Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,474
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:38:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Gaming Pub

Started by The Boston Crab, February 04, 2019, 10:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beagle 2

I very much enjoy this thread.

Ferris

Quote from: The Boston Crab on February 05, 2019, 07:04:21 PM
Dreamcast. I've got Rez Infinite on the PS4 and PSVR but I'm saving it for VR night and Monkey Brain shots.

Also, we bought a dozen Dreamcasts and restored them so we've got to see some return on that investment. We're gonna have a shmups night with Gunbird 2, Twinkle Star Sprites and Mars Matrix. We need it to work or we're going out of business.

Oh right I won't bother then cheers

Blinder Data

I still reckon most of what you're saying about this pub is true, but you're pushing it with the dozen Dreamcasts

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on February 05, 2019, 07:29:20 PM
Oh right I won't bother then cheers

Always happy to set up the PS4 in the back room but to be honest it goes against retro week so I hope you understand. Really surprised and a bit disappointed because I thought you were the kind of guy to appreciate original hardware. No input lag like you get from emulation or modern tvs. You can't beat a CRT which is why we' got fourty.

Quote from: Blinder Data on February 05, 2019, 07:44:17 PM
I still reckon most of what you're saying about this pub is true, but you're pushing it with the dozen Dreamcasts

Honest, was a bulk buy from a retro arcade which shut down in Wigan. They're slightly yellow which I think is ciggies but the seller was insistent that the plastic just goes that colour. I never owned one before because it always seemed like a piece of shit machine and as I said I HATE retro gaming but it seems to get the wankers chattin

Ladies Night is going great. We hired a Dance Dance Revolution and set up some Wii Sports so we could get them involved but it seems these days young women actually like proper gaming. Couple of them have been giving some nerd multiplier tips on Mushihimesama Futari Black Label and the 'GAMER GIRL' just got a 2-ALL on Dodonpachi DaiOuJou. Got to be honest it's been an eye opener and if we do Ladies Night again, it won't be so sexist basically. You live and learn. That said, the other half a dozen are just playing Nintendogs and Stardew Valley so maybe I dunno. You never know whats for the best these days.

Flouncer

Have there been any rape threats so far Bosto? If not I think you can chalk it up as a win.

Gamers is a very different crowd offline to be honest. Very friendly and respectful and even overly so dare I say. The kind of guys who would write to their own nob with an RSVP before they'd have a wank.

Ferris

I'm only interested in whatever games you don't have, and actually physically repulsed by whatever you are willing to offer me, I'm afraid.

Can I sit and stare at my phone? That's sort of a game. Is that allowed?

Cuellar

Quote from: The Boston Crab on February 05, 2019, 07:15:58 PM
Sorry he's just streaming in the pub but we're saying it's on YT to build hype. Sorry mate

Fuck

Shoulders?-Stomach!

gib

madhair60

Bosto, is the pub actually real? Has any of this even happened?

pancreas

Quote from: madhair60 on February 05, 2019, 09:45:26 PM

mate.

BritishHobo

If you've got Rayman I will buy two pints, third pint pending. Have you got Rayman?

Twed

Rayman costs four-pints fifty, and so it wouldn't be a sound financial decision to add it to the inventory.

It's been our most successful night so far by a mile and nice to see that a good handful who came for the soft opening are back again tonight. Can I call them regulars? I mean, is 100% attendance regular enough for you? Hello-ohhh?!

Puyo Puyo Tetris tournament went down like a bag of shit because nobody even knows how to play Puyo Puyo except Consignia who won the tournie and the first ever platinum joypad which gets you 2 for 1 on any top shelf spirits. It's a tenner for a measure of George T Stagg bourbon so it's win win for us. We win twice.

I haven't banned anyone per se but I've verbally threatened a few nerds because we were setting up a Garou: Mark of the Wolves casual round robin and a nerd kept sniggering about the attractive female character B. Jenet because her name evokes a BJ. Also her first name is Bonne and he kept saying he wanted 'Bone Jenet' which I just didn't take kindly to. I can say that Terry Bogard won it and it entitles him to a free entry between Tuesday and Thursday to bolster custom.

Quote from: BritishHobo on February 05, 2019, 09:51:26 PM
If you've got Rayman I will buy two pints, third pint pending. Have you got Rayman?

Got the original one on the GBA yeah. I got Legends on the Switch if you head to the snug.

Sebastian Cobb

Should've gone for Philips 8833's or even better Sony p/bvm's over normal crt tellies. Those things make retro consoles (well anything upto and including the ps2) look fantastic.

Ferris

Quote from: madhair60 on February 05, 2019, 09:45:26 PM

Yeah, he definitely opened a gaming pub in a converted church and stuffed it full of dozens of smoke-damaged Dreamcasts. hard to say, really.

BritishHobo

Quote from: The Boston Crab on February 05, 2019, 09:58:12 PM
Got the original one on the GBA yeah. I got Legends on the Switch if you head to the snug.

I will buy four pints.

madhair60

There's no fucking pub. Is this a breakdown?

Edit: What's happening, here?

Thanks. Way to take the wind out of my sales on the first night we ever broke even. I think a big part was more table service and less just threatening language and posture when people weren't drinking fast enough or enough. I can see how people could make a go of this. It's great to combine your passion for drinking and gaming and it's a great way to just get out the house. I just fuckin hate the customers and cleaning up

Ferris

Bosto, mate - can we bring our own consoles and games? I have a gameboy colour emulator on my iPad that looks class hooked up to the telly. It's not 100% legit though, is that alright? I just want to play Pokémon fire red on the big screen.

Hadn't thought about that to be honest. Bring your own. Hmm. I'd say yes BUT only if you bring your own drinks.

Look thanks again for all the suggestions here it's been a mad busy time for two days and I'd best get back because we've still got a load of the cunts eating snacks and drinking us dry but I'll defo be in touch about the grand opening. Good night and thanks

Madhair sorry I didn't see your post sooner mate and sorry you doubt I could really do this after talking about it for years

Ferris

Quote from: The Boston Crab on February 05, 2019, 10:06:42 PM
Hadn't thought about that to be honest. Bring your own. Hmm. I'd say yes BUT only if you bring your own drinks.

That's fair, I'll bring enough hooch for everyone so none of the regular nerds feel left out.

Cheers. The more booze the merrier. Might get the tight cunts loose enough to put their hands in their pockets.

Microprose Soccer tournie tomorrow. Got a Jon Hare lookalike coming down to be the ref!! Haha. Good night

madhair60

CaB meet at Boston's definitely real pub.

youngest impromptu marathon running deputy head in east anglia to own a games pub with forty CRT TVs ever

PlanktonSideburns

Can't believe people are still thinking of pub names after I nailed it on with

Altered Yeast

I mean

ALTERED YEAST

Come on!

gib

did someone already say manic winer? (manic miner)

PlanktonSideburns

No because I went there to nite and everyone was calling it

ALTERED YEAST

two can play at this game

gib

yes i heard a bunch of cool kids were concluding on one of the live apps that the yeast acts as more of a catalyst in the brewing process as opposed to being altered