Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 07:22:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Radcliffe and Maconie Weekend Mornings

Started by Satchmo Distel, February 16, 2019, 09:59:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I like the more laidback tracklists they have in this slot. They seem to get to pick more tracks that they truly enjoy, as in their old Radio 2 slot.

OTOH they clearly hate having to get up so early and I think it is making them tetchy already.

Morrison Lard

Keep forgetting this is even on.

Not listened to 6 music at all this year in the daytime since they pissed it all about.

daf

Here's some of the best bits I boiled down from the previous couple of weeks shows : https://we.tl/t-iDCmrRYsMI

1. Radcliffe phones in - Knocker Upper - The "Eschew" Sketch (8 mins)
2. Owen MD / Arabian Knights / Syd Little chat (12 mins)

I though Mark was singing 'OMD' until I twigged.

Janie Jones

Quote from: Morrison Lard on February 16, 2019, 03:27:21 PM

Not listened to 6 music at all this year in the daytime since they pissed it all about.

Same here. I have a swift and terrible reaction to the spectacularly boring Mary Anne Hobbs and her breathy sycophantic delivery if I catch her in the morning, she makes me feel physically sick. So I've gone over to Radio 1 Extra and Radio X and I tend to stay swapping between those two, even though I quite like Shaun W Keaveney and his tiresome yes-it's-a-shambles-but-I don't-blimmin'-well-care-and-to-prove-it-here's-some-dead-air schtick who replaced RadMac. I miss the old boys but not enough to listen retrospective on BBC Sounds.

garnish

I've found Mary Ann Hobbs to be alright in the end, I did avoid her for a while because of her airy fairy schtick and how every artist is just amazing, but actually she plays more music than most so you barely have to listen to her.

iamcoop

Quote from: garnish on February 17, 2019, 02:36:28 PM
I've found Mary Ann Hobbs to be alright in the end, I did avoid her for a while because of her airy fairy schtick and how every artist is just amazing, but actually she plays more music than most so you barely have to listen to her.

Her style can be off putting but MAH plays the best music by far out of all the daytime DJ's in my opinion.

I'll always have a soft spot for her because her Radio 1 rock show years ago basically shaped a massive amount of my musical taste to this day. Staying up late and hearing Soup is good food by Dead Kennedys blew my 12 year old mind.

Anyway Keaveney should've gone to weekend breakfast, not RadMac.