Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:36:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Brexit Thread Six: A Gaping Homage To Brextus Propertius

Started by Fambo Number Mive, February 19, 2019, 10:23:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggytitbo

Quote from: ToneLa on March 15, 2019, 02:54:38 PM
How do you explain the non EU countries?

But they're not part of a bureaucratic trading block whose proponents constantly claim is some kind of liberal utopia that is literally the only possible way we can maintain the values or tolerance, cooperation and internationalism.

Soup Dogg

How do you people have the stamina for the same fucking arguments over and over and over and over and over and

NoSleep

I wish people would ignore him; he might not stop posting but it's pointless engaging with somebody who posts in a manner equivalent to shouting at passing cars with a megaphone.

ToneLa

Quote from: NoSleep on March 15, 2019, 03:19:58 PM
I wish people would ignore him; he might not stop posting but it's pointless engaging with somebody who posts in a manner equivalent to shouting at passing cars with a megaphone.

I'm baffled it's permitted as its not arguing in good faith. I accept I am the only one arsed apparently but not everything has to come down to thinking millions of people are the same and "delusions" and sanity etc.

But whatever. This thread has been nice and tolerant of my own deep end posts like my Universal Credit panic attack. (You can imagine I bristle at statements like "what the common man wants.. ")

Biggy isn't interested in a conversation. No illusions here. It's fun to have a counterpoint but when nothing is going on, this is a fucking blog

Shit, if this thread just voted: ignore the fella, sound. There's enough of us to talk Brexit, yknow?

As echo chamber as it might get when everyone is reasonable and sources their findings! Haha.

biggytitbo

In other words someone disagrees with what you think about the EU and you're going to whine about it endlessly, rather than have some better arguments.

Soup Dogg

These arguments suck ass and you've been saying the exact same 5 things over and over for the past forever. It's exhausting.

jobotic

And Biggy, you always ignore posts like this. Which makes it very difficult to believe that other people are something that interest you in the slightest.

Quote from: Buelligan on March 15, 2019, 12:03:10 PM
Point is biggy, people can get by - we need to tackle some internal shit, like zero-hours, universal credit, underfunding, these are not EU things, they can be dealt with given the right government. 

With Brexit, unless, you know you're sitting pretty, anything could happen - I could lose my home, job, everything, lots of people are in that position.  Many more may lose their jobs, which may mean losing their homes and that can often mean losing their families. 

This isn't just some hand-wavy shit, it's real.  That's why lots of people, especially given the insight into just how completely fucking useless the government we're supposed to handing this marvellous sovereignty to are, are worried as fuck and would rather stay in. 

Can you understand that?  It's real people, real lives, not your interpretation as a five minute expert, using figures from some spurious slanted blog, of how the trade deficit looks.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Soup Dogg on March 15, 2019, 03:47:19 PM
These arguments suck ass and you've been saying the exact same 5 things over and over for the past forever. It's exhausting.

The subject is brexit, complaining that its repetitive is a bit like going in a football thread and complaining that people keep talking about men kicking a ball into a net.

Alberon

Meanwhile, back in a reasonable approximation of the real world, May is still trying to get her plan through. Intensive negotiations with the DUP are ongoing with the hope they can be won over to the PM's deal.

If they are onboard then the ERGnauts might join as well and the deal could pass.

biggytitbo

Quote from: jobotic on March 15, 2019, 04:01:50 PM
And Biggy, you always ignore posts like this. Which makes it very difficult to believe that other people are something that interest you in the slightest.

The 17m people who voted to leave your bureaucratic trading block are 'real people', with 'real lives' I believe? Why don't you give a shit about them jobotic? For many of those real people with real lives the vote is their only real way of changing a world run by the kind of elites who love the EU so much, for the kind of elites who love the EU so much, and couldnt give a flying shit what these real people with real lives think or feel about anything.

I care about those people, thanks.

Alberon

The DUP have left the meeting saying they're not convinced yet.

Paul Calf

Paul Calf

Quote from: Alberon on March 15, 2019, 04:22:40 PM
The DUP have left the meeting saying they're not convinced yet "put another couple of noughts on the end, Terri love".

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Alberon on March 15, 2019, 04:08:12 PM
Meanwhile, back in a reasonable approximation of the real world, May is still trying to get her plan through. Intensive negotiations with the DUP are ongoing with the hope they can be won over to the PM's deal.

If they are onboard then the ERGnauts might join as well and the deal could pass.

