Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:46:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

LIFTING!

Started by Z, February 11, 2019, 09:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Z

Do you lift? What do you lift? What do you lift?  When do you lift? Where do you lift? How do you lift? Why do you lift?

thraxx

HA HA LIFTING IS FOR LOOSERS PUTTING-DOWN IS THE BEST. CUNTS

ToneLa

Yes
Kettlebells
Weights
When I'm awake
In my bedroom
With my arms
Want to pretend atrophy can be stymied

Z

More seriously though, should I lift something? What do you get from it other than being able to lift women and 24 packs of magners a bit more impressively? Loads of people seem mad into it, is it good for cardio or summat? Or is it just that it's an easy thing to set goals for?

Johnny Yesno

THREADS WITH OVEREXCITED ALL-ABS TITLES

ToneLa

Quote from: Z on February 11, 2019, 09:30:07 PM
More seriously though, should I lift something? What do you get from it other than being able to lift women and 24 packs of magners a bit more impressively? Loads of people seem mad into it, is it good for cardio or summat? Or is it just that it's an easy thing to set goals for?

Endorphins!

Anyone who says they do exercise for any other reason is a filthy liar. It's drugs without the drugs!

Cuellar

Quote from: Z on February 11, 2019, 09:30:07 PM

You'll get admiring looks and lingering glances from other men, which is nice.

Paul Calf

... right so i'm up to 5 sets of 10 with the 5kgs and on the bench for 3 sets of 15 with 20ks but if i go in after work i can't do the fourth programme of 5 sets of 5 on the 2k wallies free weights are best i do crunches for the last 20 minutes to warm down and don't forget the 15 minute session of aerobics on the treadie...

DO YOU UNDERSTAND HOW PHENOMENALLY DULL AND SELF-OBSESSED TOU ARE?

Captain Z

Oh we could be
lifting up today
lifting all the way
you and I forever, baby

Twed

Quote from: Paul Calf on February 11, 2019, 09:38:08 PM
... right so i'm up to 5 sets of 10 with the 5kgs and on the bench for 3 sets of 15 with 20ks but if i go in after work i can't do the fourth programme of 5 sets of 5 on the 2k wallies free weights are best i do crunches for the last 20 minutes to warm down and don't forget the 15 minute session of aerobics on the treadie...

DO YOU UNDERSTAND HOW PHENOMENALLY DULL AND SELF-OBSESSED TOU ARE?
What are the authorised interests?

Cuellar

It's given me something to talk to the fit men in my office about. One young student placement guy (must be about 20 years old ffs) is very strong, saw him overhead pressing 75kgs on Saturday.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: Cuellar on February 11, 2019, 09:54:52 PM
It's given me something to talk to the fit men in my office about. One young student placement guy (must be about 20 years old ffs) is very strong, saw him overhead pressing 75kgs on Saturday.

Lifting heavy weights in the office can be quite dangerous, and a breach of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974. I hope he moved any obstructions out of the way and bent his knees first.

Dex Sawash

Do you lift?
Yes

What do you lift?
Things that need to be raised up or otherwise repositioned

When do you lift?
When required

Where do you lift?
work, mostly

How do you lift?
Harder not smarder

Why do you lift?
profit!
[/quote]

Konki

Squat, push, pull, hinge and a bit of cardio. Job done. At the very least that should go some way to preventing you being a liability in later life.

touchingcloth

I don't have a liftrig at home so most days it's office for me followed by hitting up the gym for a few reps of squatface and twenty nine, thirty sets of compound chupa chups and finishing it all off with some intense knees knees knees knees knees, always cranking my Zune to Lighthouse Fam's Lifted mixes.

ToneLa

shiftwork2

If you go to a gym you're a bell

alright cheers

poo

Liftin's good. No gym required. Set of adjustable dumbbells and a simple bench -that's all you need.

Norton Canes

Careful. This thread might escalate.

Cuellar

I like lifting, it gives me something to do of an evening. Focuses the mind, work/life stress is replaced with 'will I shit myself with the strain?'  And you get all sweaty, which makes you feel like you've achieved something. Sometimes I can't lift the thing I'm meant to, and I think 'well, I'll try again next time'.

Can't say I feel healthier at all, but then I don't do any cardiovascular things, apart from cycling to and from work but that only takes about 15 minutes each way.

touchingcloth

Why is it just called lifting now, and assumed that people are talking about tailor made exercise equipment rather than reams of printer paper or whatever? Do you lift? Yes, when something low needs to be less low.

We used to call it throwing weights in my day, and we never shortened it to just "throwing", because we understood that if you weren't specific people might have assumed you were talking about kitten hurling.

Was once "pwnt" on the old NeoGAF when I tried to encourage someone who wanted to go to the gym and intended to use the machines as he didn't have anyone to spot him and felt a bit intimidated. I told him to just go have fun. Sure, you won't get 100% out of it, but as long as you're doing something positive, you'll feel a lot better for it.

But, no. I was told that the machines shouldn't be used UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, that he wouldn't get properly strong and that free weights are the only way and that if you aren't maximising your workouts, you might as well not even bother going at all The lad then posted that maybe he'd not bother then. Not worth the hassle.

WELL DONE WEIGHTS NAZIS. GOD FORBID SOMEONE EXERCISE FOR FUN.

poo

Main issue with most machines is that your dominant side tends to take over and do most of the work. I'm seriously not joking when I say this but my right arm got huge from wanking so dumbbells mean I can even things up a bit.

thraxx

We could be Lifting.

Lifting

Lifting.

You and I forever more.

Lifting.

poo