Author Topic: QUEER EYE THREAD  (Read 262 times)

kittens

• kittens
  • Silver Member
  • don't have a cow man
QUEER EYE THREAD
« on: February 23, 2019, 10:51:30 PM »
lads who likes queer eye. i love queer eye. who is your favourite of the fab five. mine is tan and jonathan. my favourite episode is when that gay bloke came out to his stepmum. my least favourite is when they pretended they were all religious and bobby wouldn't enter the church. please will someone nominate me to be on queer eye.

Mister Six

• Half-masted, bass-boosted, sling-backed
Re: QUEER EYE THREAD
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 03:57:46 PM »
Tan is my favourite because it's so weird to see a bloke from Doncaster telling a fractionally homophobic guy from Tennessee how to do a French tuck.

My least favourite is the handsome cooking one who never says or does anything interesting. At least the blonde bloke blubs about the church sometimes.

Mrs Six and I decided to watch some of the original UK Queer Eye for the Straight Guy after ploughing through the original and boy howdy, it is not compelling. It's basically an hour of genuinely useful interior design and clothing tips, rather than an intense mini-drama full of manipulative music and people weeping. Genuinely unwatchable.

mothman

• I don't know why
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 04:11:47 PM »
MrsMoth and I developed a taste for the US original while living in NZ 15 years ago. We couldn’t take to the new reboot though.

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 04:54:07 PM »
Worst episode is the one with the policeman, best episode is the one where the Five Fab all go crazy about something surprising happening at the end video but now I don't remember what it was?

Blue Jam

• St. Bastard's in Knucklesford
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2019, 03:58:57 PM »
I FUCKING LOVE QUEER EYE and Tan is the best, obviously. Here is an interview with him from today's Grauniad:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2019/mar/09/queer-eye-tan-france-the-word-gay-was-never-mentioned-in-my-parents-home

France has never cried on camera. “I physically can’t. I don’t know what it is."

That's the Yorkshireman in you, love. Your inner Jeremy Clarkson.