Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,182
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:54:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Adult Swim on All 4

Started by thisaintnopicnic, February 18, 2019, 09:37:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thisaintnopicnic

https://www.channel4.com/press/news/rick-and-morty-get-schwifty-channel-4-e4-and-all-4

QuoteFans old and new will be able to revisit and fall in love with a vast array of shows as the first batch of programmes arrives in February:

Long running, irreverent and beloved sketch show Robot Chicken including specials on Star Wars, DC Comics and The Walking Dead
Super-villainous The Venture Bros
Meme-generating surrealist wonder The Eric Andre Show and the UK premiere of Andre's new show Mostly 4 Millennials
Satanic good boy Mr. Pickles
Everyone's favourite band of sentient fast food Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Hilarious and bizarre Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!, with Tim & Eric's Bedtime Stories
Backwoods redneck nonsense from Squidbillies
Crime fighting capers with Hot Streets
Suit up for The Game with Ballmastrz 9009
And many, many, many more to come across 2019

The Robot Chicken specials and a couple of Rick & Morty episodes are already on All4. I think this will be the first time that stuff like Tim & Eric and ATHF has been available to stream in the UK, it seems like a good fit with Channel 4

Small Man Big Horse

That's great news, hopefully it'll persuade people I know to finally get in to things like The Venture Bros. and The Eric Andre Show as they're anti-torrenting but I know they'd love them.

Twed

I can only really approve of ATHF and Squidbillies from that list.

It would be much better if they showed Space Ghost and The Brak Show and all that stuff from back when Adult Swim was like the American good-period Channel 4.

madhair60

up_the_hampipe

Woah, that's cool. I'm glad they're doing a proper Adult Swim block, although it would be better if it was late at night on Channel 4 instead of E4 so loads more people could stumble across it. Imagine some drunk student seeing The Eric Andre Show or Tim and Eric at 2am.

PowerButchi

Can't watch Check It Out! on the proper Adultswim site now, because of these fucks. It's not on All4 andf if it were it'd be all ad ridden to fuck.

alan nagsworth

Whoa fuck, if they mean the full backlog of Venture Bros seasons then I'm going to be very happy.

Ornlu

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on February 19, 2019, 12:41:47 AM
Woah, that's cool. I'm glad they're doing a proper Adult Swim block, although it would be better if it was late at night on Channel 4 instead of E4 so loads more people could stumble across it. Imagine some drunk student seeing The Eric Andre Show or Tim and Eric at 2am.

Dont think that kind of thing really happens Any more does it? Students dont go fucked on mdma and flick through the terrestrial channels. Even when I was a student in 2008 that was on its way out with Torrents and YouTube etc. If they're gonna chance upon it anywhere itd be on streaming stuff.

Wet Blanket

From what I can tell it's not a proper Adult Swim block like they had on one of the  UKTV channels recently, with all the branding and that, it's a couple of episodes of Rick and Morty series 1/ Robot Chicken etc. in the late night Big Bang Theory slot.

Channel 4 piss away a lot of their more interesting US imports. Broad City is hidden away on late night 4music. They had Tim and Eric for a while but abandoned it after a couple of series. Bring back 4Later!

EDIT - Although yeah it's great that they'll be available on All4. I wonder for how long?

Chollis

I remember stumbling across Tim and Eric Awesome Show for the first time, around 2am with a bunch of mates, just incredibly bored and flicking through channels. Couldn't have picked a better way to be honest, we'd never seen anything like it. We were baked though which obviously lent itself to the crying with laughter that followed the initial bafflement.

McFlymo

Quote from: Chollis on February 19, 2019, 02:33:00 PM
I remember stumbling across Tim and Eric Awesome Show for the first time, around 2am with a bunch of mates, just incredibly bored and flicking through channels. Couldn't have picked a better way to be honest, we'd never seen anything like it. We were baked though which obviously lent itself to the crying with laughter that followed the initial bafflement.

I had this experience with Harry Hill in the mid-90s.
Just bafflement, then doubled over laughter until tears trickled down our faces.

I am pretty excited about this Adult Swim caper! Good job, C4!
Hope it's not just teaser episodes.

