Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:30:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Aladdin alive

Started by Butchers Blind, February 11, 2019, 12:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butchers Blind

Wait til the end..

https://youtu.be/6NqKrhmnVNY

Did they run out of money when it came to Big Willie Genie?

biggytitbo

Shit Good Nose

Given that it's Disney, they probably haven't completely finished the CGI yet and there's still some refining to do, as so often happens with big effects films.

No doubt it'll be toilet anyway.

Having said that, the live action Jungle Book was nowhere near as bad as I was expecting.

But then this is Guy Ritchie's Aladdin, so no doubt it will be toilet.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on February 11, 2019, 12:10:30 PM
Given that it's Disney, they probably haven't completely finished the CGI yet and there's still some refining to do, as so often happens with big effects films.

Probably true.

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on February 11, 2019, 12:10:30 PMNo doubt it'll be toilet anyway.

True.

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on February 11, 2019, 12:10:30 PMBut then this is Guy Ritchie's Aladdin, so no doubt it will be toilet.

Definitely true.

phantom_power

What on earth in Guy Ritchie's career, other than being a posh white man which seems to open all the doors, made Disney think that he would be the right man to make this film?

BlodwynPig

Timothy

Live action Jungle Book was amazing. High hopes for this.

Twed

Looks like a big piece of rubber on a stick

Bleeding Kansas

lebowskibukowski

Quite frankly this type of cultural appropriation disgusts me. Will Smith in blueface? Couldn't they find an actor with methemoglobinemia to take the role?

Mango Chimes

Is this one of the Avatar sequels?

No it's a prequel/origin story set hundreds of years in the past. The lamp is made from unobtanium.

fucking ponderous

why is everything so small. why not make the cave with the tiger head for an entrance big. why make it look like the entrance to a toilet at a disgraced jungle theme park

biggytitbo

Oh that image didn't work, I'll try again

Bazooka

Will Smith is one of the good lads, as is the game on the Megadrive.

biggytitbo

The megadrive and snes versions of Aladdin are different games and both good in their own way but the megadrive version has much better animation and tighter controls and gameplay.

The film is shite although.

madhair60

Quote from: biggytitbo on February 12, 2019, 08:34:12 AM
the megadrive version has much better animation and tighter controls and gameplay.

The exact opposite of what is correct. That game is all over the place with its controls, weirdly-defined collision detection and generally confusing layouts.

thraxx

Still alive? I thought he had died years ago.

EOLAN

Went to see the West End show as my first full exposure to Aladdin. I must say the character of Aladdin himself is quite dull and boring and unsympathetic.
The rest of the cast and characterisation was quite enjoyable though but could have been better just ditching the titular character completely.

biggytitbo

Quote from: madhair60 on February 12, 2019, 11:38:01 AM
The exact opposite of what is correct. That game is all over the place with its controls, weirdly-defined collision detection and generally confusing layouts.

Your the exact opposite of what is correct.

Replies From View

Quote from: fucking ponderous on February 12, 2019, 07:01:01 AM
why is everything so small. why not make the cave with the tiger head for an entrance big. why make it look like the entrance to a toilet at a disgraced jungle theme park

Because it is such a cliche to have good things instead of shit ones.

Deyv

Is the start of the trailer intended to remind everyone of Infinity War?

St_Eddie

Quote from: Mango Chimes on February 12, 2019, 01:28:43 PM

I adore that gif.  Needs to be a part of every thread, quite frankly.  Not just on this site but on every site, for ever more.  Can we pass a motion for a new law or something?

phantom_power

Why is he all CG-ed up in a scene where you can just see his normal human torso?

St_Eddie

Quote from: phantom_power on February 12, 2019, 03:54:44 PM
Why is he all CG-ed up in a scene where you can just see his normal human torso?

BECAUSE YOU CAN'T MAKE NEW MOVIES WITHOUT UNNECESSARY CGI!!!

Cuellar

St_Eddie

Quote from: Cuellar on February 12, 2019, 03:55:52 PM
Why is this so appalling?

BECAUSE IT'S SHIT AND DISNEY EXCELS AT MAKING SHIT FOR CUNTS.

Quote from: phantom_power on February 12, 2019, 03:56:16 PM
Uncanny valley

Also that too, I suppose.