Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:41:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What's new with everyone?

Started by tookish, February 05, 2019, 09:26:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tookish

I've been away for a little while, dealing with my rancorous mental illness. Out of hospital, back on the meds, ready to punch today in the face.

Feeling a little behind the times, so...

What's new with you?

Shit Good Nose

Sorry tooks, but we've all been #cancelled, so you've got the place to yourself.

Glad to have you back and hear you're up for a fight, though.

bgmnts

I'm fatter and more depressed and some other stuff changed as well.

Buelligan

My day off today and luckily, I'm having a massive cold and fever thing, so I can stay warm in bed and not have to go walking about for fucking miles in the rain and wind.  Very glad indeed, dear tooks, to hear you are on the up, you are ever in my thoughts. 

In other news, I have a beautiful hyacinth in flower by my bed, candles burning and the fire is glowing.  Oh, and I'm afraid poor biggy's run completely brexit but we're keeping him warm and clean (when possible).

Lovely to have you back.  Spring soon!  :)

Cerys

pancreas

I have stupidly decided to put in an ERC grant proposal. About 30 pages of misery is required. It is due to be submitted by 4pm Thursday. That's all I can say, and I am unlikely to be here much for the next couple of days.

Ferris

Buelligan

Say about how cute it is though Ferris.  Exactly how cute and small is this baby?

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Buelligan on February 05, 2019, 10:33:32 AM
Say about how cute it is though Ferris.  Exactly how cute and small is this baby?

About as cute and small as any of the other millions of new born babies born throughout the history of babies being born, I would imagine.

Buelligan

As cute and small as this?  I somehow doubt it!

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Alright, Baby human beings, Miss Logic.

Icehaven

I am moving house in a few weeks and will no longer be sharing cooking and washing facilities with complete strangers, which is great. I will also have to manage my own utility bills for the first time in 3 years, which is rubbish. And welcome back.

Ferris

Quote from: Buelligan on February 05, 2019, 10:40:08 AM

Million times more than that.

Quote from: Buelligan on February 05, 2019, 10:40:08 AM

Shoot the little bastard.

wooders1978

I had a shambolic "dry January" - other than that not a lot

Cuellar

Buelligan

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on February 05, 2019, 11:32:55 AM
Million times more than that.

Bloody hell, I thought it (he?) might be.  That sounds like you've got yourself some of the purest pharmacological grade cute on Earth there then, Ferris.  You be careful with that now.

Ferris

Quote from: Buelligan on February 05, 2019, 11:42:12 AM
Bloody hell, I thought it (he?) might be.  That sounds like you've got yourself some of the purest pharmacological grade cute on Earth there then, Ferris.  You be careful with that now.

He farted with approval, so that's nice. Good comic timing, gets it from his old man.

Blumf

Quote from: tookish on February 05, 2019, 09:26:04 AM
ready to punch today in the face.

You should have been here when last week needed a good kick up the twunt.

Small Man Big Horse

So glad to hear you're out of hospital and feeling much better, that warms the cockles of my heart no end.

The only exciting news I have is that I spent two hours with a dog on Sunday. It truly was the best of times.

Bazooka

Just saw some pandas, a Chinese bloke through an open bottle water at one of them for some reason.

Buelligan

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on February 05, 2019, 12:34:47 PM
So glad to hear you're out of hospital and feeling much better, that warms the cockles of my heart no end.

The only exciting news I have is that I spent two hours with a dog on Sunday. It truly was the best of times.

What kind of dog was it?

Avril Lavigne

I found out today that Dominos have discontinued the Double Decadence base which was the only reason I would even buy one of their ludicrously overpriced pizzas once or twice a year.

Glebe

Hope you're feeling a little stronger now, Tooky. Meself, I'm just draggin' along with the New Year winter blues, but we'll get there in the end, onwards and upwards!

Pijlstaart

It is snowing here, very cold, and I went outside without gloves and a woman was pointing at me and she said "He wilding it. Oh damn". It was ego-boosting, shows how rough and tumble I am, but it was very cold, so in future will go out with gloves on hands. Tinned soup on special offer, and chunky tinned soup at that, so chili and curry and stuff which isn't strictly soup, marketed as discount soup, so I'm getting loads, really shameless stuff and the previously affable checkout staff no longer make eye contact, they know I am eating and hoarding too much tinned soup and I am not a well-rounded person.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Buelligan on February 05, 2019, 04:44:55 PM
What kind of dog was it?

A very excitable Staffordshire Bull Terrier who kept on trying to tongue kiss me. Fortunately for my relationship with Mrs SMBH I kept my hand over my mouth but he licked every other part of my face.

Buelligan

I know they're supposed to be a bit unpredictable but I absolutely adore them.  Very jealous.

I often imagine the perfect dog might be one crossed with a blue, wall-eyed, Welsh border collie, so you got something like an Australian Cattle dog with a wall-eye who can beat you at arm-wrestling and chess.

Emma Raducanu

I've been working out. Like properly, doing mad cow 5x5s and having casual protein shakes mixed with creatine and branch chain amino acids. Really been taking care of my macronutrients and spending too much time on bodybuilding.com.

rasta-spouse

My topspin service is coming along really well and, if you'll excuse the pun, it's a bit ace. Other than that I've been thinking of buying a football shirt, like a medium or large.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain