Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:14:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Gaming Pub

Started by The Boston Crab, February 04, 2019, 10:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twed

kittens

look ferris i am sorry but i am not letting this go. jenga is not a game where you push things as far as you can. there is a small element of the game that involves pushing but for the analogy to work it needs to be about building a tower. i am deactivating my account after this post so please don't respond.

Ferris

Quote from: kittens on February 07, 2019, 09:46:58 PM
look ferris i am sorry but i am not letting this go... i am deactivating my account after this post so please don't respond.

I'll just claim you sent me multiple explicit jenga images and you won't be around to defend yourself.

Checkmate jenga.

TrenterPercenter

has anyone done GUInness yet?

TrenterPercenter

As an aside I just ordered a pint of Guinness at a local pint selling establishment.  I thought they had optic and therefore on draught.   Then the fella behind the bar got a can out of the fridge poured it into a glass and sat it on the faux optic to "ionise it".

when the fuck did this shit come in?! obviously cancelled tae fuck.

ToneLa

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on February 07, 2019, 10:12:31 PM
As an aside I just ordered a pint of Guinness at a local pint selling establishment.  I thought they had optic and therefore on draught.   Then the fella behind the bar got a can out of the fridge poured it into a glass and sat it on the faux optic to "ionise it".

when the fuck did this shit come in?! obviously cancelled tae fuck.

"I'm nae touchin that shite. Gie us a alkaline water instead"

Honest answer: don't want to know

Lost Oliver

What about Pub Quest?

CBA Crtrl+f-ing six pages to find out. If it hasn't then I've definitely suggested the best one. If it has then I apologise and will read any thread you care to mention from beginning to end tomorrow.

gmoney

Quote from: Mister Six on February 07, 2019, 05:43:25 PM
Tell you what would be a good name for the pub - Altered Yeast.

Ahhahaha! Yes! This is the best!

MISTER SIX! MISTER SIX!

Quote from: Bazooka on February 07, 2019, 05:46:28 PM
You didn't own 8-bit in Beijing did you?

Technically owned by my then-wife so we could pay only 6% income tax and zero corporation tax with some dodgy local accountant. If they knew there was a laowai on the books we would have been kept hostage by the coppers until the UK government denounced some shite Ai Wei Wei sculpture or something. Very hard to get authentic Nintendo shit back then but we had the genuine licensed iQue branded DS and GBA and stuff. Also, we had some amazing knock off retro boxes with every NES and Master System game running at about 8-12fps. I remember playing Alex Kidd and the frame rate made it look like a frigging Game and Watch. We basically threw our investment down the squat and in some ways that was the beginning of the end of our marriage. In other ways, it was when she started shagging her stepdad.

Rev+

And there we have it!  One last bow, then on to documenting an arcade in an underpass called Wino Crisis.

Tapper Night tonight!

I don't know how we managed to get hold of these original Tapper cabinets, one US Budweiser variant and the deep cut Suntory Japanese edition, but we somehow got our hands on them. (Remortgaged my flat)

Tonight is the first ever Tapper Night at the gaming pub (still no official name) so the cunt customers can finally understand what a ballache my job is now, serving piss to these arsehole booze hounds. The only thing is my life is actually worse than the put upon fella in Tapper because I also have to wipe dry roasted peanut dust and boquerones oil from between the A and B buttons with a wet wipe every five minutes.

Cuellar

Call the pub 'Altered Yeast'

NoSleep

madhair60

Pac Man themed beer called Power Pilsner.

madhair60

Stoutrun.

Horace Gose Skiing.

Cuellar

Tennents Super Mario Kart

PlanktonSideburns

Fetid Virgin Arested Development Centre

NoSleep

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on February 08, 2019, 11:54:16 AM
Fetid Virgin Arested Development Centre

Hello there, Mr Linehan.

Utter Shit

PlanktonSideburns

gmoney

The Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam vs. Gundam Arms

Dr Trouser

Way of the exploding pissed

Dex Sawash

Have we discussed Ethics of Gaming(pub) Journalism?

Get some micro breweries to supply you with artisan ales and serve up 1/3 pints in these

Call pub Steincraft.

Ferris

kittens

Twed

Hi everybody, I would like to remind you all that I replied with "Candida Crush" when challenged to name a yeast infection-themed game. I think you all must have glossed over this by mistake.

Blue Jam

Candida Thrush.

I win.

Twed

I said it was more of an après vie.