Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:16:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

This is happening just up the road from me next month...

Started by Shit Good Nose, February 06, 2019, 09:14:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funcrusher

Shit Good Nose

This month even!

Only£24...(plus £1 for booking it yourself online)

Uncle TechTip

Bit disappointed it's not a middle aged sex orgy, to be honest.

thenoise

You could turn up the protest it and then - shock horror, it's not middle class PC brigade or uptight old grannies worried about his swearing, it's comedy fans who are offended that he's a talentless hack who hasn't said anything funny since singing 'who the fuck is Alice' in 1995 (and even then wasn't that funny).

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on February 06, 2019, 10:48:51 AM
Bit disappointed it's not a middle aged sex orgy, to be honest.

Sorry.  I'm trying to shy away from that a bit now, as my mate is starting to press it on me a bit hard (fnarr) and I'm finding it a bit tiresome.  I know I'm the one that's been asking him for deets, but the more I ask the more he tries to twist my arm to go along - it's a lose-lose, so I figure just stopping asking is probs best.

Quote from: thenoise on February 06, 2019, 10:52:26 AM
You could turn up the protest it and then - shock horror, it's not middle class PC brigade or uptight old grannies worried about his swearing, it's comedy fans who are offended that he's a talentless hack who hasn't said anything funny since singing 'who the fuck is Alice' in 1995 (and even then wasn't that funny).

I must admit I'm curious to know who will be turning up.  It's never been known for live comedy around here - the nearest comedy "hub" would be Bath - and we've certainly never had a big name (inasmuch as pretty much everyone knows who Chubby Brown is, even if they don't like him).

If it was a tenner I honestly think I'd go...

bgmnts

For the same price you could order a substantially large curry and spend the next morning having severely bad curry shits.

I know which I'd find more entertaining.

mrClaypole

Roy played gig last month at a social club near me.  I could've walked there too....I didn't.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: bgmnts on February 06, 2019, 12:25:24 PM
For the same price you could order a substantially large curry and spend the next morning having severely bad curry shits.

I know which I'd find more entertaining.

Well, exactly.

And there are three Indian takeaways even closer, soooo......

bgmnts

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on February 06, 2019, 12:29:11 PM
Well, exactly.

And there are three Indian takeaways even closer, soooo......

Exactly, even a sub-par LIDL curry is preferable.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Roy Chubby Brown in Paulton and Ricky Gervais coming to Bath, what is this, Christmas 2??

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Rich Uncle Skeleton on February 06, 2019, 12:45:39 PM
Roy Chubby Brown in Paulton and Ricky Gervais coming to Bath, what is this, Christmas 2??

Fucking hell, I think I'd prefer Chubby...

I do wonder if there'll be any protests about the Chubby show - despite being out in the sticks where everyone has seven fingers on each hand (although I'm from Bristol, so I've been improving the gene pool since we moved here in 2004), it's VERY multi-cultural (and a lot of them have been here for a LOT longer than I have) and has a large younger population who have relocated from Bath and Bristol because of the cheaper house prices.

thenoise

ooohh I do like eating curry
I eat it like a dog
But it leave me in a hurry
To go to the nearest bog

I pull me trousers down
Me bum hole fooking stinks
The toilet is all brown
I even covered the fooking sinks

Still it tastes so fooking good
Tho I spend the next day in the bog
I do loves me some food
That's been prepared by some fooking w...

...Indian Gentleman

canadagoose

All that talk of Roy Chubby Brown in the Comedy Chat forum has made me want to see him, just out of curiosity. I probably wouldn't fit in much, mind. Especially if he's still doing Who the Fuck Is Alice? It'd certainly be a memorable experience anyway.

Quote from: canadagoose on February 06, 2019, 10:08:14 PM
All that talk of Roy Chubby Brown in the Comedy Chat forum has made me want to see him, just out of curiosity. I probably wouldn't fit in much, mind. Especially if he's still doing Who the Fuck Is Alice? It'd certainly be a memorable experience anyway.

Just watch the Channel Five documentary.  That's more than enough for me.

canadagoose

a duncandisorderly

us teessiders are a bit ashamed of him. him & daniels. my mum gave roy some piano lessons once, & my sister swears (obviously) that he once baby-sat us. I find that last bit hard to believe.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on February 06, 2019, 10:58:42 PM
us teessiders are a bit ashamed of him. him & daniels. my mum gave roy some piano lessons once, & my sister swears (obviously) that he once baby-sat us. I find that last bit hard to believe.

Why ashamed of Daniels?  None other than the late great Ricky Jay considered him as one of the greatest sleight of hand magicians of all time.

Or is there some dark cuntiness me and Ricky aren't aware of?  Like raping the corpses of thousands of Teeside teens, for example.

Nowhere Man

a duncandisorderly

oh, he was good at what he did, alright, but he was a bit of a git.

thenoise

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on February 06, 2019, 11:23:37 PM
Why ashamed of Daniels?  None other than the late great Ricky Jay considered him as one of the greatest sleight of hand magicians of all time.

Or is there some dark cuntiness me and Ricky aren't aware of?  Like raping the corpses of thousands of Teeside teens, for example.

Mean about Chris Morris.

im barry bethel

Bit miserable if he pulls a bigger crowd than the last Paulson home game

Shit Good Nose

So this (along with a few other shows) was cancelled and has been rescheduled for 9th August.

The official line is that it was due to illness, but there are rumours circling locally that it was due to VERY poor ticket sales (despite the quotes of "only a few tickets left").  Hmm...

St_Eddie

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on February 26, 2019, 07:56:31 PM
So this (along with a few other shows) was cancelled and has been rescheduled for 9th August.

The official line is that it was due to illness, but there are rumours circling locally that it was due to VERY poor ticket sales (despite the quotes of "only a few tickets left").  Hmm...

I'd have thought that there would be a huge demand for this sort of thing in the run up to post-Brexit Britain.  The mouthbreathers all having one last chuckle at those dirty foreigners, before they realise the devastating consequences of their idiotic and ill-considered actions during the vote.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Twed on February 26, 2019, 08:02:54 PM
Undermines this a bit: http://www.paultonrovers.co.uk/news/sponsored/the-fa-respect-we-only-do-positive-137.html

Heh, yeah, although to be fair I don't think the actual club (as in the team and its players and managers) have much, if anything, to do with the "out of hours" goings on in the clubhouse.

Quote from: St_Eddie on February 26, 2019, 09:22:06 PM
I'd have thought that there would be a huge demand for this sort of thing in the run up to post-Brexit Britain.  The mouthbreathers all having one last chuckle at those dirty foreigners, before they realise the devastating consequences of their idiotic and ill-considered actions during the vote.

I've no idea if that's the case generally but, as I said earlier in the thread, speaking purely about my locality, despite being a small town out in the sticks it's quite culturally diverse (and has been for quite a long time), and there's a lot of, shall we say, more aware generation Xers and millennials who have moved here from the larger cities of Bristol and Bath because no one can afford to live there any more, so I don't think there's that much of a Chubby Brown audience.  Having said that, it is close enough to the aforementioned "metropolises" to draw some in from there too.