Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:55:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Twat on ice

Started by BlodwynPig, February 08, 2019, 04:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Decided to walk to work as the ice storms have gone and it was 9 degrees last night. -3 today and snow. Walking down the hill from my house, over i go - heavily on my back and laptop. Hand all cut up but most annoyingly my spacebar is broken and the laptop seems to overheat. Is it doomed? Am i doomed. Typing this on phone with left hand.

All that fucking work i had to do. I suppose i could use - characters and then replace all. Well that wont work as i cant get a space to replace.

Broken

Utter Shit

Genuinely expected this thread to be about Jose Mourinho.

Buelligan

Poor Blods!  Go out and mug someone for their technology, it's them or you, so I think it's allowable.  Wear crampons.  That is my full advice.

rasta-spouse

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 08, 2019, 04:24:36 PM

All that fucking work i had to do. I suppose i could use - characters and then replace all. Well that wont work as i cant get a space to replace.

this bit is like a haiku.

BlodwynPig

It was one of those idiot moments. Walking ok on the snow free area but worried there maybe black ice, decide to step on snowy area despite knowing last night there was sheet ice there...bang

Buelligan

Quote from: rasta-spouse on February 08, 2019, 04:29:00 PM
this bit is like a haiku.

Too many syllables,
he's shit at haiku Yeah
shit at walking too.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on February 08, 2019, 04:31:25 PM
Too many syllables,
he's shit at haiku Yeah
shit at walking too.

Im going to drone strike your cave

Buelligan

Bring it on Piggers.  Hehehheh. 

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on February 08, 2019, 04:38:27 PM
Bring it on Piggers.  Hehehheh.

Cant dispatch. Spacebar broken

Buelligan

I was going to mention that but thought it best not.  You should put some ice on that hand BTW.

bgmnts

No less than you deserve really isn't it?

ersatz99

Who was the chap here ithat threw a rock across a frozen pond, in Canada.

Buelligan

It was someone who looks quite different now, IIRC.

Lovely Thomas made the immortal tag [tag]throwing rocks into an icey (sic) lake[/tag] for them I believe.

QDRPHNC

Oh dear. It was like a fucking skating rink everywhere this morning, I nearly fell three times on the 50-foot walk from my front door to the streetcar stop.

Did you get the freezing rain in your neck of the woods a few days ago? It was like having gravel whipped in your face.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: QDRPHNC on February 08, 2019, 04:47:48 PM
Oh dear. It was like a fucking skating rink everywhere this morning, I nearly fell three times on the 50-foot walk from my front door to the streetcar stop.

Did you get the freezing rain in your neck of the woods a few days ago? It was like having gravel whipped in your face.

It should have all melted last night. Yeh we had the freezing rain but i stayed indoors. Got taxi yesterday. Fucked up my work and hand today. Canada is telling me something

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Less wanking, but conversely also less working

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 08, 2019, 04:56:32 PM
Less wanking, but conversely also less working

Im more into working these days. No sexual urges for months. This just means im desolate without an an or an or

Pijlstaart

There's a mass work exodus at lunchtime today as a storm is coming. They've cancelled my complimentary at-work beer. Every supermarket in the area is out of "essentials" (Artisan bread and avocados), which is silly. Earlier this week they closed my hill off to traffic because of the ice, they don't want people to go tumbling down it, but what they don't know is I tumble down that hill regularly in spite of ice, so they're not protecting us from anything.

biggytitbo

On a related note hasnt news coverage of weather got noticably worst in the last year or so? Even supposedly sober outlets are going big with breathless weather click bait, constant threats of SNOWMEGGEDON, ICEBOMBS and THUNDERBLIZZARDS which almost always never actually occur, but end up as number one trending articles.

Bring back John Kettley please.

Buelligan

I'm afraid the poor twat's drowned.

BlodwynPig

Should be in tech forum - my spacebar works only if I press hard in the very centre. its MacBook Pro. does anyone know if this is terminal or can be fixed easily with glue

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Buelligan on February 08, 2019, 04:28:32 PM
  Wear crampons.  That is my full advice.

I had blodders down as more of a fairy hammock man

biggytitbo

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 08, 2019, 08:02:02 PM
Should be in tech forum - my spacebar works only if I press hard in the very centre. its MacBook Pro. does anyone know if this is terminal or can be fixed easily with glue

You probably have a lodged crumb. Turn it upside down and blow on it.

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

Quote from: biggytitbo on February 08, 2019, 08:59:38 PM

You probably have a lodged crumb. Turn it upside down and blow on it.

Miraculously it worked - well actually I didn't take your advice. I guess when I fell back on the rucksack and hence the laptop, it dislodged a load of my dead skin cells, causing HAVOC with the underside of the spacebar.

BlodwynPig

The sky has turned yellow and big clumps of snow is falling.

Oh know, that's just me blowing the dead skin cells from my laptop.

Buelligan

Quote from: Dex Sawash on February 08, 2019, 08:53:36 PM
I had blodders down as more of a fairy hammock man

Mooncup Rev 17:4

Glebe

Yikes. Get well soon Blodders.

Dex Sawash