Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:03:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Body Art...

Started by Blue Jam, February 12, 2019, 10:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imitationleather

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 13, 2019, 05:34:29 PM
He did tongue-splitting as well- how the fuck does that work? I'm guessing that as "Dr Evil" has no formal training in anaesthesia he also can't suture, so the tongue splittee must spend a fortnight not eating, or drinking, or talking while their cloven tongue heals.

My missus very nearly got her tongue split before I knew her. I've got to be honest, I don't think the relationship would have got going if she'd had it done. It's a bit too rich for my blood.

The old "You'll end up regretting that tattoo" thing is now largely outdated as tonnes of middle aged people have them and it's not a problem. The more extreme body modifications that seem a bit like disabling yourself on purpose are going to take longer to be accepted into mainstream society and I would imagine will end up being regretted unless you plan on living in a squat and working in Cyberdog forever.

Blue Jam

^^^ I suspect earlobe stretching may end up being one of those "you'll regret that"  things, a fad that dies out like the 1990's belly button piercing craze. Earlobe repair surgery is getting increasingly popular, and even people who don't stretch them to that extent quickly realise that they fucking stink.

Admittedly this one is wishful thinking over a personal prejudice of mine- I'm generally quite open-minded about tattoos and body piercings but flesh tunnels just turn my stomach.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 13, 2019, 05:37:40 PM
You jest, but:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/britains-most-tattooed-man-could-10545532

I have to wonder what he means by his "days as a fighter". I'm guessing he wasn't a boxer.

Berk imitates art

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 12, 2019, 11:50:00 PM

Plenty of tattoo artists will refuse to do hand, neck and face tattoos on people who aren't already heavily tattooed and don't already have some idea of how it might affect their job prospects and life in general, but I guess not all of them are that responsible or proud.

Friend of a friend who tattoos calls these jobstoppers.

Mindhorn was on Prime last time I looked btw.

Sebastian Cobb

thenoise

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 13, 2019, 05:34:29 PM
He did tongue-splitting as well- how the fuck does that work? I'm guessing that as "Dr Evil" has no formal training in anaesthesia he also can't suture, so the tongue splittee must spend a fortnight not eating, or drinking, or talking while their cloven tongue heals.

Do they also end up with a lisp? A friend of mine was once determined to get his tongue pierced despite me saying it was a daft idea. Naturally he got it done anyway and ended up with a lisp, which infuriated him as he was a bit camp to start with and not too comfortable about the fact. He ended up taking the piercing out after chipping a few teeth on it. Needless to say etc.

Just cuts it with a knife, maybe heats the blade so it bleeds a bit less, gives you some out of date alcohol handwash to gargle with and rings for an ambulance if the bleeding hasn't stopped after 45 minutes.

Blue Jam

Quote from: thenoise on February 14, 2019, 12:50:30 PM
Just cuts it with a knife, maybe heats the blade so it bleeds a bit less, gives you some out of date alcohol handwash to gargle with and rings for an ambulance if the bleeding hasn't stopped after 45 minutes.

As bad as that sounds, there's an even worse method. I just looked up "tongue splitting" on Wikipedia and learned all about "the fishing line method". Jeeeeeeez, that's something I really wish I could unlearn...

I'm not squeamish- I work as a life scientist, I love going to pathology museums and I enjoy watching horrible documentaries about diseases- and even I have to wonder what the fuck is wrong with these people.

Ferris

I'm sure you've already been, but if not the Surgeon's Hall museum is worth seeing. The Hunterian museum in London is also good.

https://museum.rcsed.ac.uk/plan-your-visit/opening-hours-and-admission

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on February 14, 2019, 02:27:32 PM
I'm sure you've already been, but if not the Surgeon's Hall museum is worth seeing. The Hunterian museum in London is also good.

https://museum.rcsed.ac.uk/plan-your-visit/opening-hours-and-admission

Some years ago at a museum in London in the medical section I was shocked that the example of "a typical dentists surgery of 1890" was a carbon copy of my dentist in the 70's/early 80's.  (He was given an ultimatum to modernise or be struck off.)  And also that the first full body x-ray had an exposure time of 30 minutes.  Poor sod.  Actually d'oh! I've literally as I typed that just realised that the subject of the x-ray would have been a corpse already, as nobody would be able to keep perfectly still for 30 minutes otherwise.