Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:45:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Being Confident

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, February 15, 2019, 06:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twed

Quote from: Epic Bisto on February 16, 2019, 09:37:56 PM
Confidence is a cunt's trick.  All you need is self-loathing and stubbornness.
Too obvious for a "Parklife!", really.

monolith

A mate of mine has a trick where just in his own head, he pretends to be the manager of wherever he is.

So he will say good evening to everyone that walks in, ask people how their night is and even start speaking to staff as though he knows them. Says it's the only way he can muster up the courage to talk to anyone.

touchingcloth

I'm naturally very shy (I think I mentioned in the wedding thread that I flat out refused to do any speeches of any length whatsoever at my own), but as I've got older I'm much, much more confident in small social groups. I think this is mainly because I no longer feel like there's anyone I need to impress, whereas in my school days I was very much not a cool kid and so there was always pressure involved in any situation that involved the cooler kids.

I think university was where it all started to change. I was able to hang out with people I actively got on well with, and everyone was starting at the same time in an environment much larger than school and one which didn't involve the same 30 people crammed together for six hours a day, so there wasn't really time for anyone to become known as a cool kid. Getting home during holidays, essentially all of the old classroom tensions disappeared when seeing people I'd have once been in some kind of awe at after a long break away from them.

Emma Raducanu

I think I'm losing confidence. Always thought it'd be the opposite. I feel like I'm going to age well; think I'll make a decent old man. Looking forward to spending my time in the garden doing crosswords and going for walks in the countryside away from everyone. I used to love being around people but usually just feel stressed nowadays and prefer getting away from it all.

The Lurker

Personally, I have a confidence issue whereby I hate myself but I still think that I'm better than everyone else.

Lord Mandrake

"She's on the way out"
"We all are, act accordingly"