Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:39:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Posting on phone vs computer

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, February 05, 2019, 09:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I have a feeling browsing CaB on a desktop or laptop leads to more measured and detailed posting, myself included. In comparison it's a panoramic, less frantic format versus tap-tapping on a tiny screen.

Do you think it makes much difference at all?

touchingcloth

imitationleather

I utterly loathe browsing the internet on my phone. Feels like it's giving me arthritis. Especially this place since Tapatalk stopped working.

Actually, since I changed network it says I'm banned and calls me a cunt when I try to log on to here using my phone. Wonder what that is about.

Cuellar

I'm posting on a phone right now ;)

a duncandisorderly

I only come on here when I'm at work. I don't have my log-in saved on my own machines, ipads or phone. having C&B at home would eat into my wanking time too much.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on February 05, 2019, 09:19:37 PM
I only come on here when I'm at work. I don't have my log-in saved on my own machines, ipads or phone. having C&B at home would eat into my wanking time too much.

Kill two birds with one schizophrenia Phwoar thread.

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on February 05, 2019, 09:19:37 PMhaving C&B at home would eat into my wanking time too much.

They're not mutually exclusive for the majority of verbwhores.

a duncandisorderly

I hear ya, but I like to concentrate on one thing at a time. besides, the 'phwoar' thread is too SFW for my tastes, & the blokes don't do anything for me.

Thursday

Using phones for anything prolonged just seems mad to me, too uncomfortable, but I guess other people don't find that.

BlodwynPig

Can anyone recommend any decent horror podcasts?

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Thursday on February 05, 2019, 09:50:12 PM
Using phones for anything prolonged just seems mad to me, too uncomfortable, but I guess other people don't find that.

yep. though they're ok for brief periods of kindling if you have to stand for your commute.

I had a dell streak (I bet you did, dirty bollocks y') in 2010, & it was a shit phone if I'm honest, but so much bigger of a screen (5") than the usual iphones & whatnot of the day. great for reading, browsing, watching video.... but a rubbish phone. & (then) deeply unfashionable, because no-one had heard of 'phablet' then. I got rid, & have had a succession of iphones since, sticking with the 5 because it's a sensible size & does what I need... itunes, kindle, email (reading), guitar tuner, camera, shazam, whatsapp.... sometimes even use it as a phone. two old iphone 4s are now internet radios.

& now everyone's got these feckin' huge phones with screens like infinity pools.

chveik

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 05, 2019, 11:39:30 PM

I'm not an expert, but Welcome to Night Vale and Lore are good.

I've heard good things about The NoSleep Podcast.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: chveik on February 06, 2019, 12:00:14 AM
I'm not an expert, but Welcome to Night Vale and Lore are good.

I've heard good things about The NoSleep Podcast.

I listened to one Lore and although it started ok, it became a bit "oooh and another ghost is reported to be walking in the other part of the building".

NoSleep was also on the list that I googled, but none of the descriptions did it for me. Night Vale sounds interesting though, thanks!

Gregory Torso

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 05, 2019, 11:39:30 PM

If you mean real life horror then casefile is a good podcast about horrendous crimes.

We hate movies is one of the best podcast about films and they have lots of horror in their archives.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Gregory Torso on February 06, 2019, 12:15:38 AM
If you mean real life horror then casefile is a good podcast about horrendous crimes.

We hate movies is one of the best podcast about films and they have lots of horror in their archives.

Foetid thanks.

Glebe

Laptop battery kaput at the mo so it's phone only posting right now for Glebe!

laptop conked out months ago so exclusively using my phone now if anyone was wondering why my posts have gone to shit

I'm too old and out of touch. How do you even get on the internet using a telephone? The dial on mine doesn't even have letters, just numbers.

Z

It's easily the worst website to use on a phone that I visit regularly. Just an ordeal...

Not quite as bad as a few years ago where the Amazon banner turned every pixel on the screen that wasn't a link into a link to Amazon.

Dex Sawash

What's wrong with cab on a phone? Have you all got a Nokia 3310? I choose my phone over my desktop at work for posts but I rarely post more 3 sentences of "blah blah <lazy cab meme>"

Nowhere Man

It's just about how wide it all is, on a phone you have to scroll from side to side and constantly zoom in and out. Hurts my eyes after a while, however the desktop design is great in terms of spacing and all that.

Sebastian Cobb

I do most of my posting on here via phone. Largely because before I started my 'new' job I spent pretty much all day titting about on here and other forums and knew I had to pack it in.

At home I used to use a phone/tablet but the battery got rinsed so I went back to laptop. Comes with the bonus I can prop it on the arm of the sofa without holding it up.

biggytitbo

Is there some issue with posting on phones and tablets recently? I've noticed the textbox is super laggy where it was fine a few weeks ago. Thought it might be an out of control script or something, but it could be my tablet is suffering android rot.

ToneLa

Quote from: biggytitbo on February 09, 2019, 02:15:18 PM
Is there some issue with posting on phones and tablets recently? I've noticed the textbox is super laggy where it was fine a few weeks ago. Thought it might be an out of control script or something, but it could be my tablet is suffering android rot.

Both my android devices are OK, but I had to change from SwiftKey on the tablet, for some reason, as it would lag... Maybe try stock keyboard? Or other.

Sebastian Cobb

I've not noticed on here, but there was something with chrome or android that completely fucked rich text entry fields for a while. It's sorted now.

I think the forum should have a postal address for those of us who aren't massive nerds.

Bazooka

Quote from: DistressedArea on February 09, 2019, 04:29:08 PM
I think the forum should have a postal address for those of us who aren't massive nerds.

This, and there is a problem with Morse code support recently, my posts have been coming out less funny when using it.

hedgehog90

I've been experiencing this issue too on my android for the last week or so.
It seems to resolve after several lines.
Must be an issue with the latest Chrome update.