Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,343
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:43:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Gaming Pub

Started by The Boston Crab, February 04, 2019, 10:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: gib on February 05, 2019, 11:06:25 PM
yes i heard a bunch of cool kids were concluding on one of the live apps that the yeast acts as more of a catalyst in the brewing process as opposed to being altered
All the live yeast cells fermenting a batch of beer are going to end up in one of three states, by the time fermentation is "done":

Dead: Lying on the bottom of the vessel.
    "Flocculated": Dormant, but clumped together into a big enough blob that that they fall to the bottom of the vessel.
    In Suspension: Floating freely in the wort, still ready to eat any sugars they run into.

Older strains of yeast tend to remain in suspension, which is why some older traditional styles, like hefeweizen, assume that there are still so many yeast floating around that they make the beer cloudy.

Most of the yeast strains that are commonly used today, though, have been cultivated to be "high-flocculating", which means they do their thing as long there's a lot of sugar readily available, but once their food starts to run out, they clump together and fall to the bottom in a dormant state to form the "yeast cake".

Sounds pretty altered to me,  but I'm sure that some anonymous children are a more reliable source that SOME WEBSITE I JUST COPY PASTED FROM!

(PUNCHES AIR)

gib

i'll clump you together into a big enough blob that that you fall to the bottom in a minute.

petril

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on February 05, 2019, 11:01:48 PM
No because I went there to nite and everyone was calling it

ALTERED YEAST

two can play at this game

yeah but your uncle got you a nuclear hand grenade for your birthday, you said

Ferris

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on February 05, 2019, 10:54:39 PM
Can't believe people are still thinking of pub names after I nailed it on with

Altered Yeast

I mean

ALTERED YEAST

Come on!

I didn't get the pun so I didn't reply.

You'll never beat "PubG" anyway.

Why oh why would anyone put chewing gum on the back of an Atari Lynx?!  Lazy dirty gets.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: petrilTanaka on February 06, 2019, 12:09:46 AM
yeah but your uncle got you a nuclear hand grenade for your birthday, you said

Turns out 'nuclear hand grenade' is a euphemism  :(

Guess how much we spent on hand sanitiser and those fucking wet wipes to clean the nerds bacon fry crumbs and paw sweat off the consoles and cabs.

Put it this way, I thought one packet of wet wipes would do us the week. I already bought twenty packets from Tesco Express on my way in this morning.

Is it reasonable to ask the customers to wear gloves?

You can all stop thinking of better pub names now, nailed it.

Further more it is practically a googlewhack therefore a genuinely original thought.

PlanktonSideburns

Go to a cash and carry or a wholesalers you fucking maniac.

You got the Altered Yeast sign up yet?

Urinal Cake

Quote from: The Boston Crab on February 06, 2019, 07:48:32 AM
How soon till you start swimming in hand sanitizer?

thenoise

Quote from: Blinder Data on February 05, 2019, 11:51:50 AM
cult film nights

Choose themes that seem sophisticated and edifying but in reality are crushingly boring, people will come along to feel clever and/or show off to their girlfriends but end up just getting pissed.

An Andy Warhol marathon would be perfect.  You could spice things up/court controversy by promising that film of a guy getting a blowie, not mentioning that it's actually just a 35 minute shot of a young man's bored looking face.

For that retro experience, screen all films on VHS on your 40 CRT televisions.

Blue Jam

How about turning this whole thing into a sitcom? Or at least a fly-on-the-wall documentary?

Beagle 2

It's quite niche but I would personally really enjoy a sitcom plot based around the erroneous purchase of twelve Dreamcasts.

I don't want people making light of my entire life, if I'm honest. We already had to shut down the Final Fantasy 7 stream because of some pretty bad trolling in the chat. The CRTs were coming in for loads of stick because some of them don't really work that well and one guy (must be from here) just kept spamming 'GRAVE' when the guy streaming was asking for suggestions to rename Aerith. It's not only inappropriate, it's also a bit of a spoiler which really sticks in my craw.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

We need pics of your gaming pub.

