Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:57:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Where Are The Best Places Online To Find Rare Vinyl?

Started by Malcy, February 08, 2019, 06:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcy

I'm trying to track down a copy of this

https://www.discogs.com/The-Bodgers-Stutter-I-Hate-Phoning-Girls/release/2948229

I've seen that Discogs has a great marketplace for stuff before but the price tag is a bit steep. Are there any other places like Discogs that have a similar system? I plan on getting it signed by those involved in the next couple of months providing I can get a copy.

Head Gardener

it's not been repressed so 40 quid  is about the right price unfortunately

purlieu

Generally Discogs prices tend to be what you can expect elsewhere, for better or worse.

Malcy

Ah ok. Thanks. Will try knock it down a bit on Discogs. Worth a try anyway but reckon that's the price I'll be paying!

lazyhour

eBay auctions often get you the best price, but you have to be patient and wait for the item you want to pop up as an auction. Discogs is a more reliable place to buy records when it comes to condition (in my opinion), and your best bet is to add a record to your wants list, and you'll be emailed whenever someone lists a copy for sale. If/when they list it for a price you're happy with, pounce. The bit on Discogs that tells you what a record has previously sold for is a very good indication of what you should be waiting for.

In general, records that are offered for sale at any one point in time on Discogs are a bit too expensive - that's why they haven't sold yet! Conversely, the copies that sell have sold precisely because they got listed at a slightly better price. These are the copies to patiently wait for.

Don't think I've expressed myself very clearly. Sorry!

Malcy