Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:59:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Lego Movie 2 (2019)

Started by DukeDeMondo, February 16, 2019, 10:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

Mister Six

Watched it yesterday and thought it was pretty delightful, although it failed to best the original in the way that Lord and Miller's 22 Jump Street topped 21 Jump Street. I don't see a reason for this to continue (and the lack of a stinger, unlike the first movie, suggests they think the same).

Still, it's packed with great jokes and characters, the justification for the Mad Max world is brilliant, and even the meta stuff about Chris Pratt got chuckles out of me. Well worth watching if you enjoyed the first.

SavageHedgehog

I've enjoyed all of the (Theatrically released) Lego Movies. It was easily the weakest of the lot and probably a big mistake commercially but I thought the Ninjago one got a bum rap, it had a lot more going on than the better reviewed likes of Sing and Secret Life of Pets.

This one is underperforming; a shame, I'd be up for more

BlodwynPig

Quote from: SavageHedgehog on February 21, 2019, 05:57:35 PM
I've enjoyed all of the (Theatrically released) Lego Movies. It was easily the weakest of the lot and probably a big mistake commercially but I thought the Ninjago one got a bum rap, it had a lot more going on than the better reviewed likes of Sing and Secret Life of Pets.

This one is underperforming; a shame, I'd be up for more

Lego: Explore the limits of your imagination.
Lego: The adventure starts at home.

Lego: These days you don't need to even own any lego to have an adventure with lego

Replies From View

Lego:  can't easily just buy a bunch of Lego, need to buy kits of it to make specific things

ToneLa

I wish they did a Lego movie in the 80s instead. Stop motion maybe

Crabwalk

There are loads of stop motion lego films out there. Some are likely made or set in the 80s.

They replicate the look of stop motion incredibly well in the Lego Movies. I went into the first one not knowing it was CG and spent most of the film trying to work out how they'd made such an elaborate stop motion film.

phantom_power

Does anyone think Pratt was doing his best Kurt Russell impression?

Small Man Big Horse

This is now available online for those like me who couldn't cope with the idea of seeing it in a cinema filled with annoying children.

alan nagsworth

This thread's fucking banging. I'm really digging the fact that people are looking at a film called The Lego Movie which is absolutely fucking chock full to the brim of Lego and squawking "I cannot fucking believe this film is about Lego!" Especially when they haven't seen it. Have you bothered to see it? If you did then you'd know that its exterior is just abstract conceptual and it's actually a live action film about deep sea drilling.

Also fuck off if you think that a movie which in any way upsells Lego is a bad thing. "Wah wah capitalism's awful!" WRONG. Lego's amazing. The world's best toy. Everyone should buy the fuck out of it and have a great time making stuff out of it.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: alan nagsworth on March 09, 2019, 12:46:57 PM
This thread's fucking banging. I'm really digging the fact that people are looking at a film called The Lego Movie which is absolutely fucking chock full to the brim of Lego and squawking "I cannot fucking believe this film is about Lego!" Especially when they haven't seen it. Have you bothered to see it? If you did then you'd know that its exterior is just abstract conceptual and it's actually a live action film about deep sea drilling.

Also fuck off if you think that a movie which in any way upsells Lego is a bad thing. "Wah wah capitalism's awful!" WRONG. Lego's amazing. The world's best toy. Everyone should buy the fuck out of it and have a great time making stuff out of it.

Christ. You really are the most liberally minded person on this forum. Let us moan.

alan nagsworth

BlodwynPig

Quote from: alan nagsworth on March 09, 2019, 04:34:06 PM
No. I forbid it.

gah!

I wholeheartedly applaud this movie and the invigorating cinematic experience that I have yet to bear witness to.

Replies From View

Quote from: alan nagsworth on March 09, 2019, 12:46:57 PM

Check out the guy who can't imagine anyone being unable to afford infinite Lego.

Crabwalk

I've been waiting ages for the cavalry to arrive, and in strides Nags with the truthbombs. RUN FOR COVER BLODDERS AND RFV.

alan nagsworth

They're stepping barefoot on to my Lego bricks of truth and boy does it hurt.

Small Man Big Horse

I pretty much agree with the good Duke's review on the first page, the first bit in the Mad Max-esque world had me concerned as it's a bit flat but once they bugger off and explore the rest of the universe it becomes a real joy, there's so many fantastic jokes and lovely sequences that it made me grin throughout, when I wasn't laughing which I did an awful lot. As mentioned above I don't think there's any real need for a third film, but if they can think up a really great plot for it I wouldn't be against such a thing.