Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 10:51:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

This is probably my very last post on here...

Started by BlodwynPig, February 10, 2019, 09:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

I've wandered off track. My bruised back is urging me to rest. Darkness is closing in and an ice storm is forecast. I had a drink of alcohol at the Italian and it's gone to my head. I lost my gloves in a stream and my coat is torn.

It's

ToneLa

Be safe, be happy, and be welcome back anytime x

Twed

BlodwynPig

Im not flouncing. Im stumbling in near darkness through an icy forest with shadows closing in.

Its

Flouncer

pancreas

Throw yourself into the road darling, you haven't got a chance!

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

Quote from: pancreas on February 10, 2019, 09:55:35 PM
Throw yourself into the road darling, you haven't got a chance!

No roads for miles.

I

Flouncer

Phil_A

I can only hope this doesn't turn out to've been a horribly inappropriate thing to post come tomorrow.

Funcrusher

Flouncer

Quote from: Phil_A on February 10, 2019, 10:05:38 PM

I can only hope this doesn't turn out to've been a horribly inappropriate thing to post come tomorrow.
Recent Posts
Re: Sad news about BlodwynPig...

Operty1

For all of Kubrick's agonising and retakes, to have Nicholson cross eyed in that picture is really stupid.

biggytitbo

rasta-spouse

Nah, they're going to try and pin this on those Smiley Face guys.

biggytitbo

biggytitbo

What a way to go though, bummed to death by a giant hairy biped.

BlodwynPig

BACK, covered in wild turkey shit.

I
It
Its
It's
It's all ok folks, thanks for you concern. Won't be risking that again. *will he ever learn*

Twed

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 10, 2019, 09:54:43 PM
Im not flouncing. Im stumbling in near darkness through an icy forest with shadows closing in.

Its
Oh I seeee

If we're doing weather things, expect my last post on Tuesday.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Twed on February 10, 2019, 10:49:43 PM
Oh I seeee

If we're doing weather things, expect my last post on Tuesday.

yeh, another storm? do you go out in them...Tuesday is when I'm supposed to go into work to discuss my application for Pancreas' position with a mathematician "in the know". Expect another,  twat Blodwyn struck by ice Hammer thread.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: biggytitbo on February 10, 2019, 10:39:49 PM
Maybe the smiley faced killers are bigfoots?
Could be worse. He might get thinged by a Thing.

BlodwynPig

This is the only "thing" that has visited me recently.

touchingcloth

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 10, 2019, 09:52:37 PM
I've wandered off track. My bruised back is urging me to rest. Darkness is closing in and an ice storm is forecast. I had a drink of alcohol at the Italian and it's gone to my head. I lost my gloves in a stream and my coat is torn.

It's

This is definitely my very first post in this thread.

Twed

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 10, 2019, 10:54:40 PM
yeh, another storm? do you go out in them...Tuesday is when I'm supposed to go into work to discuss my application for Pancreas' position with a mathematician "in the know". Expect another,  twat Blodwyn struck by ice Hammer thread.
Oh I see now (again). Good luck. Christ pancreas just be nice, don't talk about cabbages as a veiled threat. The connection is obvious now, cabbages, BlodwynPig, PIG, not cow, but PIG. Bully.

yeh, another storm? do you go out in them...
Yes, I usually have to dig stuff out and am ordered by the evil apartment management to drive my car in the midst of all of it so that they can plough snow. Ever drive sideways?

pancreas

Not an interview, then? Who's the guy 'in the know'?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: pancreas on February 10, 2019, 11:47:20 PM
Not an interview, then? Who's the guy 'in the know'?

The application deadline is a while away. The guy is a pure mathematician who has applied to Nottingham and looks like getting the position (Fellowship rather than Lectureship), but he got a lot of advice from the professors in the department at Nottingham on what to focus on. Basically saying what you said about not under-selling yourself, but also some of the boring stuff about admin and collegiate citizenship (I'm writing that I will buy Pancreas a pie and pint at least once a month).

Shoulders?-Stomach!