Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:42:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What's new with everyone?

Started by tookish, February 05, 2019, 09:26:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpiderChrist

Bought a new (refurb) laptop so I can use my DJ controller again, this makes me happy. Starting bereavement counselling tomorrow, this makes me sad and a bit nervous.

Small Man Big Horse

I now have a second job, I'm still teaching Chinese kids in the mornings but from Friday I'll be teaching French kids and adults. Hopefully it'll be fun, but if not at least I can always catch a ferry and shout at them in person.

Ferris

tookish

I don't currently have my phone for long enough during the day to give you all the responses you deserve.

But I have read every response and revelled in your joys and triumphs, commiserated in your woes, and so on.

Thank you for all the supportive comments about my hospitalisation. I have to admit that I am struggling, and if I was allowed out by myself I'd have killed myself by now. I wish I could give you all happier tidings but unfortunately there are few to be had. I'm taking comfort in the small moments of light that puncture the darkness. A friend of mine commissioned me to write a poem about my own strength and it provided a tiny fragment of hope. Not my best work by a long shot but here it is.

I am strength; strength in love. I stay soft
Defiant against slings,
and arrows, and twists of fate.

One day I will find myself again
And heart slung with twining flowers
Eyes full of tomorrow
I'll walk home, whistling.

Flouncer

That's beautiful and it's great that you've managed to grasp some promising thoughts in the midst of the maelstrom. I was pretty unwell myself towards the end of last year; I'm not well again by any means but I'm certainly doing a lot better and I'm thankful that I weathered the storm. Best of luck Tookish. xxx

Glebe

Quote from: tookish on February 17, 2019, 12:01:04 AMOne day I will find myself again
And heart slung with twining flowers
Eyes full of tomorrow
I'll walk home, whistling.

You will, Tookish.

Buelligan

Oh yes, of course you will dear fellow, I know it.  It's only a little time that's in the way, heheh. 

And Spring has come back to my valley.  Yesterday, I saw irises, almond blossom (pink and the white one which I think I almost prefer), mimosa little chicks waving in the blue.  And all the little birds singing to break themselves.

The orchestra has stopped tuning and is beginning to play, I feel something wonderful is almost here.  Hug you.  I love your poem, really do, it does understand what Hope is and a peaceful heart, not things to be sniffed at.  Not at all.

ToneLa

Went oot. Found a pub where the all female bar staff dance atop the bar. Didn't strip, like, just seemed a funny gimmick and various HR Sandras were brought atop the bar to boogie.

Tell you what, was easy getting served. Every other fella was just gawping. But any sleazy element was undercut by the hilarity of every time they danced it was to Rollin by the Limp Biscuits! It was pretty camp.

Not sure if I am a sexist monster today.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I've been inspired to write a poem about my own recent events, what I've also mentioned elsewhere on this very forum.

Top Muscovite minx
With smashing blonde hair
Instigated a right good snogging session with me
People probably think I'm an arsehole for mentioning this, but I really don't care.

Quite willing kissing
And she wasn't even that drunk
Well, alright , we were both massively pissed,
But it still counts, so you can fuck off.

That's not to appear flippant about your situation, Tookish, You're a highly valued poster on here, and I wish you a speedy journey to wellness.

Small Man Big Horse

That was a beautiful poem Tookish, you have to stick around so you can write many, many more of them. I know times must seem bleak right now but they will improve, and I hope you're home surrounded by loved ones soon.