Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,187
  • Total Topics: 106,349
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:48:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Woody Allen sues Amazon

Started by Monsieur Verdoux, February 07, 2019, 06:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marquis_de_sad

The real question is, when is this going to finally get a proper release?

peanutbutter

Only at 700 views but I'm stunned the like ratio hasnt been hit yet (92:3 atm)

chveik

well it looks even worse than his recent standard.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

St_Eddie

It is painful to see a genius like Storaro lens such low-effort material

rue the polywhirl

You guys would probably be raving about the trailer if it had someone else's name on it.... Woodie Bloggs?

biggytitbo

It's very flat but the performances look ok, which you could say about 90% of his films of the last 2 decades.

Looks fun and frothy. Some chuckles. Looking forward to seeing it.

Chriddof

The comments under that trailer are breaking my brain a bit.

Quote from: rue the polywhirl on May 17, 2019, 10:52:52 PM
You guys would probably be raving about the trailer if it had someone else's name on it.... Woodie Bloggs?

It looks like a bad parody of a Woody Allen film. Why would anyone rave about that?

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on May 19, 2019, 01:11:50 PM
It looks like a bad parody of a Woody Allen film. Why would anyone rave about that?

Because something something CAB hive mind etc.

Sin Agog

Miley Cyrus. Selena Gomez.  Did I imagine it or did it come out a few months back that Woody's a big fan of The Disney Channel?

Bad Ambassador

Quote from: St_Eddie on May 08, 2019, 05:20:09 PM
"What is the media's current obsession with child abuse all about?"

*continues to fuck a child in front of paparazzi*

In fairness, he only raped her once.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on May 21, 2019, 05:30:51 PM
In fairness, he only raped her once.

"You do one little rape and suddenly you're a demon!" ~ Roman Polanski

PeasOnSticks

'I shouldn't imbibe so copiously.'  Woody really gets how the young kids speak.

Hey, Punk!

Quote from: rue the polywhirl on May 17, 2019, 10:52:52 PM

It is very important that we like this potential peadophile isn't it? Fucking tedious cunt.

kitsofan34

Roman Polanski, Woody Allen, who next for Christoph Waltz?

peanutbutter

Is Match Point the only serious film Woody Allen has done in the past 20 or so years? Was Husbands and Wives the last one before that?

McChesney Duntz

There was Cassandra's Dream, which I actually preferred to Match Point. Not saying much there, I guess - I've enjoyed some of the films he's done in the last 20 years, but the last one I actually loved was Deconstructing Harry.

McChesney Duntz

I actually think that many of the last several of his movies - Blue Jasmine, Irrational Man, Cafe Society, Wonder Wheel - are intended to be dramas on some level. But then, maybe they're just comedies that don't have any successful jokes in them.

PeasOnSticks

'The film tells the story of a married American couple who go to the San Sebastian Film Festival. They get caught up in the magic of the festival, the beauty and charm of Spain and the fantasy of movies. She has an affair with a brilliant French movie director, and he falls in love with a beautiful Spanish woman who lives there. It is a comedy-romance that resolves itself in a funny but romantic way.'

Radical stuff from the Woodster.

biggytitbo

Quote from: kitsofan34 on June 04, 2019, 07:04:28 PM
Roman Polanski, Woody Allen, who next for Christoph Waltz?

He has an upcoming album of duets out with Gary Glitter.

Quote from: McChesney Duntz on June 04, 2019, 09:36:44 PM
I actually think that many of the last several of his movies - Blue Jasmine, Irrational Man, Cafe Society, Wonder Wheel - are intended to be dramas on some level. But then, maybe they're just comedies that don't have any successful jokes in them.

Blue Jasmine is definitely a drama, albeit one featuring a few moments of intentional comedy. It's one of the few really good late period Woody Allen films, but Cate Blanchett has to take tonnes of credit for that.

greenman

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on June 05, 2019, 07:23:11 AM
Blue Jasmine is definitely a drama, albeit one featuring a few moments of intentional comedy. It's one of the few really good late period Woody Allen films, but Cate Blanchett has to take tonnes of credit for that.

It felt like one of the few recent examples of an actor doing something other than just going along with Allen's script, without that I suspect it would have been a more conventional drama/comedy with the characters more a caricature.

SavageHedgehog

Andrew "Dice" Clay also very good in Blue Jasmine