Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:13:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Brexit Thread Six: A Gaping Homage To Brextus Propertius

Started by Fambo Number Mive, February 19, 2019, 10:23:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuellar

Hey, what's my comment got to do with Honda? Doesn't really fit in with the others.

Zetetic

Quote from: Cuellar on February 19, 2019, 07:36:28 PM
Hey, what's my comment got to do with Honda? Doesn't really fit in with the others.

removed

xx

Cuellar

I salute your courage, your strength, your indefatigability.

Jittlebags

My no deal Brexit strategy is to stockpile a big fuck load of Old English flavour Spangles.

Cuellar

Quote from: Zetetic on February 19, 2019, 07:38:47 PM
Please, Cuellar, just stop stockpiling Hondas.

Look I need these to live. I'm on two Hondas a day and one just before bed, and if you think it's reasonable that Brexit costs me the Hondas I need to survive then you can frankly eff off.

katzenjammer

Another brexit win here

QuoteYou do not pay capital gains tax in Spain when you sell your main residence if you reinvest the money in another property to be your main home (both properties must meet certain conditions to qualify).

The property does not need to be in Spain to qualify for this relief, but it must be in an EU or European Economic Area (EEA) country. Likewise, the new home needs to be in the EU/EEA. If the UK ends up outside the EEA after Brexit, UK residents could therefore lose this main home relief in Spain.

So basically anyone who moves back to the UK after brexit will have to pay 19% CGT to the Spanish government when they sell their home.  Could affect a lot of pensioners on the costas if they, for example, can't get health cover and are forced to return.

Buelligan

Not to mention the fact that property prices have already fallen in Spain (due to the 2008 crash).  Imagine what it'll be like trying to sell your house when every other bugger's doing it too and there are no fresh British retirees looking to buy.  Likelihood is, that'll leave the burden of supporting these old ducks squarely on Britain's austere shoulders.  Which will be nice.

Uncle TechTip

Sweet karma though for all those terrible participants of Homes in the Sun and what have you. Generally gammon, though that could be the Spanish weather.

Buelligan

Not sure about that.  The only one I've known personally was the dad of a friend, worked all his life as a postman, got an MS diagnosis just after retirement, wife left him, bought a small flat out there because the pension went further and the warm helped with his spacticity.  Luckily for him, he's dead now.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on February 21, 2019, 03:41:52 PM
Not sure about that.  The only one I've known personally was the dad of a friend, worked all his life as a postman, got an MS diagnosis just after retirement, wife left him, bought a small flat out there because the pension went further and the warm helped with his spacticity.  Luckily for him, he's dead now.

I'm sure you'll be rolling the stone across your cave entrance to welcome those refugees from the Costa Brava etc ;)

Buelligan

Sorry, it wasn't MS, it was Parkinson's.  I doubt any of them will be wanting to stop here, they won't be able to get medical care not sure about the pensions (whether state pensions will be paid to people in the EU) and it's a bit more parky than they're used to.

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

Twed

Twed

Cold Meat Platter

BlodwynPig

Replies From View

Fewer than two pages in three days?

Because all the bickering has been redirected into different threads I suppose.

Replies From View

Quote from: biggytitbo on February 22, 2019, 11:45:56 AM
Sounds like the codicil/joint interpretative instrument could be the way out after all -

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-deal-latest-theresa-may-negotiations-brussels-eu-stephen-barclay-a8790816.html

"We have noticed you are using an ad blocker" they perceptively state.  With a big obnoxious banner that stops me reading their article.

Fuck 'em, then.

EOLAN

Quote from: Replies From View on February 22, 2019, 01:55:16 PM
Fewer than two pages in three days?

Because all the bickering has been redirected into different threads I suppose.
True. Similarly to the national media. Feels a bit like a calm before another turbulent storm; with Theresa May ineffectually waving her fist at it.

olliebean

Quote from: Replies From View on February 22, 2019, 01:57:04 PM
"We have noticed you are using an ad blocker" they perceptively state.  With a big obnoxious banner that stops me reading their article.

Fuck 'em, then.

I didn't get that, although I am using an ad blocker (uBlock Origin, FWIW). I don't know if there were any ads, but if there were it successfully blocked them all.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Replies From View on February 22, 2019, 01:57:04 PM

Fuck 'em, then.

"We have noticed you are a pleb. A speck in the dismal grey sludge of humanity. You're not worth our time or effort. This is not the place for you or your ilk. You are worthless and beneath contempt. Go fuck yourself while we dine on virgin milk and the loins of rich men's daughters"

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on February 20, 2019, 10:48:23 PM
Sweet karma though for all those terrible participants of Homes in the Sun and what have you. Generally gammon, though that could be the Spanish weather.
Like anyone's ever bought a house on one of them shows, the fuckers always change their mind at the end - they just want a free holiday.