Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:31:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Twitch Streamers

Started by Operty1, February 15, 2019, 08:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Operty1

Anyone watch any Twitch? Are the donations real? Some guy just supposedly got a 560 dollar donation, and I've seen others get in the thousands. Why would someone do that? If I gave a Twitch streamer 500 quid, what would I get for that? Also what are gifted subs?

Also any streamer recommendations? Is it mostly just video games?

Barry Admin

Yes they're real, check out the works of Mr Beast to see more of that high roller shit. People throw money at streamers just to get noticed. This is true even when the streamers are already rich from YouTube etc, eg Boogie and Keemstar still get people with much less money than they have donating to them.

I don't watch the streams live myself, but occasionally have some highlights playing on YouTube while I play games. Lately I've really been enjoying Asmongold, who is mostly a World of Warcraft streamer, although I've always avoided that game. He's just entertaining regardless, and has recently branched out into playing stuff like Dark Souls, so watching his struggles with non-WoW games has been fascinating.

chveik

oops

Cuellar

All twitch streamers are idiots and wankers, without exception. Children, all of them.

Cuntbeaks

Is this the ULTIMATE Shot Fur Cants?

Barry Admin

No, it's just another form of entertainment. Great when it's done well.

idunnosomename

I seem to remember watching someone else playing a video game as the most boring experience ever

Not sure why its become so popular. Maybe they say funny things I guess

Thursday

I've been watching some of the streams from the guys on The Computer Game Show podcast lately, which have been good because there's a small audience that returns to it,that chat  usually has a coherent flow, age range of people in chat tends to be late 20-30's. Gives sort of a similar community feeling to me that CaB Radio did, but that's quite a specific atypical thing.

Barry Admin

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 17, 2019, 09:30:01 AM
I seem to remember watching someone else playing a video game as the most boring experience ever

Two basic reasons for popularity: 1) they're incredibly good at the game they're playing and people love to see their skill and/or 2) they're funny or entertaining people. So yeah, you're correct.

Another good example - who fits right in the middle here - is Summit1G, again, I tend to watch some of his highlights on YouTube. I believe he recently became the top Twitch streamer after getting entirely bored of playing Fortnite, and went back to playing games he wanted to play, instead of the most popular ones with stream viewers. So he got into Sea of Thieves and has been having a huge amount of fun, and recently people watched him spending two hours hiding behind a chair on a ship before finally springing a surprise attack on the guys who owned it.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 17, 2019, 09:30:01 AM

Thats how I spent the majority of my time on holiday in the 80s. Camped in the arcade, my pocket money wouldnt last long so I'd wander round for the rest of the night watching everyone else play, checking for unused credits, playing along to attract mode, that kind of thing. Lovely fucking grub.