Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:44:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

CaB Twitch

Started by Thursday, February 19, 2019, 07:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thursday

Do you think this is something people here would watch/want to do? I know we've just been lamenting the lack of activity on these forums so there probably isn't much interest, but I really like the idea of it becoming a CaB community thing.

I remember Barry once trying out an Xcom 2 stream on here and I enjoyed i but I was pretty much the only one. I tried an Outlast stream on here once which was interesting to try.

It's certainly a lot easier to do and engage with than hosting CaB radio I think and if nobody is watching you're still playing a game, so it's less necessary to have an audience.

I realise this sounds very defeatist from the off, but what do people think? I thought it would be worth floating the idea.

You do know about (spam) right? Its on right now and has been every Tuesday. you can watch here. https://live.fc2.com/6162694/

Was in fact doing a bit of minecraft streaming earlyer.

ziggy starbucks

I'd be up for watching/participating

Kelvin

Yeah, I've been planning on trying twitch for a while, had planned on giving it a go later this year. A group thing might be better. 

The OBS software is the thing you should be using to stream with. Two things that you'll need for good quality video is a good graphics card and a good upload width.

Mr. Internet

Can you get away with streaming on OBS via a laptop? Would it depend on the hard drive, the graphics card, a combination of both, or something else?

Mainly GPU, with an under performing GPU you might find the game your playing lagging. Unless your playing it on console and then putting it through a capture card. Best thing to do is try it out and see how it goes.

Beagle 2

I'd definitely watch if it was people on here doing it under the CaB banner. I really enjoy the game chat on here between the more vocal contributors, and of course some of you already are already experienced in this kind of caper.

I'd watch and bring the bants in chat. I would ideally stream but after the utter FIASCO in the pub, I'd be loath to jump back in so soon. Also I don't really have a computer, just a console, a camera and a Twitch account. Maybe that'd be fine. I could do Shmup Shundays.

Thursday

I mean it's really easy to do on PS4, obviously there's better setups, but that's workable.

Harpo Speaks

Quote from: Thursday on February 19, 2019, 07:49:47 PM
I remember Barry once trying out an Xcom 2 stream on here and I enjoyed i but I was pretty much the only one.

Forgot about this but I enjoyed it too. Don't really use Twitch streams often as all of the gaming stuff I watch tends to be on YT anyway, but if I'd definitely try and check in with it if some CaBbers were streaming (like their passengers).