Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:32:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Things That Make You Feel Old

Started by Small Man Big Horse, February 13, 2019, 10:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Video Game Fan 2000

Here's one: no longer worried about mentioning that I find a person younger than me attractive in case they're a teenager. What my brain registers as "attractive younger person" is likely pushing 30.

Video Game Fan 2000

Oh bloody hell thats a bit much for a top page. And I posted some innocuous fizzy drinks nonsense right before.

phes

Can't be bothered with people who have opinions. It's all so exhausting

Pink Gregory

Noisy ankles, like football rattles they are.

Fr.Bigley

My missus being in her 20s and me looking like a coked up Ken Barlow.

Sebastian Cobb

Holby City getting binned off after 23 years. I still quite vividly remember it started as my mum was quite an avid Casualty watcher.

Icehaven

Chedney Honks

Quote from: phes on June 03, 2021, 09:29:28 PM
Can't be bothered with people who have opinions. It's all so exhausting

Amen.

Nobody is impressed by your performative rant.

Just be quiet until you learn that nobody cares how much you dislike some media.

evilcommiedictator

Young people who haven't seen The Matrix (or who were born after it)

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

What's that band called.... sound like a sort of cross between Slint and Los Campesinos....Black Country , New Road? I've heard some of their stuff, and It's quite decent, but looking at some pictures of them, they all look so fucking * young* ; and it occurs to me that their equally as young fans digging their Post- Rock sound will have been born * after* , for example, Mogwai released their third album, that sort of thing.

Bloody Hell.

Bently Sheds

My youngest kid just left home. Feel old, man.

Icehaven

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on June 04, 2021, 08:11:13 AM
What's that band called.... sound like a sort of cross between Slint and Los Campesinos....Black Country , New Road? I've heard some of their stuff, and It's quite decent, but looking at some pictures of them, they all look so fucking * young* ; and it occurs to me that their equally as young fans digging their Post- Rock sound will have been born * after* , for example, Mogwai released their third album, that sort of thing.

Bloody Hell.

There's a road near my house called Black Country New Road. I mean it's useful if you're going between West Brom and Dudley but it's a bit much to name your band after it.

Kankurette

The kids from the Charlie Bit Me video are now teenagers.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: icehaven on June 03, 2021, 09:04:39 PM
Was just chatting with my band about drummers, John Entwistle was mentioned and someone said "He died recently-ish didn't he?" and the rest of us generally said yeah, it was about 5-6 years ago. Then I looked it up, and it was 2002. No idea why we were all convinced it was 5 years ago, either we just assumed it was 2016 because that's when everyone died or we're just in denial about time going so fucking fast.
He was a bass player.

Thomas

DrGreggles

Fr.Bigley

Utter contempt for anyone under 35 and absolute hatred for anyone over 45. Know it all cunts vs know it all cunts.

The baby in the sun on Teletubbies has a baby of her own. Google it.

Icehaven

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on June 05, 2021, 12:10:31 AM
He was a bass player.

Yes I realised that after, I think the conversation just rolled over somehow.

MoreauVasz

Streaming.

It reminds me of when, as a kid, you'd go around to a mate's place and they'd have a new console or a new game and you'd wind up sitting there watching them play. The idea of someone a) inventing technology to recreate this dynamic, b)  people adopting the technology en masse, and c) people making sizeable incomes from playing games in front of people are all completely baffling to me.

Then I saw that some wazzock who plays fifa is now going to have a boxing match with someone else and people are shovelling money at the enterprise makes me despair. I don't understand any of it in the slightest.

olliebean

Alex Lowe's wrinkled old face and balding head on This Time With Alan Partridge last night. It won't be too long before he doesn't need the prosthetics to play Barry at this rate. Same age as me.