry Admin

"Live.Die.Live" is now up, let's gooooo..

Love BR mode with respawns at the next ring, let's gooooo...

[I've started saying that now like a parody of a TTV wraith player. It's catchy!]

Barry Admin

I think they've fucked it. No change to ring closing rate, so you're sat there for fucking ages if you go down in the first one.

Their testers/Q and A people need fired to fuck.

Barry Admin

Got the dub out of the way, and took kill leader with the final kill, nice!

It was really tense and sweaty af. My teammates charged a busy building and I stayed back and was gonna fuck off and stay alive, ended up coming back and getting a few kills and reviving my teammates, then went down but thankfully they got me up again. There was apparently five or six less squads after the whole mayhem ceased :-) just no time to use shields or heals, having to battle on a cunthair of health the whole time, it was glorious.

I was desperate to get the dub as they really fucked this mode and made it boring as shit. Thankfully the Wattson dug her headset out and was really good, so together we worked out our strategies for the final two rings.

Then we ziplined down and cleaned house - while the Octane went down again, and generally fucked about like a lot of Octanes do - I yelled so loudly poor Jelly woke up :-D

Oh man, I really wanted that dub! Wins in Apex are still super exciting for me most of the time, although thankfully I'm a lot better at staying calm now when it comes to that final faceoff.

I love this game so much!

bgmnts

Fuck just wanna finish this Witcher 3 dlc so I can see this  ew shit mode. Lol

bgmnts

Barry Admin

How did it go? Platinum lobbies were boring and campy last night.

Have you checked the badges for characters to see the challenges you can do, eg get 2000 damage in a match to unlock the blue hammer badge? Don't usually work in LTM's because eg the squad wipe badge would be a lot easier to get in solos or duos.

They also don't pop up after a match anymore, so you have to just go and check them yourself, but they're a fun part of Apex progression.

bgmnts

Didnt manage it as only 4 people were queued up at that time (sick as fuck so up at all hours). Going to try again in a minute. Slightly terrified!

I never really looked at challenges and all that but I do a little bit thats why I am trying to play with all the characters to do damage and complete ganes eith all them.

Barry Admin

Thought so. If I'm up that late I play ranked matches on the New York server. Ping is higher but very quick to find a game, even in ranked, which can take longer.

Good luck btw, get em rekt.

bgmnts

First match died in first 10 seconds before i coupd get a weapon. Yes!

Barry Admin

Lol keep going, you're not losing any placement points, it doesn't matter.

bgmnts

Yeah second one didnt go better but fuck it these are people much better with faster reactions and better decision making.
All the challenges on my lobby are for the new game mode, is that the one you say they fucked up?

Barry Admin

Yeah it's a pretty boring implementation. The other non-event challenges are still there, in the main section linked underneath them.

And don't get disheartened, I'm at 2860 games played now, and am still learning and getting better.

Oh you might wanna try putting your FOV up a bit so you can see more of what's going on, I like it at 90, and it also makes movement feel quicker.

bgmnts

Yeah wont bother with that temporary mode, it doesnt sound great.

Alright i'll have a loom cheers! Getting berter alreay.

Barry Admin

Worth trying it to knock out the challenges, so you can get some free gear. Even just one match gets you 400 points.

bgmnts

Do you actually get gear that improves your weapons/speed/armour etc or is it all just skins?

But yeah i'm just ploughing through ranks at tge moment. I'll have a look at challenges when I get to the level of competency I need.

Barry Admin

All just cosmetics, but they do make very nice cosmetics.

A part of me dies inside every time I see another Caustic with the Halloween clown skin, but £16 a go? Nah mate. Hopefully I can figure out a way to get that nice new Twitch Prime one.

bgmnts

So I dive into save my cunt teammate and kill two before getting downed. By the time I got downed the guy I rescued and the other bloke already legged it far away, so led there bleeding out for ages. So thought fuck that, when I died I quite the game becauee they're never gonna pick me up and respawn me. As soon as I get back I get an early quitting penalty or something.

Fuck that. Fuck that shit.

Barry Admin

Oops! I should have warned you about that. It's actually great, and will hopefully come to causal play.

