Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:45:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Being Confident

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, February 15, 2019, 06:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Various people have pointed out to me that I can be a right charming old cunt when I want to be, and should play up to this, instead of acting like the self loathing cunt that I essentially am.
How confident do you lot feel about yerselves ?

ToneLa

When I cry myself to sleep, rocking on my floor grasping my knees to my chest just praying for oblivion because the world is such a fucked, awful, negative shithole, gotta say, self-criticism doesn't bleed in too often!

Naw, me? Sound fella. Not aware of it to the extent you'd think I was American, mind. That's too confident. Yes, confident and a little racist to hold it back - the perfect mix.

Small Man Big Horse

I'm far too confident. No idea why, I wasn't as a kid / teenager, but perhaps it's something to do with not giving a toss if people I don't know don't like me. And those that do, well, I care about their feelings but I give them an evaluation form after each meeting and so far only one of them has called me a cunt. And that's the story of the time I met Lisa Jesusandmarychain.*

*I haven't in fact yet met him, but I'm sure he'll call me a cunt when I do. Indeed I'll be disappointed if he doesn't.

Johnny Textface

Confidence is a preference.

Twed

Sometimes I confident and I lead rooms full of people etc., sometimes I am mousey and small. I think that forcing yourself to always appear confident is somebody else's unnecessary requirement of you.

Sebastian Cobb

People mistake my apathy for confidence.

Also at work I've always assumed I'm on the brink of leaving or getting sacked, which people have assumed is some confidence/special insight.

ToneLa

Tags: Ask me when I'm coked up and I'll tell you ALL about it

thenoise

I find consuming alcohol helps.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Johnny Textface on February 15, 2019, 06:58:11 PM
Confidence is a preference.

For the habitual voyeur of what is known as

Buelligan

Chock full of it.  Disgusting.  I don't think I'm god's gift, I'm just happy with who I am and never feel at a disadvantage or anything like that.  Which is quite odd because I'm poor, have a job (several jobs) that almost everyone would despise but I just feel like I'm equal to anyone, nothing daunts me and I don't give much of a fuck.

pancreas

^ more-or-less how I feel. I do try to be nice to people, but I also tell them how it is. I don't hold back, if you will. Whether it's my Head of School, the Vice-Chancellor, the MP, friends, family, you name it ... I just tell them how it is. I used to struggle with authority—fearing it and hating it. Now the fear of authority has completely died and I just say what I want to whomever I like. Will probably get into trouble eventually, but fuck it.

Sebastian Cobb

I tell people what I think they want to hear because that's the easiest way to be left alone. #winning

jobotic

It's good to tell people how it is but what if you're not confident that you know how it is? What then?

pancreas

I couldn't possibly speak to that state of affairs. I know how it is.

rasta-spouse

I'm alright most of the time but I'm not very confident in front of Colonels.

Bennett Brauer

Confidence is not in Doing or Becoming, but in Being. According to Narada Michael Walden, any road.

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: pancreas on February 16, 2019, 04:36:44 PM
^ more-or-less how I feel. I do try to be nice to people, but I also tell them how it is. I don't hold back, if you will. Whether it's my Head of School, the Vice-Chancellor, the MP, friends, family, you name it ... I just tell them how it is. I used to struggle with authority—fearing it and hating it. Now the fear of authority has completely died and I just say what I want to whomever I like. Will probably get into trouble eventually, but fuck it.
Reported to mods.

Sebastian Cobb

I'm too stoned for this pub. Send help.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

If you are struggling to convey confidence end as many sentences as possible with "...arse off the cunt".

Sebastian Cobb

I live in Scotland, that's basically a mating ritual.

McFlymo

Slowly learning that my lack of confidence is actually just a lack of faith in most of the absolute shite people spew at me, expecting me to either accept it as fact or respond to it as though I have anything more than total scepticism for their entire worldview.

Park life!

Quote from: ToneLa on February 15, 2019, 06:30:50 PM
the world is such a fucked, awful, negative shithole

don't students ever grow out of this bollocks?

Mr. Internet

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts on February 16, 2019, 09:18:37 PM

There speaks the paragon of well-adjusted. Aren't you ever going to grow out of this trolling bollocks?

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts on February 16, 2019, 09:18:37 PM

Yes students are a "bag of shite" aren't they. Bloody students. You know what Taliban means in the Queen's English?

That's right. Students.

You couldn't make it up.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 15, 2019, 07:04:01 PM
People mistake my apathy for confidence.

Also at work I've always assumed I'm on the brink of leaving or getting sacked, which people have assumed is some confidence/special insight.

same, + having done it for so long & seen things these people wouldn't believe, work is just something that eats into my time too much & pays for the toys.

different with playing music though. still get a bit nervous before going on stage, but then the old "fuck it, let's go" kicks in & unless there's a major tech problem, I just get lost in what we're doing.

Epic Bisto

Confidence is a cunt's trick.  All you need is self-loathing and stubbornness.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Epic Bisto on February 16, 2019, 09:37:56 PM
Confidence is a cunt's trick.  All you need is self-loathing and stubbornness.

Stick your advice up your hoop. I'm not worth it.

Mr Farenheit

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 15, 2019, 07:04:01 PM

You are Charles Bukowski and I claim my 5 pounds

Quote from: FactotumI always started a job with the feeling that I'd soon quit or be fired, and this gave me a relaxed manner that was mistaken for intelligence or some secret power.