Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:38:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Nintendo Direct Feb 2019

Started by The Boston Crab, February 13, 2019, 07:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
This is it. The game changer. Hardwank theorem. RRR.

Place your predictions here and prizes will be distributed as usual for the correct mindreaders. Also u got 2 give ur r3as0n1ng bcos its funnnn.

FF7 shadow drop - it was in the recent ad, gotta come some time.

Starfox GP - Retro are on MP4, might as well now release the shit they been working on Q2.

SNES Online tonight with SMK and LttP - we seen the strings, they been removed from the NES Online app now cos some1 fucked UPPPPP. SNES Online app lands at 11pm tonight for the thirtieth anniversary of the SNES prototype.

Dodonpachi - finally CAVE comes to the Switch via M2 Shot Triggers. Next up will be Deathsmiles because the Switch is the most pedo console going according to the eShop

Any more ?

Thursday

Your Mum is announced for Smash.

Twed

New Pokemon game. Animal Crossing.

Shigeru Miyamoto appears in full Princess Peach Cosplay and announces that everyone should visit The Boston Crabs gaming pub.

Got to be honest, a lot of rumours floating round that we gave up too soon on TGP. Could well still make a return under new name, just looking for some fresh investment. I still got all the game shit in a lock up in Lymm. Just so boring going in and cleaning up and serving cunts drink

Kelvin

I think it's already shaping up to be a good year on Switch. Assuming we get them, we have a Luigi's Mansion sequel (the original is great), Daemon Ex Machina (that game about the big mechs), the first console Fire Emblem in years, a sequel to the only good Yoshi game in years (namely the Wii U one), and the first proper console Pokemon. I don't care about Animal Crossing or whatever, but that too.

Throw in even two of the rumoured games and I'll be very happy indeed.   

Timothy

Fire Emblem for 20 minutes
Smash DLC for 15 minutes
Yoshi for 15 minutes
Free new Mario Party board.

Mario Maker Port/Remake
Metroid Prime 1 / 3 Port/Remake
Pikmin 3 Port/Remake
Assassins Creed Port/Remake
Phoenix Wright port release date

A Pokémon logo with Fall 2019.
Animal Crossing is Amiibo Festival 2

Just like last year this is probably going to be a bad year for the Switch. I expect a lot of ports/remakes everybody played already and expect the new titles to be postponed into 2020.

Kelvin

I suppose it depends on whether or not the new games are interesting to you or not. Daemon Ex Machina, Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion, and to a lesser extent, Yoshi, are all games I'm excited, but not delirious about.

Metroid Prime 1, if it gets ported, is imo, an actual masterpiece, and one of my three favourite games of all time (Smash, and BOTW, fact fans). Pikmin 3 is excellent, and could really benefit from a revised control scheme. It's one of the few Wii U ports I'd actually bother with, if true.

The other two big rumoured games... both would make me very happy indeed, but I don't really expect to hear about them before E3, even if they are real.

The problem with Nintendo is that you always need to go in with the lowest of expectations, but it's impossible not to get hyped, when you consider all the rumours and possibilities.   

madhair60

I want Metroid Prime Trilogy and Mario Maker, either a sequel or a port will do me. Yeah cheers. No Fire Emblem and no Daemon Ex Otherkin shit either, thanks. Mechs are for actual melts.

Kelvin

Quote from: madhair60 on February 13, 2019, 08:19:38 PM
I want Metroid Prime Trilogy and Mario Maker, either a sequel or a port will do me. Yeah cheers. No Fire Emblem and no Daemon Ex Otherkin shit either, thanks. Mechs are for actual melts.

Imagine being someone who likes a man called Super Mario, but thinks huge robots blowing alien shit up with gattling guns is beneath him.

Timothy

Those mech games always disappoint so don't have high hopes until reviews are out.

Twed

madhair's favourite game is Krazy Ivan.

Kelvin

Quote from: Timothy on February 13, 2019, 08:23:43 PM
Those mech games always disappoint so don't have high hopes until reviews are out.

Agreed. I thought it looked interesting, maybe fun for a week or whatever, but I've yet to see anything that really wowed me. The backgrounds look a bit samey, at the moment, and I'd like to see some more of the combat. I'm cautiously optimistic, though.

Timothy

Quote from: Kelvin on February 13, 2019, 08:27:40 PM
Agreed. I thought it looked interesting, maybe fun for a week or whatever, but I've yet to see anything that really wowed me. The backgrounds look a bit samey, at the moment, and I'd like to see some more of the combat. I'm cautiously optimistic, though.

Same here.

I read a Dutch preview about Yoshi and the guy said the game was more of the same, but that it's supposedly a very short game and not very impressive. I also have all the supposed remakes already on Wii U and Gamecube. So I'm going into this Direct with very low expectations. Hope they have a good new title up their sleeve.

Commander Keen 8
Dangerous Dave
Cosmo's Cosmic Adventures
Minesweeper
Hugos Haunted House
Crystal Caves
Secret Agent
Alley Cat
Mario Wank Off Turbo Edition

Kelvin

Quote from: Timothy on February 13, 2019, 08:31:10 PM
Same here.

I read a Dutch preview about Yoshi and the guy said the game was more of the same, but that it's supposedly a very short game and not very impressive. I also have all the supposed remakes already on Wii U and Gamecube. So I'm going into this Direct with very low expectations. Hope they have a good new title up their sleeve.

Yoshi, as I suggested above, is a title that's looked worse the more I've seen of it. I really liked the Wii U game, but I'm not loving the idea of having to play through levels twice in this one, and it generally seems a lot slower paced this time around. I won't be getting it unless the reviews are good, but I've still not lost hope completely.

Kelvin

Twed

Yeah, I feel certain Yoshi will flop. Feels directionless. All the early previews had people making the reverse view mechanic sound better than it is.

Kelvin

Twed

Does any English-speaking person know what Fire Emblem actually is? They should have just not translated it.

Consignia

Twed

Hello it has started early with raw footage of Mario Maker 2 hello

Twed

Kelvin

Very happy with the new 3d World art style. Didn't expect that.

edit; and they basically just admitted there's more Smash Bros characters after this initial 5. They just called it the 1st challenger pack. 

Kelvin

This Dragon Quest voice over reminds me of the old 80's saturday morning cartoons.

Timothy

Already finished this on PS4.

Shitty Direct so far

H A R D   O N

Tim your the ultimate buzz kill

Disney 'miss me with that g** sh**' Tsum Tsum

Timothy

No idea why I still have the Switch. Can play all these games on my PS4 and WiiU

Slide it down a grid mate walkaway