Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 10:32:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

YouTube Video of People Being 'Triggered'

Started by St_Eddie, February 09, 2019, 11:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelvin

Quote from: Paul Calf on February 10, 2019, 02:09:33 PM
I'm just quite surprised to see you defending someone waving his expensive middle-class education in the face of a man who's using what talent he has to make a bare living.

That is an odd take on that footage. The guy shouting is clearly mentally unwell or has undergone some kind of breakdown. I'm not defending how confrontational he is, obviously, but his state of mind would clearly mitigate that. 

joyless sour milk larval children OWNED by tower of Pienaar tachyon-guzzling media visionaries

ginsters-fed oncotic ray of meh-meh HOUSEBROKEN by fefferfefferfeffing fully-awake yurtsman of the plains of TRUTH

home-schooled discount-soul hag ABSOLUTELY PURCHASED by lighthouse-jawed alpha bollocked chad councillor

broken diode beep-beep explain-o-tron HARVESTED FOR COMPONENTS by Huey from Fun Lovin' Criminals

witless PC political bottlebanks and majorettes SENT TO A PRISON FOR IDIOT DOGS by calm and reasonable right-side-o'history keyboard prophet

Paul Calf

Quote from: Twed on February 10, 2019, 03:17:17 PM
I said it makes me sad and I pity him. I don't endorse what he's saying. Your ageism comment is ridiculous.

Oh, fair enough. I misread you and I'm sorry for that.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Prison Biscuits on February 10, 2019, 03:50:28 PM
joyless sour milk larval children OWNED by tower of Pienaar tachyon-guzzling media visionaries

ginsters-fed oncotic ray of meh-meh HOUSEBROKEN by fefferfefferfeffing fully-awake yurtsman of the plains of TRUTH

home-schooled discount-soul hag ABSOLUTELY PURCHASED by lighthouse-jawed alpha bollocked chad councillor

broken diode beep-beep explain-o-tron HARVESTED FOR COMPONENTS by Huey from Fun Lovin' Criminals

witless PC political bottlebanks and majorettes SENT TO A PRISON FOR IDIOT DOGS by calm and reasonable right-side-o'history keyboard prophet

Please start making YouTube videos with titles like these. I'll Hit Subscribe.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Kelvin on February 10, 2019, 03:43:10 PM
That is an odd take on that footage. The guy shouting is clearly mentally unwell or has undergone some kind of breakdown. I'm not defending how confrontational he is, obviously, but his state of mind would clearly mitigate that. 

Yeah, fair enough. Some days I feel that I'm only an idiotic tweet or dunderheaded Facebook post away from being Man Shouting At Trumpeter.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: BritishHobo on February 10, 2019, 03:27:02 PM
If it helps, you no longer need to watch compilations of triggered SJWs getting OWNED in order to get more of them recommended. You can spend your days exclusively watching uploads of old 90s VHS tapes, and drone footage of people walking round abandoned theme parks, and you'll still get plenty of TRIGGERED SJW COMPILATIONS!!!! offered up for your viewing pleasure.

You might get them from watching clips of comics. They seem to think that a lot of comedians are right-wing warriors who are on a mission to own the libs.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

All of those videos , apart from the angered Mayoral contestant addressing one of the security fellers as 'Matt Damon' (and the bloke behind him, on his left/the viewer's right is clearly amused by things ) are actually very unpleasant, especially that Indian Wedding one which ends with a woman getting slapped in the face by Legend Aarav.Don't agree about that Turkish feller being rammed by that hapless cyclist being remotely funny, the cyclist is genuinely sorry, but yer man's fucking fuming at him, forcefully hurling his bike to the ground at one point.
One other thing that gave me a bit of a smile, when the (genuinely flustered, not piss-taking )shop assistant inadvertently calls the trangender personage "Sir" insteaf of "Ma'am" for a third time, in the middle of that person's none-too-chuffed rant, after they've being doing their best by addressing them as "Ma'am" on a couple of occasions, which does not impress his enraged interlocuter at all.
All in all though, am quite irked to see these vids being put up as something we're supposed to be laffing at .

Flouncer

I've not watched this one so I'm not commenting on it directly, but I think a lot of these 'triggered' things are put together by nasty alt-right cunts and their ultimate intent is to single out and shame people from minority groups who have the temerity to stand up for themselves when they're being treated badly. There's a reason you get shitty recommendations after watching them - there are some very unpleasant people out there who really enjoy watching certain groups of people having a bad time. If you take note of who's getting upset in each clip it doesn't take long to spot a pattern.

Z

"Top 10 funniest reactions of teenagers receiving life sentences" came up on my suggestions recently, they had some absolute shitbag trying to do funny/moralising takes between the entries... was honestly a bit surprised by how grim the whole thing was.

The shitty top 10 list channel had a merch store too, whatever about mindlessly watching those videos, who in the fuck would buy their shirts?

