Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:50:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Acceptable azimuth/elevation of arm swing when walking

Started by pancreas, February 07, 2019, 02:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pancreas

I would allow 30° maximum elevation and about 10° azimuth. Beyond this you should be killed. It is irritating to see someone marching with enormous arm swing elevation, but mainly they just look stupid. By far the worst is the azimuth abuse. Now, I'm not misogynistic, but ... old women with overfilled shopping bags which tip them to one side like to draw attention to this with enormous azimuth swing, making it very difficult to overtake them. Essentially one fat old woman with a big Sports Direct holdall can take up 3 or 4 people's space on a pavement. Of course if you do nonetheless try to overtake these people, they find occasion to lurch towards you, and then make a noise like 'Ooooooo', as if a car's just hit them in the solar plexus, even though you just brushed their arm.

Endicott

Any arm movement is to be deplored. One should glide like an Irish dancer or not at all.

bgmnts

Is it accurate that you burn more calories if you keep your arms stationary whilst walking? May start putting them in my pockets.

Jerzy Bondov

My friend once gave me a fucking serious talking to for walking along with my arms folded. I like folding my arms. I'm a big fan of defensive body language and I find it comfortable. So why shouldn't I walk around like it? Apparently it made me look like a psychopath and he was so disturbed by it I haven't done it since. But give it a try; I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. No arm swinging at all if they're neatly folded up in front of you. Tidy.

Shit Good Nose

All through secondary school I was fascinated with the various different azimuths of all the teachers' other arm when they were wiping the blackboard.

It's all prometheus boards these days of course, so board wiping arm swing is a relic of the past.

madhair60

It's not my arm swinging I'm worried about, waaayyyyy!!!

Edit: its my penis.

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: madhair60 on February 07, 2019, 03:06:38 PM
It's not my arm swinging I'm worried about, waaayyyyy!!!

Edit: its my penis.
You know how sometimes in a video game a character will get a limb stuck in a wall or something and just start flipping around all over the place making a mad noise? Well, that, but it's my penis.

Jittlebags

What would be great would be a 6-axis cock - complete with a grabber at the tip. That would please the ladies.

Shit Good Nose

Should we also add in the affected limp on one side that all the rappers do?  "Pimp limp" or summat?

rasta-spouse

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on February 07, 2019, 03:28:14 PM
Should we also add in the affected limp on one side that all the rappers do?  "Pimp limp" or summat?

It's the pimp roll, but Liam Neeson insists on calling it "the universal credit claim".

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: rasta-spouse on February 07, 2019, 03:34:58 PM
It's the pimp roll, but Liam Neeson insists on calling it "the universal credit claim".

That's the bunny.

momatt

Quote from: bgmnts on February 07, 2019, 02:56:24 PM
Is it accurate that you burn more calories if you keep your arms stationary whilst walking? May start putting them in my pockets.

Useful for walking pocket-wanks too.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

What's the acceptable celestial meridian of an obese sentry from Castleford

Got to say ten tops - surely

BlodwynPig

rasta-spouse

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 07, 2019, 04:21:48 PM
What's the acceptable celestial meridian of an obese sentry from Castleford

Something like this should work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz2cGa-BVg0

If there's any insurgents low on the ground they're toast.

pancreas

BlodwynPig

Quote from: pancreas on February 07, 2019, 04:36:04 PM
Yes. Never again.

I believe its a one shot chance anyway. Good luck. The best of luck. Im raising my arms in hope

Pijlstaart

I go for big swings as I walk, it gets me in the walking mood and it improves walk quality. If I go fast I hold my hands in the karate chop position and go straight up and down, but if I am going for a more leisurely walk I will ball my fists and add a bit of sideways movement in. I am often complimented on my walking and I take pride in it. To be bad at walking is a shameful thing, awful, shuffling, repressed, c3po nonsense, if you haven't been freshly circumcised and you haven't been tasered, you have no right to walk that way. Imagine pushing over dozens of old women, hurling them into traffic, what a horrible man.