PowerButchi

They have a few things on there, all of Tim and Eric for example. But, the fucking dogwanking shithouses fill All 4 with all their adverts and have, due to their wankation, meant that adultswimcom where we could stream everythintg ios now unstreambale. I like to watch Check It Out on there when I've had a pint. ANd it's blocked now. I could watch that ad free. Now is GEOBANNED, and All 4 haven't got it and it's full of fucking adverts anyaway. It took me a fucking qweek to wacth GBH on All4 because it's always with the fucking adverts. ANd if you block the bastards  you're started agiaan.

alan nagsworth

There's no bastard excuse for 99% of the shitehawks on this forum who live in the UK and have never seen The Venture Bros to postpone their guaranteed enjoyment of one of the greatest animated comedies of all time now that it's all here and freely available. Seriously, fucking get amongst it.

Egyptian Feast

Quote from: alan nagsworth on February 21, 2019, 07:44:14 AM
There's no bastard excuse for 99% of the shitehawks on this forum who live in the UK and have never seen The Venture Bros to postpone their guaranteed enjoyment of one of the greatest animated comedies of all time now that it's all here and freely available. Seriously, fucking get amongst it.

I've been meaning to watch this for years. Finally checked out the first episode last night and looking forward to binging the rest. Better late than never (I only heard my first of Montreal album a few months back after a decade meaning to check them out on your recommendation, BTW).

I almost passed out from hysterics watching The Eric Andre Show. I can't rationalise why it makes me laugh to the point of pain, but no other show triggers that kind of response at the moment. I can only watch an episode or two at a time cos it hurts (also my missus isn't keen).

alan nagsworth

My advice to any Venture newcomers is to stick out the first season. Like Always Sunny, it takes a little while to find its feet. Unlike Always Sunny, however, it's still essential viewing because TVB's layers of continuity in the seasons to come is incredibly rich.

It starts getting a head of steam on "Ghosts of the Sargasso" (which has one of my favourite David Bowie nods of all time) but by the cliffhanger finale you should be ready to devour season two onwards. That's where it gets seriously good.

I'm glad you're getting into of Montreal too! Although your post didn't seem to glean whether or not you enjoyed them, haha.

Egyptian Feast

Quote from: alan nagsworth on February 21, 2019, 09:37:45 AM
My advice to any Venture newcomers is to stick out the first season. Like Always Sunny, it takes a little while to find its feet. Unlike Always Sunny, however, it's still essential viewing because TVB's layers of continuity in the seasons to come is incredibly rich.

It starts getting a head of steam on "Ghosts of the Sargasso" (which has one of my favourite David Bowie nods of all time) but by the cliffhanger finale you should be ready to devour season two onwards. That's where it gets seriously good.

I'm glad you're getting into of Montreal too! Although your post didn't seem to glean whether or not you enjoyed them, haha.

I'm happy to say I enjoyed the fuck out of them and have listened to almost nothing else for the last three or four months. I haven't fallen for a band so hard in a long time. Maybe I should start a thread...

I can already tell I'm really going to enjoy The Venture Bros. Like Always Sunny (which I also only started watching in the last year), I enjoyed the first episode enough on its own merits, so I'm sure I'll be thoroughly addicted by the time it really finds its feet.

Blumf

Quote from: alan nagsworth on February 21, 2019, 09:37:45 AM
My advice to any Venture newcomers is to stick out the first season.

I think it only takes a few episodes before you can grab on to the overarching [ahem] themes and ride on from there.

Sebastian Cobb

That's all it took for me. Although I'd watched several episodes before I realised that All 4 have the first episode of a series at the bottom of the list.

Anyhow it's good enough that I went to the effort of figuring out the domain of their ad server and blocking it in my dns so i can watch it on fire tv (won't work on web) without ads.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: thisaintnopicnic on February 18, 2019, 09:37:43 PM
Crime fighting capers with Hot Streets

I've been getting in to this recently, it's very daft, and very adultswim, but it makes me laugh and I'm worryingly fond of the sort of talking dog Chubby Webbers, who's voiced by Justin Roiland.

a peepee tipi

alan nagsworth is very slightly wrong and therefore a genuine cunt. First season of VB is brilliant, it's just not indicative of what it evolves into but it's still funny as fuck