Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:52:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

'Funny' 'comedy' 'songs' in stand up

Started by Captain Z, February 14, 2019, 12:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thenoise

Fuck it, this is too impressively shit to be stuck in the 'old' thread. I suffered so you have to too.

Quote from: thenoise on February 14, 2019, 07:56:14 PM
More than you could wish to know about 'soy boys' in this unfunny ode by yank 'comedian' Owen Benjamin. And they say conservatives aren't funny! (They're right)

Ok it's a YouTube video, but he is a comic and he has performed it on stage, believe it or not.

rasta-spouse

Quote from: thenoise on February 15, 2019, 07:00:14 PM
this is too impressively shit

Cripes. So this is alt-right comedy? Are "soy boys" enough of thing to write a 3min song on?

On the plus side the song does have that maudlin quality that the songs on the Mary Whitehouse Experience had. But those songs were about knowing someone who had once met Brian Clough or something.

Ornlu

Quote from: rasta-spouse on February 14, 2019, 04:49:46 PM
(2) Harry Hill coming on singing pop music ironically

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard; I could teach you, but I'd have to charge.

I do require a small charge for that service.

BritishHobo

9k likes for that soyboy song, to 200 dislikes. No fucking justice in this world.

I'll put in another vote for Bo Burnham. Unlike most people who bust out an instrument, he's always got a great reason for doing a certain song, the style of music always plays into what the routine is actually about, and links everything together in a way that genuinely wouldn't work if it was just a routine. His country music song, Pandering is a lovely fucking thing, real anger and brilliance in there, but a stupidly catchy little country tune, too.

Also I will be forever futilely frustrated that Stewart Lee's McIntyre song ends with that interruption with the bloke walking out, because I always wanted to download a full copy to just have as a song. I briefly considered figuring out how to edit tracks purely so I could cut that ending out and loop the chorus again. But I couldn't be arsed.

DrGreggles

Quote from: BritishHobo on February 16, 2019, 07:00:47 PM
Also I will be forever futilely frustrated that Stewart Lee's McIntyre song ends with that interruption with the bloke walking out, because I always wanted to download a full copy to just have as a song. I briefly considered figuring out how to edit tracks purely so I could cut that ending out and loop the chorus again. But I couldn't be arsed.

If you've got a rip of the audio I'll try to edit it, if you want?