Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:27:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Guilty

Started by zomgmouse, February 22, 2019, 11:21:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zomgmouse

New Danish thriller set in the call centre of an emergency department with plenty of twists and turns along the way.

One can't help but think of the call centre episode of Inside No. 9 but this was different enough and was terrifically taut. Thinking back perhaps it is a bit too sympathetic of its lead but it did have me in suspense pretty much throughout.

Junglist

I watched this, Burning, Climax and Border over the space of two days and it reminded me just how phenomenal cinema as a medium really is.

As for this as a film, its taut, emotional and the lead performance from Cedergren is outstanding. Similar to yourself it reminded me of the Inside No 9 episode, along with Locke.

But basically everyone watch Burning.

I was worried at first this would just be like the Halle Berry film from a few year's back, The Call, but his was far less silly and tighter as a narrative. I can only echo the praise, including that for Cedergren. Also a big yes to Burning, the film of 2018 for me, just edging out Shoplifters and Long Day's Journey Into Night.