Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:34:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

#Cancelled 2019 #Cancelled?

Started by Thursday, February 16, 2019, 09:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thursday

Is this some clever joke, or was it deemed unnecessary now that there's a dozen other cancelled threads? Which I would think is what Barry Admin would prefer anyway.

Am I going to get #cancelled for asking about this?

Barry Admin

That thread was a perfect example of why I don't like the kind of overly general thread that stays on the front page of the forum constantly. Firstly, I get sick of looking at them, and end up just not reading them unless I'm bored or I get reports about them. So add that one on to the Brexit, Theresa May, Corbyn, Trump etc threads and it already feels like I'm basically skipping over most of the contents on here every day.

The main problem also is how those threads then swallow up many other interesting discussions, and get jammed full of stuff people are coy about - the CaB "this isn't worth a thread" syndrome, where people dig up a thread from years ago instead of just starting a new one, because they don't want to feel blamed for a thread that doesn't go anywhere, or whatever.

So what you had with that thread was a complete change in direction already - over the course of a month it changed from being a thread about predicting who might get "cancelled" in 2019, to becoming the de facto place to post anything and everything about anyone getting "cancelling."

Net result, I have to read a crap list thread every day looking for anything actually interesting that needs split off into a discussion.

Threads shouldn't be constantly bumped, it's a constant battle on here to find where the discussion is actually taking place. If something "isn't worth starting a thread for", then it's probsbly not worth tacking ontp the end of a permanently-bumped list thread either. Or maybe it is? Start a thread and find out, but please, less of the endless threads constantly clogging up the first page of the forum, they just make me so bored. I clicked into a sub forum today and saw a 6 year old thread still being regularly bumped. I envy the dedication but sadly don't share it, looking at the same stuff day in day out is stifling and makes CaB a chore and a bore - for me.