Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 12:21:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New centrist party?

Started by biggytitbo, February 18, 2019, 08:52:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToneLa

Chukka will now give a stirring rendition of Martine McCutcheon's 'Perfect Moment'

biggytitbo

Quote from: thugler on February 18, 2019, 10:30:16 AM
They don't even seem to be mentioning brexit much. Why have they chosen this moment ffs. Cunts.

I'm sure its 90% the threat Corbyn represents to Israel, NATO, endless neocon wars etc.

Phil_A

A mate of mine knew Shuker at 6th Form College, and I'm pretty sure he has some dirt on him. All I know is he was as much of a slimy creep then as now.

Fambo Number Mive

Lib Dems already happy on Twitter.

Quote from: biggytitbo on February 18, 2019, 10:31:28 AM
"I am sickened that the labour party is now a racist and anti-semitic party"

FFS.

pancreas

Quote from: biggytitbo on February 18, 2019, 10:32:31 AM

I'm sure its 90% the threat Corbyn represents to Israel, NATO, endless neocon wars etc.

This is my analysis too.

biggytitbo

Failed politician Chukka given us a lecture about the failure of politics.

What does them sitting as independents mean? Absolutely fuck all?

pancreas

I think the thing to do is to call them SDP2 at all possible opportunities, point out they're the 80s throwback and they'll have exactly the same effect.

biggytitbo

Crisps?

I don't want to vote for a racist party. How many black MPs does the TIG have? Almost one?

Replies From View

biggytitbo

"I've been fighting battles on twitter..."

Jesus Gapes, you are an abortion.

pancreas

That website looks like a Google site.

Mobius

Urinal Cake

What are we for? The status quo! When do we want it? Like it was 20 years ago!

Crisps?

Quote from: pancreas on February 18, 2019, 10:37:04 AM
I think the thing to do is to call them SDP2 at all possible opportunities, point out they're the 80s throwback and they'll have exactly the same effect.

Comparing them to a genuine serious party (SDP) is a bad idea. They're a joke. Best thing is to treat it like the irrelevance it is.

Pseudopath

Some woeful cropping on that logo too:

Hopefully they'll go the same way as The Independent Newspaper.

biggytitbo

"Our politics is broken", bit rich trying to ride an advertising slogan based on the ruins of a politics they broke.

Are we sure Campbell isn't involved here somewhere? It's got him and Mandleson written all over it.

Fambo Number Mive

Their statement is empty of actual policies aside from giving more power to local government, it's just stuff like "We need to protect the environment" and "We need strong global alliances on trade etc."

ToneLa

Oh, interesting, they take donations on their page and the company who process it were set up mid January, so it has been a going concern while Luciana was throwing antisemitism about rather than answering splinter group questions.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11770529

biggytitbo

Will the 'Labour Friends of Israel' rebrand themselves as the 'Independent Group friends of Israel'?

Quote from: biggytitbo on February 18, 2019, 10:37:14 AM
Haha - https://theindependent.group/

Its so fucking Blair isnt it?

That's fucking great.

If some low level MP from the Thick of It had formed his own breakaway party the writers of that show couldn't have parodied empty New-Labour nothingness any better.

Cuellar

I feel so enthused by that website.

Captain Z

"We're clear that there needs to be an alternative"

Conservatives Lite, then.

dr beat

I thought if Campbell/Mandelson was involved it would be a tad more snazzy.  'The Independent Group' is such a half-baked name. 

'Indie' eh? 'We make the policies we enjoy and if anyone else likes them its a bonus'...

Fambo Number Mive

Just sent Labour some cash as an up yours to this new party. Considering going to Conference in September if I can afford it.

Pseudopath

Quote from: pancreas on February 18, 2019, 10:39:21 AM
That website looks like a Google site.

Looks like it's hosted on a DigitalOcean droplet. All of the links in the footer menu are broken and take you to DigitalOcean's default 404 page (here's the Donate page, for example). Haven't they supposedly been planning this for months? Fucking hell.

hedgehog90

Hordes of bored onlookers have just crashed their garbage site.
I'm just getting a 503 error.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Pseudopath on February 18, 2019, 10:41:07 AM
Some woeful cropping on that logo too:

Hopefully they'll go the same way as The Independent Newspaper.

Website full of clickbait in 2 years time?

"The Independent Group announced a policy and the internet are shocked"

"Let's clap back at Corbyn"