Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,187
  • Total Topics: 106,349
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:44:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Manchester meet?

Started by tookish, February 20, 2019, 09:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

When, then, ye balding fucks?

Saturday 23rd March
5 (38.5%)
Sunday 24th March
2 (15.4%)
Saturday 30th March
3 (23.1%)
APRIL FOOLS WHEYYYY LADS
5 (38.5%)
Saturday 6th April
5 (38.5%)
Sunday 7th April
3 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 13

king_tubby

Not as good as the original in Leeds, obvs.

Norton Canes

tookish

kittens

lads depending on the date i might come lads, that'd be good wouldn't it

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: king_tubby on March 05, 2019, 01:13:21 PM
Not as good as the original in Leeds, obvs.

Tasty stuff but damn expensive. The beer is about the priciest in the city too, and if its anything like Leeds' we probably will struggle to get a table.

We don't have to go to Spoons necessarily but I spent about £50 quid in Sandbar last time which was a joke really. There's a reason Leeds meets happen at the Angel. 8-9 hours drinking without busting £20.

Surely Manchester has a nice easy to get to pub where you can get £3-£3.50 drinks.

Norton Canes

I don't mind Wetherspoons if it has to be, I know I got a bit arsey about it last time but fuck it, it was a nice space, and at the end I'll pick a cubicle and do a dirty protest.

A toilet cubicle obviously

king_tubby

Manc Bundobust is about three times the size of the Leeds one, got a table there on a Saturday pm without a problem. I seem to recall the beer was more expensive than in Leeds.

pancreas

I don't see how you'd spend £50 in the Sandbar and £20 in a Spoons. Also, Brexit.

tookish

Font is reliably cheap and central, although it is markedly  better for cocktails than for a selection of ales. Maybe I will take my Mumsnet meet there.

I am more than happy with a Wetherspoons, personally.

There's also a few indie pubs with a reasonably priced pint but they are tucked a bit out of the way.

Piccadilly Tavern is okay and slap bang in the middle of town, although very busy.

holyzombiejesus

I'd really prefer not to go to Wetherspoons and if we really really must, could we make it the usual one rather than that Piccadilly Tavern one?

Not sure if this is too expensive but the Market Tavern is really good....

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: pancreas on March 05, 2019, 04:05:38 PM
I don't see how you'd spend £50 in the Sandbar and £20 in a Spoons. Also, Brexit.

Angel is Sam Smiths, rather than Spoons. Bet they are pro-Brexit, mind. Though with Spoons doing £2 drinks and £4 meals it's possible I dare say.

Iirc, I had 8 pints and one of Sandbars pizzas so that came to about £50.00

Contrast to paying £2 a pint...

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Market Tavern looks decent, yes. Bit further out but that doesn't bother me personally.

Norton Canes

No problem for me either. I can always nip round to Urban Jungle and fondle a chameleon.

tookish

Market Tavern works for me, holyzombiejesus.

Mr_Simnock

Have we any particular date set?

holyzombiejesus

No, not yet. Shall we go for Saturday 27th April?

Mr_Simnock

Away that day, why not pick a date from the pole at the top? I've gone for April 6th but I can do the 7th as well, I'm in Milan during the other dates so can't make those.

holyzombiejesus

'cause Shoulders can only do a Sunday and Sundays are a stupid fucking day for a meet. We can go Shouldersless if you like. Or do a Sunday.

tookish

Shoulders is an institution, we can't go without him. How is that Sunday looking for everyone else?

Norton Canes

Any of those Sats in the poll is good for me. At least, I say that... it'll probably end up being the one where I'd forgotten I booked a second honeymoon or something.

Wait, Shoulders can only do a Sunday? Sundays are OK but not to stay anywhere near as late.

purlieu

I will be stopping on Shoulders's sofa in Leeds on the morning of the 27th. Wondering if I can somehow adapt my Leeds visit into including the Manchester meet too. I don't think I can have the money.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I can do Saturdays, its just April 27th is the next feasible one. I don't want to abandon purlieu though.

pancreas

27th April would work for me.

holyzombiejesus

Can we confirm for that date then?

Kelvin

Fine, 27th April, you useless pricks.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Tentative yes from me for Saturday 27th April

Norton Canes

pancreas

Deffo? I'll book tix if so.

If you any of you fucking cunts cancel on me I'll bundle you up and punt you into a Labour Party meeting saying you're a Jew.

pancreas

^ This was unfortunate. I'm actually hosting a housewarming that weekend. Sorry but you'll have to do without me. I'll send some alkaline earth metal to Shoulders to distribute on my behalf.