Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:19:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

#NunsAlso

Started by Blumf, February 06, 2019, 11:02:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blumf

They're all bleedin' sex mad!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47134033
QuotePope Francis has admitted that clerics have sexually abused nuns, and in one case they were kept as sex slaves.

He said in that case his predecessor, Pope Benedict, was forced to shut down an entire congregation of nuns who were being abused by priests.

It is thought to be the first time that Pope Francis has acknowledged the sexual abuse of nuns by the clergy.

He said the Church was attempting to address the problem but said it was "still going on".

Past millennia plus of the Catholic church needs #cancelling, it seems.

biggytitbo

ToneLa

No wonder they were on the run

madhair60

Not surprised to see CaB making light of the abuse inflicted on these poor women. I know you all love to be edgy, but you're going to have to get out of the habit.

Neville Chamberlain

The words "Church" and "attempting to address the problem" do not belong in the same sentence.

ToneLa

This explains that banned episode of Father Ted

bgmnts

Quote from: madhair60 on February 06, 2019, 11:30:29 AM
Not surprised to see CaB making light of the abuse inflicted on these poor women. I know you all love to be edgy, but you're going to have to get out of the habit.

Don't know if this is sarcasm but I have to be a party pooper and virtue signal this a bit as well.

ToneLa

Quote from: bgmnts on February 06, 2019, 12:23:58 PM
Don't know if this is sarcasm but I have to be a party pooper and virtue signal this a bit as well.

Ah, I get it. Virtue, nuns, remaining pure. Good one!

Bennett Brauer

Did you think bgmnts was coming over all superior?

ToneLa

Quote from: Bennett Brauer on February 06, 2019, 12:29:46 PM
Did you think bgmnts was coming over all superior?

Does the Pope acknowledge sexual abuse of nuns by the clergy?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Mm, got to love those spirituallly ordained power structures...

Except unlike the regulation that's been brought into every other walk of life where powerful men or matriarchs obtain responsibility for and power over ordinary people, we let the church mark their homework.

Barry Admin

Alberon

No organisation can regulate themselves. Maybe the Christians could oversee the Muslims who could oversee the Jews who could oversee the Scientologists who could oversee the Hindus who could oversee the Clowne who could oversee the Christians.

What could go wrong?

Mr. Internet

Puts a dampener on the (hardline Catholic) theory that sexual abuse in the Church wouldn't exist if they only got rid of all the 'homosexuals' in the clergy.

bgmnts

Jesus cavorted with prostitutes though sooooo they have that in their back pocket.

ToneLa

Quote from: bgmnts on February 06, 2019, 12:50:13 PM
Jesus cavorted with prostitutes though sooooo they have that in their back pocket.

But was it consensual? Can't trust the Church on this, after all.

Sebastian Cobb

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Mr. Internet on February 06, 2019, 12:47:59 PM
Puts a dampener on the (hardline Catholic) theory that sexual abuse in the Church wouldn't exist if they only got rid of all the 'homosexuals' in the clergy.

Maybe they just used the nuns arses and pretended