But it failed twice. She shouldnt be allowed. Its fraud

Buelligan

Quote from: Paul Calf on March 15, 2019, 04:23:11 PM
I wonder whether even you actually believe this.

It's such utter bollocks.  Since when did caring about people depend on which way they voted in the Referendum?  And, even if it should, what, precisely, are you caring about?  Their precious vote (surely no more sacred or precious than anyone else's) being respected?  What do they lose if Britain remains in the EU that we must protect for them?  A huge number of people losing their jobs/homes/families versus what?  Utter risible crap.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on March 15, 2019, 04:28:17 PM
It's such utter bollocks.  Since when did caring about people depend on which way they voted in the Referendum?  And, even if it should, what, precisely, are you caring about?  Their precious vote (surely no more sacred or precious than anyone else's) being respected?  What do they lose if Britain remains in the EU that we must protect for them?  A huge number of people losing their jobs/homes/families versus what?  Utter risible crap.

Once more for the chumps... this time with gusto. I cant see us returning to the quasi tolerant, forward thinking society of the 1990s

jobotic

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 15, 2019, 04:15:15 PM

The 17m people who voted to leave your bureaucratic trading block are 'real people', with 'real lives' I believe? Why don't you give a shit about them jobotic? For many of those real people with real lives the vote is their only real way of changing a world run by the kind of elites who love the EU so much, for the kind of elites who love the EU so much, and couldnt give a flying shit what these real people with real lives think or feel about anything.

The vast majority of those people will be made worse off by Brexit, particularly your ideal no deal Power Brexit. Certain elites will do very very well out of it though and they really couldn't give a shit about the people they tricked into helping them cash in.

As you know.

Zetetic

The 17m people who voted to leave your bureaucratic trading block are 'real people', with 'real lives' I believe?
A minor point but the number with any sort of life, 'real' or otherwise, at this point is probably closer to 16 million.

Whether or not you retain 'real [person]' status after death is a philosophical question that I'm not sure this thread can bear.

Returning to the topic at hand, death is of course one way to Leave at 1100 on 29th March.

NoSleep

Quote from: Zetetic on March 15, 2019, 04:45:26 PM
A minor point but the number with any sort of life, 'real' or otherwise, at this point is probably closer to 16 million.

Whether or not you retain 'real [person]' status after death is a philosophical question that I'm not sure this thread can bear.

It's what they would have wanted. The UK scuttled by dying wishes.

Replies From View

Jittlebags

Oof. Looks like we signed a continuity deal with Fiji and Papua New Guinea yesterday. So that's on top of Chile, Switzerland and the Faroe Islands.

Interesting. Maybe we should have gone with the Switzerland Model if they can do their own Free Trade agreements. Still we should be ok for expensive watches, copper and blubber.

ToneLa

Quote from: Jittlebags on March 15, 2019, 05:00:34 PM
Still we should be ok for expensive watches, copper and blubber.

Add snow in June and that's the great Scandinavian night oot.

And that's comin, mark my words. 🤔

Replies From View

The UK population is 67 million by the way.

"I sociopathically lack any degree of care for everyone who didn't or couldn't vote Leave during the EU referendum, but will nevertheless suffer as a consequence of it" - biggytitbo

ToneLa

Let's shit this thread up a bit

People who didn't vote leave (as in human beings who didn't or couldn't vote or didn't have their votes counted) + Remain  > actual Leave voters

Mandate scamdate I say. Democracy dey-mock-at-me

Mr_Simnock

People who didn't vote remain (as in human beings who didn't or couldn't vote or didn't have their votes counted) + actual Leave voters  >  Remain

complete mandate mate

Replies From View

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on March 15, 2019, 05:19:44 PM
People who didn't vote remain (as in human beings who didn't or couldn't vote or didn't have their votes counted) + actual Leave voters  >  Remain

complete mandate mate

titbo was snorting that an uncounted 35 million people aren't worth caring about.  Are you agreeing with him?

ToneLa

Ah, but you vote for change: silence is consent for the status quo, though I might have borrowed that logic off an incel Reddit

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on March 15, 2019, 05:19:44 PM

complete mandate mate

In the same way the 2015 general election result is a mandate, ie. Increasingly not

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: Replies From View on March 15, 2019, 05:26:24 PM
titbo was snorting that an uncounted 35 million people aren't worth caring about.  Are you agreeing with him?

am I? I wonder?

Paul Calf

Thank fuck the towering intellect of Simnock is finally with us.