Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:40:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Exercise

Started by Twed, February 16, 2019, 03:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twed

You'll be there won't you, turning your legs or shaking your arms or having your legs runned out. Blood pumping, adrenaline flowing and then hearing KT Tunstall "Suddenly I See" on the radio and really getting into it, like you're a regular person who actually likes things.

Bollocks.

rasta-spouse

Quote from: Twed on February 16, 2019, 03:33:36 PM
You'll be there won't you, turning your legs or shaking your arms or having your legs runned out. Blood pumping, adrenaline flowing and then hearing KT Tunstall "Suddenly I See" on the radio and really getting into it, like you're a regular person who actually likes things.

alternative The Rembrandts lyrics

thenoise

Tried some once, felt dreadful afterwards. Can't be healthy.

Going to train shortly in my luxuriously appointed home gym (garage). I'll post pics to premium subscribers.

Sebastian Cobb

Can't get my head round excersise for no reason. I cycle and walk places instead of getting public transport or driving, why don't people incorporate exercise in their daily lives?

Like Stallone in Over the Top.

thenoise

CAUS I"VE G0T A CAR!!!111

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 16, 2019, 06:33:27 PM
Can't get my head round excersise for no reason. I cycle and walk places instead of getting public transport or driving, why don't people incorporate exercise in their daily lives?

In summer I guess it's too hot to be doing that en route to work or social events etc. Also people exercise to achieve specific things, muscle gain for example which can more easily be attained in a gym than by wrenching bollards out of the ground on your way to the clap clinic.

Buelligan

I don't go to the gym, no time, no money, no gym.  I exercise from morning to night by work and getting myself there, I'm firm as an eel and shocking strong for such a skinny one. 

I used to love some of the machines they have though, I have tried them, the rowing one, with the water you can force to spin quicker and quicker until the water cannot bear it and the one you can press to make the imaginary hill you're running up steeper until it pops your heart, the one for skiing on all your limbs and the goal free all terrain bicycle.  I'd do it again if I was trapped but I prefer the mountain.

Twed

There's beauty in the simplicity of a kettlebell. Cardio and strength in one thrifty lump of iron.

I was in serious danger of enjoying the Clock version of Oh What A Night in the swing of things today, but I'm not that far gone yet.

greenman

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 16, 2019, 06:33:27 PM

At least sustained exercise is I'd say better as a lifestyle choice, more likely people will stick with it.

I'v gone the middle class Stallone route recently for harder/shorter work using two large bags of cat litter as weights.

Dr Trouser

Just been for a run. Was alright. Bit hungry now though.

ToneLa

I've walked four miles this morning already. I've seen a horse and a robin!

poo

Hilly 70k on the bike this morning. Probably drink like fuck for the rest of the day.

Squats and bench presses last night followed shortly afterwards by five cans of Holsten Pils and chicken curry. The bench presses appear to have made me mildly flatulent this morning.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Buelligan on February 17, 2019, 08:17:25 AM
, the rowing one, with the water you can force to spin quicker and quicker until the water cannot bear it and

My water cannot bear it, makes me have to go for a wee.

sex pest shows bad form, earlier

idunnosomename

I tried taking up exercise. i bought a headband, a loose-fitting vest and one of those stretchy spring things. my chest hair got trapped in the spring thing so I threw it all in the bin. keep-fit? looks like i'll be keeping FAT!

haha *applause*

*credits*

Me, going for the burn last night. No pain, no gain.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: poo on February 17, 2019, 09:54:28 AM
Hilly 70k on the bike this morning

Decent work with a goblin and Haynes manual mid-up your tract

Twed

Quote from: ToneLa on February 17, 2019, 09:52:48 AM
I've walked four miles this morning already. I've seen a horse and a robin!
Doesn't count unless you lifted them.

Buelligan

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Buelligan

At least you're not Motherwell train station.

thenoise

My friend had one of those things with pads that you stick to your stomach while you watch TV and it gives you little electric shocks until you get the six pack all ladies love.  Suppos d to use it for 10 mins at a time, had it on all through El Cid. Tummy hurt the next day but still flabby. Waste of fucking time.

flotemysost

I think this is a city malaise: I'm slim and reasonably fit but for some reason the topic of exercise makes me feel horribly insecure - specifically, seeing everyone smugly Instagramming their glistening beetroot mugs ('Another amazing vinyasa sesh #nopainnogain') before, inevitably, a meal they've thus 'earned' ('Can't wait for this #postworkout #burger #getinmabelly') or similar bollocks.

Despite evidence that it's actually better for you to incorporate bits of gentle excercise throughout the day than to save it all up for one burst (and be a sedentary deskbound slug for the rest of it), I often feel inferior to these Gym People.

I did get referred to a free month of Class Pass recently so I've been going to some things, the last one I genuinely thought was going to kill me but the instructor (a 40-something bloke) had one of those amazing gravity-defying arses, so maybe there's something in it.

Twed

I think the Peloton Bike is about to be pushed hard in the UK. Please enjoy a world where "smart bike" is a thing.

(The technocracy of it aside, I think it's actually an OK idea if you've got spare money)

Twed

I may as well own up to the fact that this entire thread is a big ruse to cover up my shame for buying a Peloton.

a duncandisorderly

axle-stand for the bike at home. won't cycle outside in london. bad knees anyway, after years of OBs & recording sessions.
GP once asked me if I exercised. "not deliberately", I said.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Twed on February 17, 2019, 07:38:49 PM
I may as well own up to the fact that this entire thread is a big ruse to cover up my shame for buying a Peloton.

The ads strongly hint that Peloton comes with a screen for the purpose of putting networked boobs in the face. Does it provide boobs in the face?

Twed

Hmm. Arses, man bottoms, lady wabs, shonglies and curmutches.