Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:37:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Andrea Arnold wins an Oscar!!

Started by Z/Sb, February 28, 2005, 05:58:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Z/Sb

I thought I was seeing things! It was a really bizarre coincidence: I'd earlier been watching some early 80s Top of the Pops and one of them, from 1981, was hosted by Kid Jensen who had Andrea standing next to him. (I'm pretty sure she was going out with him at the time). She was quite a regular on TOTP as part of the clan of over-excited girls who would hang around the host of the show. Well anyway, I was pointing her out to my German girlfriend telling her about the fact that she was one of the presenters on my fave 80s Saturday  show No.73. Hours later, I'm watching the Oscars live on Pro7 and she's there winning Best Live Action Short! She was presented it by ex-Play Awayer Jeremy Irons. I couldn't believe my eyes - it was freaky! It's not like I've seen her for almost 2 decades!

Incidentally, I thought Chris Rock was an excellent host! Loved his intro for Halle Berry: "She won an Oscar for Monsters Ball and she'll be seen next in the eagerly awaited Catwoman 2..." Sadly, I've become quite addicted to these award shows - they're the only things that get shown in English over here on regular German television. I watched the Grammies last week too - this is how bad it's getting for me here folks...

El Unicornio, mang

I quite like how she said "As they in England, this is the dogs bollocks".....cue laughs from all the Brits in the audience and confusion from everyone else

I think she said "as they say in English..." ,obviously meaning to say "England", which would undoubtedly have caused even more confusion in the audience...

Lt Plonker

Why wasn't this broadcast on BBC1 again? I was waiting for this all weekend, with my Jaffa Cakes at the ready, to find that it was on Sky Bleedin' Movies.

wheatgod

Quote from: "Lt Plonker"Why wasn't this broadcast on BBC1 again?
$