Twed

Quote from: The Boston Crab on February 06, 2019, 10:22:57 AM
I don't want people making light of my entire life, if I'm honest. We already had to shut down the Final Fantasy 7 stream because of some pretty bad trolling in the chat. The CRTs were coming in for loads of stick because some of them don't really work that well and one guy (must be from here) just kept spamming 'GRAVE' when the guy streaming was asking for suggestions to rename Aerith. It's not only inappropriate, it's also a bit of a spoiler which really sticks in my craw.
https://youtu.be/fAjD8c6cFc8?t=204

Cuntbeaks

Quote from: The Boston Crab on February 06, 2019, 07:48:32 AM
Guess how much we spent on hand sanitiser and those fucking wet wipes to clean the nerds bacon fry crumbs and paw sweat off the consoles and cabs.

Put it this way, I thought one packet of wet wipes would do us the week. I already bought twenty packets from Tesco Express on my way in this morning.

These Incels sound like a sweaty bunch of shit-sniffers. I would be happy to come down and slap the cunts happy if you think that would help.

Pdine

Surely you have to call it Fuck Shed?

Cuellar

Double down on the incels. Make it an incel themed bar. Put some swords on the wall, get a bald man with a goatee to only dispense cut glass tumblers of whisky and berate the customers. It's basically a humiliation fetish.

These incels have literally nothing else to spend their money on.

Flouncer

Quote from: Cuellar on February 06, 2019, 04:51:24 PM
Double down on the incels. Make it an incel themed bar. Put some swords on the wall, get a bald man with a goatee to only dispense cut glass tumblers of whisky and berate the customers. It's basically a humiliation fetish.

These incels have literally nothing else to spend their money on.

This is a great idea. Also change the signs on the bog doors to Chads and Stacys, and remove the johnny dispensers.

ToneLa

Make sure to have a sign outside that's "funny"!

Did like this one tbf

TrenterPercenter

Has anyone ordered the Castlemania XXXX yet?

Castlevania XXXX more like!!

The answer is no.

FIFA tournie on tonight to cash in on the big football match. It's gone really well. These football guys drink a lot and they don't care about drinking out the can like theyre in fuckin Hi-Lo's Jamaican bar in Oxford. Got the Kroney selling well and Hop House 13 for those pretending to be into craft beer and that. Entry level piss basically but they're lapping it up. The salted snacks are going down like the nobody's fuckin business as well. I ordered some boquerones from Waitrose and they're so salty and pickled to fuck that they probably sell three more pints per tin of boquerones I open. About eleven pound a tin but that's still making nearly a pound profit with the pints, minus the cost of the pints.

Top games tonight for the spreadsheet:

FIFA 19 (obviously!)

FIFA 18 (in the retro lounge! These thick cunts think even a year old is retro)

Catherine - PS3 (psychosexual abstract puzzle dating sim is going down great now the cunts are all wrecked and wanting to see some tits)

SNK Heroines (can't really justify some of the designs but Mai Shiranui's hucow costume with a red clown nose and monocle probably got a few of these pig headed morons interested in the FGC...let's just say there will be some helmets being absolutely roasted in the bogs as we speak).

The Witness (one guy was punching the monitor because he didn't understand the latent ruleset of a maze puzzle and then he kicked the console clean off the bar when he heard one of Jonathan Blow's audio logs, fair play).

Polybius VR (had to call an ambo because a pisshead had an eppie).

We've made a shitload tonight though. Might turn it into a sports bar on this form but gaming is my true love so we'll see. It nights like that that make it all worth while for me 

Ferris

Delighted for you mate, bet you're made up! In fact, I bet everyone in the bar is made up!

Dex Sawash

Kryton

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 06, 2019, 09:10:42 AM
How about turning this whole thing into a sitcom? Or at least a fly-on-the-wall documentary?

Joking aside, you could genuinely document it and upload it at a later date to youtube for some free promotion when things get running and spread further inspiration - maybe this Brexit debacle will solve itself with virtual reality pub hubs so you can enjoy a couple of brandies and play some virtual dominos or whatever.

Seriously though document it.

Pdine

It's beginning to sound more like a Wank Pit.