Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:21:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Don Draper?

Started by garnish, February 16, 2019, 12:06:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garnish

More like Don Advertising amirite!

My question is, should grown men be using hair gel? He looks like he stinks of lynx africa.

Lost Oliver

I'm all for a Dissing Don thread because everyone seems to fancy him and it makes me feel inept.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Lost Oliver on February 16, 2019, 12:14:22 AM
I'm all for a Dissing Don thread because everyone seems to fancy him and it makes me feel inept.

I just rushed through all 3 series of Toast a couple of weeks back. The series really fell apart after the 1st season, but the low point was when they resorted to Draper as a cameo (everyone fancied him). Mind you still some good episodes in the 3rd season before people pile on.

Lost Oliver

Loved the first episode of Toast and then after that it just didn't hit me the same way. I remember laughing out at the pilot. Not sure what was so different about the rest of it.

Either way, good to know that I can now say that Don ruined Toast AND stinks of Lynx.

Urinal Cake

In the end what was it all about? Career, cheating and children. In that order.

I think it's a testament to Jon Hamm's charisma and acting that Don Draper is somewhat likeable. It's also a testament to January Jones' acting that people found Betty Draper unsympathetic.

All Surrogate

I like his medley of Christ the Lord is Risen Today and That's Amore.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Lost Oliver on February 16, 2019, 12:21:53 AM
Loved the first episode of Toast and then after that it just didn't hit me the same way. I remember laughing out at the pilot. Not sure what was so different about the rest of it.

Either way, good to know that I can now say that Don ruined Toast AND stinks of Lynx.

Doon replaced the agent from the pilot

chveik

Quote from: Urinal Cake on February 16, 2019, 12:40:46 AM
In the end what was it all about? Booze, cigs, career, cheating and children. In that order.

ftfy

Bennett Brauer

It's old school manly Brylcreem.

Noonling

Thought this was gonna be another #cancelled thread (for Jon Hamm obviously, not Don Draper).

paruses

Quote from: garnish on February 16, 2019, 12:06:49 AM
My question is, should grown men be using hair gel? He looks like he stinks of lynx africa.

No you're wrong. He would use pomade and stink of cologne. Bye.

hedgehog90

Quote from: Noonling on February 16, 2019, 09:00:25 AM
Thought this was gonna be another #cancelled thread (for Jon Hamm obviously, not Don Draper).

I've never seen Mad Men, but whenever I see his name I think 'donned raper', so he's always been #cancelled for me.

Noonling

Quote from: hedgehog90 on February 16, 2019, 11:04:14 AM
I've never seen Mad Men, but whenever I see his name I think 'donned raper', so he's always been #cancelled for me.

I think people were teetering on having him cancelled for setting a man's jeans on fire, shoving his face in dirt and striking him with a paddle.  Possibly leading the guy around with the claw of a hammer beneath his genitals, but its not clear if he did that himself, or someone else involved did and he just watched.

Did Don Draper ever do that? Who should be more #cancelled?

Stoneage Dinosaurs

[geordie accent] Donald Draper from Mad Men!

Mr Banlon

Nah, Vitalis and Tabac

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: paruses on February 16, 2019, 09:49:15 AM
No you're wrong. He would use pomade and stink of cologne. Bye.

Exactly. Hair gel and Lynx Africa didn't exist in the 1960s, and Don wouldn't use them even if they did. He's an expensively coiffed and scented manly man's man (who reeks of cologne, fags, bourbon and sex).

mothman

I do feel like he needs a bit if focus in his career. Much of what he's done since feels like either stunt casting or cameos, whether ironic or comedic or both. Sure Don Draper is one of those once-in-a-lifetime roles, but still.

See also: James Gandolfini - well, sort of... he conversely seemed to be doing a lot better at getting past his once-in-a-lifetime role. Before his actual life crash-cut to black, anyway.