Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:25:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shit labourers

Started by bgmnts, February 05, 2019, 12:23:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

At the flat I live in for the past year, we have had labourers doing the balconies up and something with the rooves, for whatever reason. The contractors fucked up, of course, a few times and of course it took just under a year .

They caused some damage to the ceiling and walls of our flat due to us being on the top floor and they left a leak during heavy rainfall.

So today a team of labourers has been in since 8am today to wallpaper and paint the walls of one bedroom.

Not even joking, they have painted ONE wall -one of the small ones- in four hours.

Is this normal? Or is this just lazy British labourers? Am I being racist in thinking I could probably get a Polish guy in to paint the entire place in half a day?

Seriously though, should I inform the landlord of the shit work they're doing, or is it just suck it up type business? These tradesmen have been fucking us around for so long.

PlanktonSideburns

Did they have to do any prep work on the wall? Maybe it needed sanding or whatever.

If they're doing it for  your landlord, they're probably Fucking him over

Piss in their tea, circle of life

bgmnts

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on February 05, 2019, 12:30:14 PM
Did they have to do any prep work on the wall? Maybe it needed sanding or whatever.

If they're doing it for  your landlord, they're probably Fucking him over

Piss in their tea, circle of life

Nope just paint. My landlord is genuinely lovely so it's harsh on her. The housing association that owns the block of flats subcontracted the work to the company that fucked up the flats who have subcontracted to these gimps to pretend to paint.

The circle of life.

ToneLa

Let the landlord know, it's her property!

Never hire British. For anything!! (goes to sign on)

Paul Calf

They're probably wanking in your sock drawer too.

Icehaven

Totally normal. At my work it's standard practice for maintenance work (which is contracted out to outside firms) which should take a day or two to take a week or more. Working days for contractors seem ridiculously short too (roughly 10-3 with at least an hour for lunch). We had a new floor in my department a few years ago and the two blokes doing it even joked about how late they were starting and early they were finishing to drag it out, if they'd done a full day and not spent half of that wandering about or sitting chatting with us or each other they'd have done it in literally half the time. Only bothered me because the library was inaccessible while they were doing it so we were getting loads of complaints, I've got no problem whatsoever with the company that runs my work getting rinsed, they're pretty good at that game themselves.

Soup Dogg

Why do you hate the working classes?

momatt

Quote from: Paul Calf on February 05, 2019, 01:31:59 PM
They're probably wanking in your sock drawer too.

I genuinely know a builder who takes great pride in wanking in every single room of every house he's worked in.
If you met him he'd admit it immediately.  He loves wanking even more than most people.

Nice chap too.

Sebastian Cobb

If I was a property firm I reckon I'd put my shittest staff on maintenance contracts that can be dragged out, and put the skilled and quick builders on throwing up new buildings for which I've not yet received milestone payments.

gilbertharding

If they're really labourers who are carrying out all these jobs, then I think I can see your problem.

You should be employing tradespeople for these things. Labourers are unskilled, and basically useful for fetching and carrying, or other jobs under supervision - whereas painting, roofing, etc are jobs which require skills, experience, initiative and technical knowledge.

These are blokes wi' a trade!

Shit Good Nose

Gis a job, I can do dat, gis a job.

I am, of course, referring to wanking in drawers.

im barry bethel

Job n knock

You'd be complaining the other side if they were done and out in an hour calling it slapdash

gib

bgmnts, have you always had a problem with people from the travelling community or is this a recent prejudice?

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: bgmnts on February 05, 2019, 12:34:12 PM
Nope just paint. My landlord is genuinely lovely so it's harsh on her. The housing association that owns the block of flats subcontracted the work to the company that fucked up the flats who have subcontracted to these gimps to pretend to paint.

The circle of life.

sorry for the glibness

seems to be really hard for landlords to not get shite builders in, its really annoying

BlodwynPig

If bgmnts was a proper gentleman, he would have offered to do the work himself. Another negative point.

Bennett Brauer

Genuinely thought this was a problem-solving thread about constipation, but once again bgmnts makes it all about him.