St_Eddie

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on February 11, 2019, 07:10:00 AM
All in all though, am quite irked to see these vids being put up as something we're supposed to be laffing at .

I can't help the fact that I laughed at a couple of the clips.  I can assure you that I found absolutely nothing humerous about the majority of them (quite the opposite in fact).  Laughter is a natural reaction, not a choice.  I thought that maybe some folk would also laugh at the same moments that I did, hence creating this thread.  Having said that, I really shouldn't have created this thread, as it's only serving to rub people up the wrong way.

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on February 11, 2019, 07:10:00 AM
...very unpleasant, especially that Indian Wedding one which ends with a woman getting slapped in the face by Legend Aarav.

As I previously stated, the actions of that fucking nasty little misogynistic, bullying shithead are in no way excusable.  He's a complete and utter scumbag and everything that is wrong with humanity.  However, I couldn't help but laugh at the sheer absurdity of him slapping a woman who wasn't even involved in the whole fracas to begin with.

It's just so incredibly unbelievable, pathetic, childish and moronic; "oh, the bride stood up for herself and slapped me.  I'm a bully and too much of a lowly little worm to say anything back to someone who doesn't put up with my bullying bullshit.  Oh wait, here's a completely random and unrelated woman.  *slap*  Job's a god 'un".

I mean, it's just so fucking ridiculous and cretinous.  I just couldn't help but laugh.  I don't know how people like that even exist.  It's astonishing.  I sincerely hope that man dies an slow and agonising death.  The world does not need people like that.  Still, I can't deny that I laughed.  At him, not with him but yeah, I laughed.

Quote from: Flouncer on February 11, 2019, 08:25:35 AM
I've not watched this one so I'm not commenting on it directly, but I think a lot of these 'triggered' things are put together by nasty alt-right cunts and their ultimate intent is to single out and shame people from minority groups who have the temerity to stand up for themselves when they're being treated badly. There's a reason you get shitty recommendations after watching them - there are some very unpleasant people out there who really enjoy watching certain groups of people having a bad time. If you take note of who's getting upset in each clip it doesn't take long to spot a pattern.

I think there's a lot of truth to that.  Some of the clips in the linked video certainly support that.  In hindsight, I really shouldn't have created a thread linking to such hateful garbage.  Still, I guess that one lives and learns, right?

Quote from: Z on February 11, 2019, 08:38:23 AM
The shitty top 10 list channel had a merch store too, whatever about mindlessly watching those videos, who in the fuck would buy their shirts?

I dread to think.

*hides his 'I love the Top 10 Funniest Slapstick Executions' t-shirt*

jobotic

St_Eddie

Cuellar

This thread: desolation. Awful videos, vulnerable people, unhappy people, angry people being unpleasant. Brilliant. I'm lolling my socks right off.

St_Eddie

Nobody likes the video.  I don't even like the video now.  It's shit.  I'm shit.  I get it.  Can we not just move on now, please?  If folks would stop posting within it, then this thread would slip off into the ether of page two of this sub-forum and beyond, where it belongs, never to be seen again.  It was already well on its way, until it get resurrected today.

Here's the deal; this will be my last post within this thread.  I hope that you all choose to stop posting also.  Sadly, I do not possess the ability to delete threads or make wise decisions in regards to creating them, you know?  In the name of sanity and good taste, let it die.

Cuellar

I'll just say that I somehow came across a 10 hour aeroplane  cabin white noise video through this - would you trust someone NOT to have slipped something harrowing in after 6 hours or so? "Oh I'll use this white noise video to fall asleep to [6 hours later] *screams of dying children/Jonestown massacre tape/etc. etc.*"

Flouncer

Quote from: St_Eddie on February 11, 2019, 09:16:01 AMI think there's a lot of truth to that.  Some of the clips in the linked video certainly support that.  In hindsight, I really shouldn't have created a thread linking to such hateful garbage.  Still, I guess that one lives and learns, right?

I didn't intend my last post to be a criticism of you, man. I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with linking to something like that as long as it stimulates some interesting debate, but perhaps it's for the best that this thread disappears. Don't beat yourself up about it.

mrpupkin

Dont worry St Eddie, if we can get a new HS Art thread in this vein going then it was all worthwhile

wooders1978

I want to slap the Indian fella who slapped his poor wife

Johnny Yesno

That video was shit for cunts, Eddie. These, however, are very funny, so all is not lost:

thenoise

Quote from: BritishHobo on February 10, 2019, 03:27:02 PM
If it helps, you no longer need to watch compilations of triggered SJWs getting OWNED in order to get more of them recommended. You can spend your days exclusively watching uploads of old 90s VHS tapes, and drone footage of people walking round abandoned theme parks, and you'll still get plenty of TRIGGERED SJW COMPILATIONS!!!! offered up for your viewing pleasure.

It's figured out you're a man, and that's all it takes.  Try leaving a playlist of makeup tutorials going overnight.  My recommendations have become a lot more savoury since researching baby products for my forthcoming sprog.