To avoid a punishment - they get progressively longer - you just need to wait until they can't respawn you anymore. Or if they're rwal bastards and pick up your tag but never intend to res your (v rare) you can quit after I think two or three minutes of them carrying your beacon around. Just be careful not to quit to quick as you'll miss the warning about it.

Barry Admin

3rd person mode is sooooo weird! Getting used to it now though, got a couple of dubs out of the way. It's actually pretty fun and does give Apex a different feel. Played a few more Live.Die.Live games as well, and ran through a bunch of wins with a couple of really nice blokes.

Third person still let's you go into first person with a sniper scope or a digital threat, so an R99 with a digi - if you're lucky enough to find one, does the job great, just like it usually does anyway.

I'm hipfiring the G7 more.and more, they're definitely gonna need it's fire rate at the very least, gun is a freaking beast.

Barry Admin

Fucking crying laughing at Mirage's 3rd person ADS swagger. People are dubbing "The Hustle" over it and are all like "swiggity swooty I'm coming for that looty." This mode is really great fun.

Barry Admin

Seriously, try ADSing with Mirage or Watson in 3rd person while holding a gun like the R-99 which increases ADS speed. It's fucking hilarious.

I really hope Always Be Closing is as fun as it sounds, that starts at 6 tonight.

Barry Admin

First game of Always Be Closing - LOVE IT! Very promising.

I always get distracted and spend too much time looting, this mode is just intense and, no dicking about. Got to the final five with 11 bullets left in my R-99 and hardly any Flatline ammo. Hectic scrapping and no time to even loot your victims, seems brilliant!

Barry Admin

Didn't have as much time to play Always Be Closing as I'd have liked, but my last game was absolutely manic and I thought my heart would burst. Final two circles again with 7 or 8 squads, at Train Yard which is a cluster fuck of a place anyway. Clutch double rez when my two great teammates went down, then they went down again and I had to run like fuck to get into the last circle. Just crazy intense and exciting, bloody amazing.

Armed and Dangerous is a lot slower and campier, but good for a change of pace, and always good to practice snipers and shorties.

Tomorrow night we go home, King's Canyon... At night, just like the Halloween event. <3

Barry Admin

Clutched up like a boss. Me and another squadmate got killed and resurrected late on at Epicenter. Those two go down, it's a cluster fuck, we're under immediate presssure. I use my gas traps to get inside and buy a sliver of space and time, then I grab a G7 and white body shield, and go for their banners. Wreck an Octane who crosses my path, I'm on a silver of health, but don't even stop to loot him for meds, I just finish him so he doesn't come back later, and hot foot it to the last remaining respawn beacon. I'm running from a  war, expecting one single shot to drop me. Pass a supply drop on the way, pray for purple shield, denied, but I picked up a Mastiff, hallelujah. Dump my devotion and take the legendary shotgun, and run a bit farther to the beacon.

Get the two of them up, circle is closing, there's about 3 or 4 squads heading to our location. We had three bins to loot, I managed to heal up, but we're really super low on everything. I dump my G7 so Octane has a gun, then scatter what little else I've managed to scavenge along the way for them to pick through. Now I have a Mastiff and my traps and my Ult and nothing else.

We fight like trapped animals. It comes down to the last squad, and oh shit, it's a fucking Pathfinder who has grappled to high ground on the rocks nearby. We're fucked, I think. I launch my Ult at him, it lands, he has to vacate high ground to get away from my gas clouds. I circle round and get the winning kill with the Mastiff, I scream, Jelly wakes up lol. Clutched it, clutched the fuck out of it. Those last minute double ressurections man, wow, amazing when they come off. I had nearly throw my Ult down at the beacon to provide cover while I brought them back, but not doing so was the right decision in the end, it was crucial to countering that Pathy.

Anyway, less than 6 hours till WE GO HOME.

madhair60

You have this on Xbone, Barry? Does it require Gold? I assume yes.

Barry Admin

Yep, Xbox and it would definitely require gold as it's online only - although there's nice firing range stuff they've added for practicing, and the moving bots easter egg really helps too. This game makes me practice so much, I feel like I'm getting better at shooters overall just because I want to do well in Apex.

bgmnts

Quote from: madhair60 on January 24, 2020, 12:48:48 PM
You have this on Xbone, Barry? Does it require Gold? I assume yes.

They've made Gold worth it now by combining it with the Game Pass.