Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:36:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wordpress Halp

Started by madhair60, February 07, 2019, 08:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Hi folks I have a website. www.tabithafaust.com (SFW). Using ComicEasel on Wordpress and I have a couple of widgets under each comic - first one lets you choose a chapter, second one choose a page within that chapter.

My problem is I want to edit what those dropdown widgets actually say on them, but have no idea how. HALP??

bgmnts

kittens

whoops madhair! seems you accidentally advertised your little website. don't worry, i won't tell anyone, so long as you give me a cameo in your comic strip. here is what i look like:

if i don't see myself in the next strip consider yourself reported bitch.

ToneLa

Quote from: madhair60 on February 07, 2019, 08:44:37 PM
Hi folks I have a website. www.tabithafaust.com (SFW). Using ComicEasel on Wordpress and I have a couple of widgets under each comic - first one lets you choose a chapter, second one choose a page within that chapter.

My problem is I want to edit what those dropdown widgets actually say on them, but have no idea how. HALP??

Wordpress admin usually - depends on theme, I dunno bout the one you have - has the ability to configure without wading into code under Appearance > Customize > Widget Name

If not it is a wee bit more complex. Would be useful to know if said widgets are another third party layer. BTW, nice site, really like the layout, can't see anything there I would think you haven't already defined?

Thursday

Looking forward to madhair's next comic strip about a paedophile who constantly shits himself

Menu

Shoulders?-Stomach!

WordPress customisation is so limited unless you buy an expensive business account. Have a look on the HTML code and see if the text of the drop down box is in there and so can be amended to say Bunty's AIDS Carton or whatever.

madhair60

Quote from: ToneLa on February 07, 2019, 11:55:11 PM
Wordpress admin usually - depends on theme, I dunno bout the one you have - has the ability to configure without wading into code under Appearance > Customize > Widget Name

I figured it out based on this thanks. I did have to wade into the code but I didn't know I could do that so this is great.

I make no money off this so I thought I'd post a link so people could see the sorts of widget I was on about. By all means remove the link if it's considered advertising.

Edit: asked Barry to remove the link.

kittens

could you also ask him to remove my entire post

madhair60

I ask him to remove all your posts, dick head