Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 12:08:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New centrist party?

Started by biggytitbo, February 18, 2019, 08:52:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToneLa

I'd bin the Centrist cat.

For the YouTube fame, mainly.

And so the standard is lowered for the new page.

ToneLa

Jaw. Dropped.

Luciana? How could y... Oh.

biggytitbo

I reckon its just an ERG style group within labour.

biggytitbo

'Heavily pregnant' Luciana Berger, they're going to sit as independents.

It's very rich of them to say Labour no longer represent their values, rather than them no longer representing labour values.

This is just a pathetic temper tantrum. And really overplaying the antisemitism card too.

Fambo Number Mive

"The Independent Group". Sounds like a PR firm.

biggytitbo

"We look forward to working together for our great country".

Israel?

I'd have gone with: 'dismal collection of nonentities'.

TFM must be wanking himself silly over this.

Fambo Number Mive

Tories must be delighted. A distraction from their incompetence on Brexit. Have they reached out to any Tory MPs to join them? No, because that would harm the Tory Party.

ToneLa

The Independent Group:

- @ChukaUmunna
- @MikeGapes
- @lucianaberger
- @anncoffey_mp
- @ChrisLeslieMP
- @gavinshuker
- @angelasmithmp

(Turns off TV and fucks off back to bed, missing nothing)

biggytitbo

All of the first 3 prominent members of Labour Friends of Israel.

thugler

Openly saying that they don't want labour to win an election. What monstrous twats.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Are Progress going to stop pretending to be Labour now too?

biggytitbo

biggytitbo

"Our values no longer find expression in todays broken politics"

It was your 'values' that broke the politics you daft sod.

Crisps?

Got that, 13 million people who wanted Corbyn as PM? We know better than you. Even the official Tories wouldn't attack Labour like these crazies. The good thing is nobody will give a fuck about them.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Given they are just continuing as independents, Labour will simply gain their seats back at the next election won't they, and they will be cast into the wilderness/obtain directorships.

ToneLa

So they're all standing as independents while being, I expect when it suits, loosely affiliated?

This reeks of pointlessness

pancreas

I hope these people die of the worst possible aids.

hedgehog90

This has a similar quality to watching children speaking in assembly, describing their school trip abroad.

greenman

Quote from: biggytitbo on February 18, 2019, 09:10:43 AM

Not sure how it could possibly be worse than them actively trying to lose an election from within the Labour party?

You could also of course have had the potential for it happening after a Labour GE win to scupper a majority so yeah I can see the case this could be the least worst option if it happens although nothing really seems that clear cut.

You could argue that really the weakness of the establishment has been when it over reaches, Cameron calling the referendum, Labour pushing to the right for the leadership election in 2015, Smith challenging Corbyn in 2016 and the GE in 2017. Its strength tends to be slowly picking away using near blanket news coverage to slowly try and shift public opinion over years but acting too openly too soon risks exposure and as you say a bunch of millionaires and failed Blairites doesn't seem the most inspiring choice although I can see a lot of the media class thinking otherwise.

What you could see as well I'd say is the potential for the gloves to come off from Corbyn, thus far he's had to be diplomatic if there within the same party but a new party would be fair game just as the Lib Dems are.

ToneLa

Biggy plz change thread title to New Centrist Party People

biggytitbo

Most people watching this as each one gets up to speak - "who?"

Replies From View

Quote from: hedgehog90 on February 18, 2019, 10:27:13 AM
This has a similar quality to watching children speaking in assembly, describing their school trip abroad to the local shops.

biggytitbo

Unpleasent Gapes on the stage now.

thugler

They don't even seem to be mentioning brexit much. Why have they chosen this moment ffs. Cunts.

Crisps?

Did someone ask for the life stories of these nobodies?

biggytitbo

"I am sickened that the labour party is now a racist and anti-semitic party"

Jesus, how is anyone meant to take them seriously?

pancreas

Jerzy Bondov

Standing down from acting like a bell end to concentrate on acting like a tosser

Replies From View

The feeling - or the hope - is that they have pulled this trigger too soon, so Labour now have time to recover from it before the next general election.

This was the ace they were keeping up their sleeve for god knows how long, and this is the most damage I think they have the potential to inflict.  So let's just see what happens.